Newest Edition of ESOC Patch Coming Soon!

United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Re: Newest Edition of ESOC Patch Coming Soon!

Post by Darwin_ »

@everyone
I am sorry for how rude I was to the patch team and my general disrespect associated with this new patch release. I was hoping that I could just express some of the grievances I and many of the people I play with have with the EP, but I just ended up sounding like a dick.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but these changes look very solid to me. I don't see any nerf which is over the top. Genitours nerf is hardly a team game change though, it's a good change for 1v1 too, imo. The same thing can be said about Japan's "Way of the bow" card, because Yumi were already a very excellent unit with upgrades stacked to them. Now they'll be a bit easier to deal with by being more fragile.

Uhlans dying in one less hit to hussars is a very significant buff to Germany against European civs, I like it.

Sioux changes are a very cool concept, they remind me of India's Karni Mata. I haven't played Sioux nor met a lot of Sioux players though.

I'm surprised at the Russian change but maybe it's necessary at a higher level. I wouldn't know, but Russia on RE don't feel too bad.

Ports looks like they got slightly more expensive villagers, why not?

Overall this patch looks like a blast. Awesome. Thank you guys so much for all the effort put into this.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

They should've added small buff to compensate Russia's vill batch price reversal. For example further buff age 3 unit shipments. 6-7 coss first comes in mind.....
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I'm pretty sure it was sarcastic.

If you guys don't like it tell me I will surely remove that signature.
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Though I wouldn't say it's a balance patch per se.
Who should know game mechanics best if not the best players?

Who said nobody knows everything? Isn't that you? Adding features is good(for example ESOC patch gives new maps to play with) but who are you to remove something(removing cards and their original effect to your own will)?

No, you don't have to remove it, ede just sarcastically commented on your attitude towards other mods.
I'm not claiming the patch team knows everything, though given their skill and knowledge I think they're the best judges we can afford.

fightinfrenchman wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Why are they OP?

For a more in-depth answer ask the patch team, who actually made the change.

I'm asking about your opinion :hmm:
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Kaiserklein wrote:Also I have a question : does the aura affect vils on their base gathering stats, or on their current gathering stats ? Because if it stacks (like the HP aura does) with market/hc upgrades, it's even more broken.

Money question right here. Can ESOC devs talk to us about this? It should be base gathering, I would guess. But I'm not sure.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

pecelot wrote:I'm asking about your opinion :hmm:

I don't really have time to get into it I just agree with the patch team :uglylol:
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

I don't really have time to get into it I just agree with the patch team :uglylol:

Ya know when I read your posts it kind of looks like you're just trying to get under people's skin. :P

I don't know that you'd do it on purpose but the tone and content of your posts, especially towards mods, has always felt like that.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

kami_ryu wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Ya know when I read your posts it kind of looks like you're just trying to get under people's skin. :P

I don't know that you'd do it on purpose but the tone and content of your posts, especially towards mods, has always felt like that.

I was just agreeing with a change and then he started interrogating me about it
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

pecelot wrote:No, you don't have to remove it, ede just sarcastically commented on your attitude towards other mods.
I'm not claiming the patch team knows everything, though given their skill and knowledge I think they're the best judges we can afford.

Okay, keep up the good work, it's just my own personal opinion to modify the game as less as possible.
BTW can you please upload ESOC maps separately at Heaven Games or here? I would love to play them. I am sure many others would also like them. :chinese:
If you ever need some art related help let me know. :smile:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Good work to the team and to @Goodspeed. I hope the changes they have done, are sufficient so we can see ALL civs being played next tournament.
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:
Jerom wrote:The way of the bow nerf is pretty significant in 1v1 pecelot.

Aren't yumi a bit over the top anyways? :hmm:

Well yeah, but japan early game is also really weak.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

And France/Germany gonna rape russia 100-0 again. Ahah
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Jerom wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Jerom wrote:The way of the bow nerf is pretty significant in 1v1 pecelot.

Aren't yumi a bit over the top anyways? :hmm:

Well yeah, but japan early game is also really weak.

Change affects yumi card in age 3, where Japan is pretty strong.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Yes I know that. Whats the point you're making?

If you're nerfing something that is too strong for a civ that is balanced around having that thing that is too strong then shouldn't you compensate for that nerf? Japan is too weak in the early game but it's sorta fine because they're too strong in the lategame.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

@momuuu

I tend to agree. Japan needs small buff. Some ppl suggested small shrine hp buff so they could survive sieges longer. Maybe its a good idea...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Mitoe wrote:
rsy wrote:
Jerom wrote:Im upset about the changes to dutch to the degree that I failed to read any other changes.

It's a difference of 15VS. Maybe u shouldn't be so whiny? :hmm:

Nevertheless awesome changes overall. I feel Sioux might just be top civ now!

The reason the cheaper wood cost was such a good change for Dutch was because you could get so much more out of your wood crates than before. Now I'm just sad :( Should've just made bank limit 4 instead of 5.

But now you will just be able to transfer more vills from food to wood. You won't have more wood from crates anymore, but you will just have 100-150 wood from vills gathering it instead.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The way of the bow change is bad. While it stems from the correct observation that japan's units are too good, it's the complete wrong change. The card itself is now awful. I know tons of people are gonna be talking about "blah blah blah you need it so that yumi can have the same range as skirms blah blah blah" thats bullshit. Many civs don't have 20 range skirm units and are still fine. It's like the bow card for brit except it gives half the range and doesn't unlock the rest of the tech tree. It's not even a card you often send as jap, even in games that go to age 3 or age 4. It maybe gets send in 1/15 1v1 games. Team is another matter but japan has so many good options anyway (including yumi still) that it doesn't matter. It's not like someone would send way of the bow and you'd be like "Oh he sent way of the bow that's gg". Anyway yumi are good cause of their high dps and no animation, not their hp. It's like taking away the hp part of cav combat to try to nerf uhlans lol. Nerf the golden pavilion instead imo. That way it'll give a slight nerf to all their OP units instead of a largely irrelevant nerf to one of their op units.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

BrookG wrote:@pecelot Tbh it was rather offensive. However, the game isn't only for PR35+, it affects all the players in the community. All would like to have an equal stand at winning an opponent with the same PR.

But I also think these balance changes dont matter almost at all for below PR25, and matter very very little for PR25-35
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

bwinner1 wrote:Great job !
I will critisize the citisicm :
Dutch nerf won't have a such big effect, it' exactly the same as if they had increase the cost from 300w/350f to 308w/350f, in vs which won't change anything seriously... you build like 2/3 bank per game (not considering the wagon), so that's ridiculous to think this is an harsh change.

This. You just have to adjust your macro so the extra wood you get is from vills, not crates, and you're fine.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

I hope these changes are not set in stone till next version. Some small adjustments could be made in the meantime if some changes prove to be too strong or weak.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Japan, nerfed again..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

@DaRkNiTe1698 , how was Japan nerfed before? :hmm:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:I never like such balancing patches made by individuals like fan patch, ESOC patch, improvement mod, enhancement mod. They unbalance the game and actually take the fun out of game instead of making it better. Why don't you understand, the game must have been made by team of hundreds of people and they have already worked hard to make it balanced. Why do you guys need to make your individual balancing?

Why would you trust a bunch of people who had played the game maybe a few months, and who put Otto and Russia as the hardest civs to play in the AOE3 manual, to balance the game better than pros who have been playing for 5-10 years?
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Please guys, before comentating a lot about the changes, let's try it first. This game is so complicated and you can not even know what is going the result without testing ig. -5% to uhlan hitpoints changed so much things for instance, so please don't make any conclusion so fast.

bwinner1 wrote:For people who were askibg who do the patch : mainly diarouga

No, Goodspeed is the one who is responsible of the patch changes. A lot of current changes were done before diarouga came in btw. Agree though that he helped a lot.

I try to release the update as soon as possible, I got some trouble with it right now.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Rikikipu wrote:Please guys, before comentating a lot about the changes, let's try it first. This game is so complicated and you can not even know what is going the result without testing ig. -5% to uhlan hitpoints changed so much things for instance, so please don't make any conclusion so fast.

bwinner1 wrote:For people who were askibg who do the patch : mainly diarouga

No, Goodspeed is the one who is responsible of the patch changes. A lot of current changes were done before diarouga came in btw. Agree though that he helped a lot.

I try to release the update as soon as possible, I got some trouble with it right now.

Goodspeed retired from esoc team right?

Also, are these final changes, or is there small chance that you could change thing or two before tourney starts?