Post by tedere12 »

it was a good series, although 4 iron flails on game 3 gave me aids
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Jerom_ vs LoOk_tOm

Post by momuuu »

I wanted to say some things about game 2:

I didn't really like the match up, but I'm actually quite capable of beating dutch with standard port play. For some reason though, I decided to go early TP and xbow rush. I figured Look would not understand dutch and play it way too greedy, thinking that Dutch can just go greedy either way. In that case, xbow pike would probably have worked even though my build order was still shit. But, I underestimated Tom's ability to adapt, and reflecting on it I also overestimated his micro abilities as was microing well enough compared to him to just win the standard game.

My deck was extremely bad, like kaiser pointed out. At first, I was making a deck for ottoman where you don't actually need lategame, and then look switched to dutch last moment. When trying to make my new deck I just made a bad deck, period. There's not really an excuse for that, it was a game losing deck. Look had an even worse deck though to be honest, and that lost him that game.

The pressure went poorly so I tried to age up and count on the fact that I'd be able to get to 99 villagers and outeco and maybe just get the better fights. That latter part went okay, once the mams came out I started the fight nicely with culverins on the falcs and mams doing well. The problem was that I had lost my stable earlier so I couldn't make enough goons, and look did a hussar switch. I felt I had to push to save my town center, and fortunately his hussar switch was slightly late, but it did come in and push me back and then he did kill my town center. After the stradiots came in and killed almost all my stuff I felt like I was almost dead, but I still had a competitive army and the map so I played on. I think throughout the game I felt way more behind than I really was, causing me to take some risks. I felt like I needed to have many great fights in a row and jumped the gun a bit on every engagement possible. It turned out I was fine in terms of eco and my army wasnt much smaller. I think if I was a bit more patient I could at some point have taken a much better fight. The key mistake was probably when I did the double mm pop onto toms army, as that didnt really go well. Had I just made culvs, remade my goons a bit and then waited for the mams I couldve crushed tom sieging my third TC.

My resources were running low, and even though I had taken a few decent fights I had lost some fights after that (primarily due to the stable dying and look forcing me to fight basically, I don't think I made terrible decisions there except of course the opening build order). Dutch is so vastly favored when switching to mills and plantations that I was scared, and the hunts were already out. I realized there was still quite a bit of save gold mines for me, so as a hail mary I threw down a saloon. To be frank, I got really lucky that there were stradiots (good cav unit) in there, as I think I'd have lost with any other option, but I also think that the decision to throw down that saloon saved the game for me. Without those stradiots, I would have lost for sure.

The stradiots helped me get a push going and good trades and got me pretty far ahead in military pop. At the time, I felt really behind (the failure of the early game still lingered in my mind and look had a great score) so I didn't dare to push in. I didn't get enough done probably, and I had to fully transition to plantations and mills. That transition was of course painful for me, and I think look tom got back into it and might have been favored. A bunch of trades that went okay for me followed, although I think I was tanking a bit too much with goons and trying to protect my organ guns too much. Those organ guns just should've been hussars anyways I think. The fights did thin out his ruyter count and finally a good push with my own hussars managed to clean Tom up.

I considered aging, but I was barely keeping up in army count so I felt like I couldn't age. I don't think that was the wrong decision, as look was still keeping up the pressure. I did have good age 4 shipments (bad deck, again) but it just didn't feel save. I figured I'd try to continue outmicroing tom and taking better trades, instead of throwing the game due to aging when I couldn't. Maybe I could have invested in a bunch of walls and then aged, but then dutch could've followed up and he would've gotten the stadhouders too.

Anyways, Tom then messes up quite a bit with my hussars in his base (like kaiser pointed out, he should've made hussars instead of ruyters) and I get into his eco. It was a really close game, but I was happy to win on my first pick. In the 3rd game I think I showed how advantageous it can be to be allowed to counter pick.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

damn, that summary got me all excited, where can I buy your book?
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

look lost this?
omg
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kickass_OP wrote:look lost this?
omg

why would you have expected anything else!? look tom is 1st lt. jeruma is like major.
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer

Post by Kickass_OP »

umeu wrote:
omg

why would you have expected anything else!? look tom is 1st lt. jeruma is like major.

Jerom play only dutch.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Kickass_OP wrote:
umeu wrote:
omg

Jerom play only dutch.

and u only frensh mosk cavs or skin gon cruser
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

[spoiler=Cruiser]http://www.smartage.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/4-14.jpg[/spoiler]
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Gg's!
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Kickass_OP wrote:
umeu wrote:
omg

Jerom play only dutch.

This myth is so beneficial for me. People stare themselves blind on my dutch while I can in fact play many match ups at a competitive level.
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer

Post by Kickass_OP »

This really surprises me.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Kickass_OP wrote:This really surprises me.

not as much as your 3 kavs surprise your enemy