Re: mitoe vs kaiserklein

Post by Mitoe »

Insanely hard series. GGs Kaiser.
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

Mitoe wrote:Insanely hard series. GGs Kaiser.

Nice man
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I just didn't deserve to win, didn't practice enough, and didn't learn the new good civs. The only mu where I had a plan was ger mirror and you didn't even play ger the whole series.
GGs anyway, was close games mostly. And gl for finals
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Looks like all those saturday smackdowns finally paid off
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

MITOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

China vs france was a bad engagement by kaiser, mostly because he tried to defend falcs while he really couldnt affort to. Kinda goes to show that you shouldnt do falcs against china.
The otto vs india one mitoe caught kaiser by surprise nicely and then did a nice job at being really annoying with raids and then sneaks in the age up. Still close one until mitoe resigns like a dummy.
Sioux vs dutch mitoe indeed makes a bank too much, kinda dies and then throws it completely with cm shipment.
Brits vs germany didnt see start so cant tell, seemed like a close game.
India vs germany, idk how mitoe managed to hold for so long. Kaiser probably shouldve pushed with a different angle. Sieging stuff doesnt really matter as buildings are pretty cheap.
Sioux vs france kaiser doesnt see the age up and then the dog soldier engagement just didnt work out.

High level games where little mistakes decide the game. Mitoe really needs to work on his mentality badly. Hes less focused and serious than the average 1st lt playing an unrated game.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Told ya! Mitoe all the way to the finals baby!
De Funk
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Man that was a fucking great series to watch! Thank you both of u guys for putting up such a special show
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Jerom wrote: Hes less focused and serious than the average 1st lt playing an unrated game.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Interesting to see that the 2 semi finals were really entertaining series, and not auto-pilot semi-ff. I think it shows that Goodspeed and overall the patch team has set the patch toward the right direction !
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I think last game kaiser would have won if he pushed the resources of mitoe and maybe make the teepees there
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Very good games! From a player's perspective it much harder and stressful to take risky decisions, especially in such a close semifinals! Good job both of you, and looking forward to an even better finals
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Will the videos be on twitch? So far they are not.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Snuden wrote:Will the videos be on twitch? So far they are not.

It's there, just with the wrong stream title.
oranges.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

What a bunch of sneakyphants!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

:mad:
[Sith] - Baphomet
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

congratz mitoe
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

plays aoe 3 on his birthday.. what a loser
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol watched again the last game, I just needed to make a firepit and go on attack dance, and to kill falcs a bit faster (they weren't covered), and I would crush the last fight... What a bad play from me
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Great series guys!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

In the Tibet game Kaiser chose a build that gets countered by 9 pikes semi. He needed atleast 10 cav so that those 9 pikes are pinned in base. Someone else suggested musk semi, which might also work, perhaps with musk/cuir/skirm/cannon into standard skirm/goon/cuir. Key point is that French must keep momentum to control the flow of the game with the stagecoach providing the eco edge. Clearly paying for that and gifting 1 TP isn’t great deal. Also because of 5 huss only China was able to push back for map in early fortress.
Then at the big battle it was just China being China. Simply too much stuff from China and also the classic “cannons to protect get you rekt” by mass pike+cav combo. Can’t really blame pathing (should have dragboxed those goons behind skirms if anything), simply though MU for French, especially on Tibet.

In the Fertile Crescent game I’m surprised by Mitoe’s build given that we practiced that MU so many times. 4 sowar was useless after he succeeded denying the foundry. Should have been 600w. Then just gurka+sowar with some raids unti India needs more anticav for the incoming huss addition. There is no way otto can outspam if it has lsot momentum. Then India combo is simply better, perhaps even adding 5-10 zambs just for dpsing down huss in a possible big fight. Otto timing doesn’t seem to work anymore because India can do this fast units build and then Otto is on jan/abus for a big window of time where sowar can just buy time raiding. Then as the game goes on India gradually outscales. On top of that both jan abus are nerfed which is big.
The age up was risky to say the least. Suddendly Mitoe has no map (no mines where to get coin from) and also inevitably loses a couple vills. Urumi were useless. That said he probably could have still won since trades went not so bad. Dunno why no disciplined gurka with all that income available (in the worst case just skip vills for a moment and trade food for gold). Premature resign indeed.

Florida game was just Sioux being Sioux. Even with imo a suboptimal build which doesn’t play by Sioux’s strengths to full extent (no 2 TP, no exploiting free 200 pop). Not that Kaiser build was bad or anything (actually was a rather solid build) but it wasn’t as forcing as it can be.

In the Mendocino game you can tell Kaiser was quite concerned at every point. Mitoe forward vill faint forced a wall+gate plus rax naked FF. Then first card was 3WW because of no colonial ulhans to protect skirms, which is also suboptimal. Kaiser also unfortunately didn’t have vision over the top right mine of Mitoe so he didn’t know he was gathering there. And then sieging the wonder was kind of a waste of time even if it grants some XP.
I don’t think Mitoe build’s really work vs a solid standard German ulhan semi.

In the Iowa game Kaiser always had more units but chokes really screwed his pathing in every single battle. This is why I don’t like that map, there is simply very little playable area and walls are easy to abuse.
After all those lost chances to finish the game Kaiser was arguably still winning in the late game (or they were even at least) but he decided to go IV at 160/200 pop which is obviously a mistake. Should have reached 200/200 first just to be 100% sure he couldn’t be punished and then decide whether to age or not. He wasn’t even maxed on vills yet and also had 1k gold still available as next card just in case he still wanted to age up.
Imo he was in a good position up to that point (his eco had eco theory and eventually wood run out) and in IV I don’t think Germans become any worse. By the way that 2HC card should be something like ulhan combat or 35% SW gathering boost. 2 HCs make no difference at that point (especially considering that you want to send factories first so it comes even later in the game).

Finally in the Malaysia game Kaiser could have done better. I mean, Malaysia isn’t that great of a Sioux map because you can’t have 2 TPs which is one of Sioux perks. But here Mitoe didn’t take a TP. Also the problem with sending stuff like 6 cetans+WH is that you can’t punish French anyway evne if your combo is better at that point. At least not with this card order. Also sacrifing 700g was big here because it costed some age up time + more difficult to get gold later in the game.
A better build is probably 4axe 5v etc. while making BR after scouting rax+stable. That way 4axe+5BR take care of 5 musks 5 huss (and you 100% don’t lose a single vill like it happened in this game). Alternatively 5BR hold pressure in base while 4axe raid, giving Sioux the initiative. Initiative means that you don’t need a WH that soon, so no vills on wood and no 6 cetans either because French push is delayed. Should add cetans only if 100% sure French is going to push Sioux TC with enough scary army. Not to mention now Sioux can probably blindly hold with pure cav because of 6 teepees. Aging with only worthy units is obviously much better than aging with lot of resources sunk on useless cetans.
I’d say it was mostly a BO loss plus that one vill at the beginning of colonial, from there I think both played pretty much up to each civ potential.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:In the Tibet game Kaiser chose a build that gets countered by 9 pikes semi. He needed atleast 10 cav so that those 9 pikes are pinned in base. Someone else suggested musk semi, which might also work, perhaps with musk/cuir/skirm/cannon into standard skirm/goon/cuir. Key point is that French must keep momentum to control the flow of the game with the stagecoach providing the eco edge. Clearly paying for that and gifting 1 TP isn’t great deal. Also because of 5 huss only China was able to push back for map in early fortress.
Then at the big battle it was just China being China. Simply too much stuff from China and also the classic “cannons to protect get you rekt” by mass pike+cav combo. Can’t really blame pathing (should have dragboxed those goons behind skirms if anything), simply though MU for French, especially on Tibet.

I actually knew that he would ship 9 pikes but I just forgot to make more stuff in colo. I initially intended to mix a rax directly from my 700w first to get 5 musks out, instead of the 3rd tp. This way I would have been able to easily defend the tp line and be in a better spot. I was fine anyway, I still had one more TP stagecoached, killed a few villagers, and took a good trade in my base. I just didn't hit and run enough with goons and they also randomly walked in his mass of melee units so I lost.

Garja wrote:In the Fertile Crescent game I’m surprised by Mitoe’s build given that we practiced that MU so many times. 4 sowar was useless after he succeeded denying the foundry. Should have been 600w. Then just gurka+sowar with some raids unti India needs more anticav for the incoming huss addition. There is no way otto can outspam if it has lsot momentum. Then India combo is simply better, perhaps even adding 5-10 zambs just for dpsing down huss in a possible big fight. Otto timing doesn’t seem to work anymore because India can do this fast units build and then Otto is on jan/abus for a big window of time where sowar can just buy time raiding. Then as the game goes on India gradually outscales. On top of that both jan abus are nerfed which is big.
The age up was risky to say the least. Suddendly Mitoe has no map (no mines where to get coin from) and also inevitably loses a couple vills. Urumi were useless. That said he probably could have still won since trades went not so bad. Dunno why no disciplined gurka with all that income available (in the worst case just skip vills for a moment and trade food for gold). Premature resign indeed.

Here I just lost a vil cause I wasn't paying attention, and I panicked and dropped my foundry forward instead of in base, even if I knew he was actually rushing me. Could have also shipped 5 jans directly instead of 700g, and would have held the rush just fine. I just failed to adapt there, and it was really tough to come back from that afterwards. Then yeah him not having vet gurkhas and then resigning early was bad.

Garja wrote:Florida game was just Sioux being Sioux. Even with imo a suboptimal build which doesn’t play by Sioux’s strengths to full extent (no 2 TP, no exploiting free 200 pop). Not that Kaiser build was bad or anything (actually was a rather solid build) but it wasn’t as forcing as it can be.

The build was fine, the problem is just that I overchopped wood during transition, and had like 200w I couldn't spend. 700w is supposed to be roughly warhut + vet axe + vet br. Then I just left half my army spread on the map because I didn't set rally points to his base. But didn't matter because he went too greedy.

Garja wrote:In the Mendocino game you can tell Kaiser was quite concerned at every point. Mitoe forward vill faint forced a wall+gate plus rax naked FF. Then first card was 3WW because of no colonial ulhans to protect skirms, which is also suboptimal. Kaiser also unfortunately didn’t have vision over the top right mine of Mitoe so he didn’t know he was gathering there. And then sieging the wonder was kind of a waste of time even if it grants some XP.
I don’t think Mitoe build’s really work vs a solid standard German ulhan semi.

I did waste a bit of wood on that wall and overchopped because I was going to make a rax and xbows. Instead of that, I could have just got the standard 125w, get steel traps and a second tp, and do the same build with 30s faster age up cause I wouldn't gather for bows. I also cancelled 8 skirms half way for 3 ww because 8 skirms was just too risky. All this together means I could have been in Mitoe's base basically 40 seconds earlier, with my 3 ww and some skirms. Everything would be much better then, I would probably even be able to ship 1000w cause I would have done more damage, and get a full TP line. Or just keep pressuring and maybe win.
Uhlan semi against zambs would make no sense though. I think naked ff is the way to go in this case.

Garja wrote:In the Iowa game Kaiser always had more units but chokes really screwed his pathing in every single battle. This is why I don’t like that map, there is simply very little playable area and walls are easy to abuse.
After all those lost chances to finish the game Kaiser was arguably still winning in the late game (or they were even at least) but he decided to go IV at 160/200 pop which is obviously a mistake. Should have reached 200/200 first just to be 100% sure he couldn’t be punished and then decide whether to age or not. He wasn’t even maxed on vills yet and also had 1k gold still available as next card just in case he still wanted to age up.
Imo he was in a good position up to that point (his eco had eco theory and eventually wood run out) and in IV I don’t think Germans become any worse. By the way that 2HC card should be something like ulhan combat or 35% SW gathering boost. 2 HCs make no difference at that point (especially considering that you want to send factories first so it comes even later in the game).

This pathing made me sick, the game should have been won so early. Germany able to hold 3 tps stagecoach without training units, while brits made like 15 musketeers and delayed his age up, should be auto win. But my uhlans just wouldn't fight. It wasn't lagging at all, but was looking like a lag issue, like in treaty, where melee units just stop moving and stay idle. Usually when there's pathing issues, the units at least try to move... Was really weird and infuriating, cost me the game. I did make the mistake to age up to industrial instead of mixing some ww. Wws are actually good with the 3 upgrades scaling off fortress stats, as well as the 2 training time upgrades from nat posts.
But honestly the game shouldn't ever have streched so far.

Garja wrote:Finally in the Malaysia game Kaiser could have done better. I mean, Malaysia isn’t that great of a Sioux map because you can’t have 2 TPs which is one of Sioux perks. But here Mitoe didn’t take a TP. Also the problem with sending stuff like 6 cetans+WH is that you can’t punish French anyway evne if your combo is better at that point. At least not with this card order. Also sacrifing 700g was big here because it costed some age up time + more difficult to get gold later in the game.
A better build is probably 4axe 5v etc. while making BR after scouting rax+stable. That way 4axe+5BR take care of 5 musks 5 huss (and you 100% don’t lose a single vill like it happened in this game). Alternatively 5BR hold pressure in base while 4axe raid, giving Sioux the initiative. Initiative means that you don’t need a WH that soon, so no vills on wood and no 6 cetans either because French push is delayed. Should add cetans only if 100% sure French is going to push Sioux TC with enough scary army. Not to mention now Sioux can probably blindly hold with pure cav because of 6 teepees. Aging with only worthy units is obviously much better than aging with lot of resources sunk on useless cetans.
I’d say it was mostly a BO loss plus that one vill at the beginning of colonial, from there I think both played pretty much up to each civ potential.

Mitoe going for no tp and stable + rax start was gg already. I honestly shouldn't be able to lose from that point. But I assumed he would timing push me like he usually does, and randomly tried to push with cetans. I just overreacted to his 3 military buildings. Then I saw his age up 1 min after he actually aged, which means I lost my base cause on top of the 1 min delay I also couldn't send 700g to age.
But still should have won the last fight, if only I made a firepit for war dance and killed the fight, I think I was favoured with so many cav combat dogs/BR and a decent mass of wakinas that could have been in stagger mode.

Overall a pretty bad performance for me. I don't think Mitoe played as well as he could in some games, but overall he played closer to his level than I did. I made some big mistakes reminding me of my first tourneys.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Kaiserklein wrote:I just didn't deserve to win, didn't practice enough, and didn't learn the new good civs. The only mu where I had a plan was ger mirror and you didn't even play ger the whole series.
GGs anyway, was close games mostly. And gl for finals

Only if you trust yourself, believe that you can beat anyone else, can you finally become a real top player. Don't act like Luke Skywalker in sw8 anyway.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Game 2 summed up: