Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Tournament update

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Hi everyone,

You might have seen the recent disqualification that had to be made (if not, here it is: viewtopic.php?f=420&t=13501).

This puts us in a bit of a bind since Sir_Musket, the disqualified player, had an ro8 match against Jerom, who is trying to forfeit his matches. We'd thus be moving the winner of Jerimuno vs. aligator92 (Idk who won yet, don't worry guys I'll get around to getting it casted) directly into the finals. That's alright, but it seems like a substantially fairer option is to rewind parts of the tournament to allow players who were unfairly eliminated a chance to participate. Hence, we're going to try the following:

• @quishosanchez and @_LeGiT play a match out on the ro16 map pool (as if quishosanchez had defeated Sir_Musket in the ro32)
  • The winner of these two players plays against @look on the ro8 map pool , who will take @momuuu 's spot (look being the last player that momuuu defeated)
  • The winner of that match plays against the winner of Jerimuno and aligator92 as the semifinals match

This has the consequence of delaying the entire tournament by one or two weeks while these matches get played, which is unfortunate, but I think that this is the best option to ensure fairness for everyone involved.

@quishosanchez , @_LeGiT , @look , let me know if you are able to play and I'll assist with getting your games scheduled and the brackets updated.

@ everyone else, let me know if you have questions, comments, complaints, concerns, etc.
duck
:mds:
imo
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Tournament update

Post by Kaiserklein »

ez4look
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

"trying" to forfeit... lol is that even a thing?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dang I was hoping to get another crack at it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

With all this delay, I could still play. It was just that sir musket didnt have time after I had, so in that sense I felt like he would deserve to advance (the irony).
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Sometimes you can just wonder about some people's stupidity
r]
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

momuuu wrote:With all this delay, I could still play. It was just that sir musket didnt have time after I had, so in that sense I felt like he would deserve to advance (the irony).

then just play... stop with da excuzezzzz
Germany Lenari
Musketeer
ESO: Lenari

Post by Lenari »

What will you do about the punishment for the player who smurfed on sirmuskets acc?
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Lenari wrote:What will you do about the punishment for the player who smurfed on sirmuskets acc?

Personally, nothing. I'm only an admin for 2nd Chance and not a general tournament admin; I'll leave it to the Media Team to decide/announce what consequences there will be, if any, for the people involved.

@momuuu really screwing me here bro you had to tell me this after I already tagged look_tom in this thread telling him that he's playing. I'm going to go to sleep, I'll figure this point out tomorrow.
duck
:mds:
imo
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

@Lenari

For the moment, he has a received a warning and knows that any future infractions will have severe consequences. This was a first time offense for both players, and the event has no prize money, and having talked to both players, I don't anticipate any future offenses.

To anyone who may think to use this as an excuse to employ similar tactics in future no-prize events: don't. People caught playing on others accounts in the future will not get off as easily.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Yeah, look_tom, still going strong in 3rd chance tourney.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Why are we hiding the identity of the person that actually did the surfing on someone else's account? That person should be banned from future events
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

look_tom do it for kickass
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Why are we hiding the identity of the person that actually did the surfing on someone else's account? That person should be banned from future events
I don't think he should be banned, but he should be named, that much is certain.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

its fairly obvious who it is though lol
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

So who is it guys :salt:
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Sargsyan wrote:So who is it guys :salt:

There is a reason admins don't say who it is in public, why are you trying to create more drama, I think we got plenty of it already.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

tedere12 wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:So who is it guys :salt:

There is a reason admins don't say who it is in public, why are you trying to create more drama, I think we got plenty of it already.

So it was u ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

There might be some mitigating circumstances about why the guy smurfed on sirmusket, though this is not 100% confirmed yet. Plus, since sirmusket already had a second chance in the past, it makes sense that admins are less lenient with him than with the other guy. Sirmusket also bragged all over the forums about how good he is now etc, while the smurfer didn't actually post anything that would aggravate his case.

Finally, I'll argue that letting someone smurf on your account is a greater offense than smurfing on someone else's account. Smurfing brings nothing to the smurfer, only "fun", however stupid it sounds. Letting someone smurf on your account means trying to get credit for a tourney performance that isn't yours, which is, in my opinion, disgusting and despicable.

Or at least, that's just my 2 cents about it.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

thats my 50 cent about it
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Hazza54321 wrote:thats my 50 cent about it

can you just gtfo :flowers:
shit juice :hmm:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I find them about equal offenses.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Its like the passive and active homos lol
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Give the people what they want, put @Victor_swe in his spot!
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Excuse me, how is this player playing on musket' s account different than snow playing on two accounts. I'm assuming the mystery player was in the main tourney.

Let.me.just go convince some low players to play on their names since I'll face zero consequences