No Flag andypierce
Crossbow
Game: AoE Online

22 Jan 2018, 20:57

Feel free to discuss anything related to betting here. Further betting updates will be posted in this thread, and all participants will be tagged in them. So if you're a better, keep an eye on your notifications in the top right.

My strategy: Betting on the underdogs, making some big wins here and there but eventually losing it all like I always do :sad:

No Flag andypierce
Crossbow

22 Jan 2018, 21:44

Israel Adne
Musketeer

22 Jan 2018, 22:08

I personally think the sheet that Andypierce created looks very beautiful, well done!
Portugal Madlib
Crossbow

23 Jan 2018, 21:20

#420 bets 4LIFE
Israel Adne
Musketeer

23 Jan 2018, 23:54

:)
Austria UoPoko
Crossbow

24 Jan 2018, 15:52

@andypierce , after I filled out my sheet today at 2pm my time (8am your time), when I looked for information on these matchups I found that the result for the game ChronoJJ vs Eaglemut had already been posted at 10 am my time (4 am your time).

Maybe it would help if the players of the matches in the betting sheet could send you the time they will play so you can close the betting on these matches in advance. I did not take any benifit on this finding(as I said, I found out afterwards), but the possibilty of someone taking advantage should be considered.
No Flag andypierce
Crossbow

24 Jan 2018, 20:28

yeah, I am supposed to be closing betting on matches before they are played. it is not really clear to me how I am supposed to do that magically. however, I have the ability to undo any bets that come too late. anyway, I am closing the matches as I see that they are going to be played. (my match, for instance, looks like wont be played until this weekend, so I can leave it open. for the record, I am obviously not betting on that one myself.)
Austria UoPoko
Crossbow

24 Jan 2018, 20:44

That wasn't meant as a critque, just an observation. Maybe after the participants of a match that had been selected for the betting, they could inform you when they plan to play. Or the results wont be published till the matches are closed. Honestly, I have no clue how to handle it ...
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer

26 Jan 2018, 23:07

@andypierce Can you update the points plz :))
Austria UoPoko
Crossbow

28 Jan 2018, 07:12

@andypierce : I think there is a check missing in the sheet that you can not bet more points than you own:
It is not a problem with the overview as these points have been entered:
Any way to fix this? Thanks for your time, you are doing an awesome job! :flowers:
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer

28 Jan 2018, 10:52

@Goodspeed how do you fix the problem when you bet more than the points like I did. Becuz i can bet as if i won previos match and can use that as my points but in this case i lost the bet. And just for the record it feels like you dont check the time players changes the bet @andypierce. Make sure the changes gets canceld
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

28 Jan 2018, 14:51

Youre not supposed to bet under the assumption that you will win. I havent built a check like that into the system because people are trustworthy in general. I occasionally manually check for "overbets" in events that I run @andypierce you can check column B in the admin sheet for that. Negative numbers are highlighted.
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer

28 Jan 2018, 16:18

Goodspeed wrote:Youre not supposed to bet under the assumption that you will win. I havent built a check like that into the system because people are trustworthy in general. I occasionally manually check for "overbets" in events that I run @andypierce you can check column B in the admin sheet for that. Negative numbers are highlighted.

So how is my bet solved then?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

28 Jan 2018, 18:07

It went through because there is no such check in the system. You actually can bet more points than you have, the system doesn't care.
So please don't ;) Just means it's more work for the admin.
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer

28 Jan 2018, 18:25

Goodspeed wrote:It went through because there is no such check in the system. You actually can bet more points than you have, the system doesn't care.
So please don't ;) Just means it's more work for the admin.

I diden't know ofc, my fault

Could you or @andypierce restore my points and fix my betsheet then plz :))
No Flag andypierce
Crossbow

29 Jan 2018, 02:22

I effed up the thing earlier. Goodspeed fixed it. Sorry.

At any rate, Round 2 betting is now open!

No Flag andypierce
Crossbow

29 Jan 2018, 02:28

Canada Eaglry
Musketeer
Donator 01
ESO: Eaglry

29 Jan 2018, 16:38

@andypierce , I think the match between Zerton and Cure may be a better betting match compared to mine and Eery's!
I can't even beat @Oranges.... How am I to go toe to toe with the defending runner up?!
Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions :biggrin:
- Robin Hood, Russell Crowe
United States of America giveuanxiety
AoE:O Team
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

29 Jan 2018, 22:18

If you are playing in a match that is a betting match. You are allowed to bet on yourself but you can only bet on you winning it 3-0.
Follow my stream @ twitch.tv/giveuanxiety
Portugal Madlib
Crossbow

29 Jan 2018, 23:46

please do warn before closing the bets on this matches.
No Flag andypierce
Crossbow

01 Feb 2018, 01:41

I plan to close them all tomorrow.
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer

01 Feb 2018, 09:06

andypierce wrote:I plan to close them all tomorrow.

Why not closed them one by one after a match?
Austria UoPoko
Crossbow

01 Feb 2018, 18:39

@andypierce as of the still open ones only match 3 will take place today, maybe you can leave open matches 1, 2 and 4 another day? All these will take place either Saturday or Sunday GMT. So those that put points in match 3 will have the chance to also bet on any of the following matches. Also it would be great if you could incorporate the result of match 3 tomorrow so the points get released and can be set again.
Portugal Madlib
Crossbow

01 Feb 2018, 18:40

pls close one by one only..
Portugal Madlib
Crossbow

01 Feb 2018, 18:42

Also, pls post before closing, i wanted to bet on GUA vs Mecha but its closed already...

Forum Info

Return to “Information & Discussion”