Tournament update

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Tournament update

Post by tedere12 »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Excuse me, how is this player playing on musket' s account different than snow playing on two accounts. I'm assuming the mystery player was in the main tourney.

Let.me.just go convince some low players to play on their names since I'll face zero consequences

It's the 2nd chance tourney and there is no prize money involved
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Excuse me, how is this player playing on musket' s account different than snow playing on two accounts. I'm assuming the mystery player was in the main tourney.

Let.me.just go convince some low players to play on their names since I'll face zero consequences

Exactly,everyone will do it and just share the prize half and half since they wont be banned if get caught.disgusting
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

tedere12 wrote:

KAY if theres no prize pool then smurf on each others accounts.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

tedere12 wrote:

Do you understand the only real point of a tournament, regardless of money, is for fun?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
tedere12 wrote:

Do you understand the only real point of a tournament, regardless of money, is for fun?

No, people can have fun playing this game outside of the tourney, the real reason people play in tourneys is to compete with other players.
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

I didn't say you can't have fun playing outside of a tournament.

You are clearly trying really hard to not get my point. Or just avoid addressing it.

Prize money will never be life changing, it won't even pay half a months rent. The point of tournaments is to have fun--for the fans and players. If you do anything to ruin that, you're a jackass.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Let.me.just go convince some low players to play on their names since I'll face zero consequences

You are telling me all that was stopping you from doing that were the consequences?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gyge'sh ring
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

edeholland wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:Let.me.just go convince some low players to play on their names since I'll face zero consequences

You are telling me all that was stopping you from doing that were the consequences?

Ede I'm sure he doesn't mean that he's just giving an example. He's man enough to not give up his integrity like that
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

edeholland wrote:

For lesser people, maybe.
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

Well this explains how I was able to beat Sirmusket in a brit mirror one time lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

JulyBurnsOrange wrote:Well this explains how I was able to beat Sirmusket in a brit mirror one time lol
yea if youre under pr30 and you win its cause it was actually sirmusket xD
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tedere12 wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No, people can have fun playing this game outside of the tourney, the real reason people play in tourneys is to compete with other players.

what's the reason to compete? because competition = get satisfaction out of it = fun. or competition = get "status" = get satisfaction out of it = fun... ye... fun.

smurfing defeats even the point of competition, because, if youre not the one playing, obviously you're not in the competition. And if you're smurfing, the other person doesn't actually know who he's playing, which greatly affects outcome of games obviously, so it's not a fair competition, is not a competition at all.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

umeu wrote:
tedere12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

what's the reason to compete? because competition = get satisfaction out of it = fun. or competition = get "status" = get satisfaction out of it = fun... ye... fun.

smurfing defeats even the point of competition, because, if youre not the one playing, obviously you're not in the competition. And if you're smurfing, the other person doesn't actually know who he's playing, which greatly affects outcome of games obviously, so it's not a fair competition, is not a competition at all.

What tedere is trying to say is that if you let someone smurf on your account for a tourney with money involved BUT forfeit like in RO8 for example, that's fine because you took no money
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

bwinner1 wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What tedere is trying to say is that if you let someone smurf on your account for a tourney with money involved BUT forfeit like in RO8 for example, that's fine because you took no money

That still takes away all the purpose of a tourney if people just play on other peoples’ accounts....

I don’t even know how there’s a discussion about if the person who smurfed should face consequences or not lol....
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
JulyBurnsOrange wrote:Well this explains how I was able to beat Sirmusket in a brit mirror one time lol

wow... give the guy a break man. he's already been punished by being removed from the tournament. isn't it enough? do you have to go these lengths to shame him publicly? wow... so sad man... :roll:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:

wow... give the guy a break man. he's already been punished by being removed from the tournament. isn't it enough? do you have to go these lengths to shame him publicly? wow... so sad man... :roll:
believe it or not people treat their friends differently then people they don't like. I can see how someone without friends wouldn't understand this though, so I'll give you a pass on this one.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm umeu's friend!
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

It takes two to smurf a tournament. One person to offer their account and another person to do the actually smurfing. Both are equally responsible and should be punished equally.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

This is complete bullshit that the person THAT ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAMES is being protected
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

KINGofOsmane wrote:nothing will happen to buti coz its mitoes practise partner
long live eso-c

What happened to hazza when he smurfed on totalchaos?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
long live eso-c

or to osmane when he smurfed on django_unchained
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Kaiserklein wrote:
long live eso-c

u have to start at one point?
or everyone just sign up with 5 accs since nothing happends
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
long live eso-c

u have to start at one point?
or everyone just sign up with 5 accs since nothing happends

Yeah probably. But you can't say the smurfer isn't punished because there's double standards, since it was the same before.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Or because the community is so small we can use circumstance and context?

Pls