grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Re: New Maps! New EP!

Post by Asateo »

Just a minor thing, I'm looking at the complete patch notes list (compared to RE) and it says uhlan hp down from 190 to 185.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BU_OxBbppIg3cJ6t17_eTyMYtDf5CDyxzGlM_8d4p8k/edit#

On the homepagepost is says 180. I assume this is right? If the patch notes could be changed that would be awsome. :love: Avoiding confusion 'n all. ^_^

Hum, I'm seeing that @Indians, it says only the team urumi card was nerfed. It would be somewhat funny if the sepoy nerf was an early april joke, but I suspect the whole "patch notes compared to RE patch" has not been updated?
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@Asateo yeah, the section with combined updates from RE is not yet updated with EP4 changes.

Edited: should be fixed now, I updated all of balance, maps and bugfixes in the document.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

I'm very curious to see how water play will look like inthis new patch.

About the sepoys, I can see both sides to it. Hard to pick a side. Personally, I thought sepoys were not a problem at high level anyway, so I wouldnt touch them. I look forward to see if india is actually going to see more varied play with this change or if they just got kinda nerfed. Maybe india water play will be better now with Agra near the coast and cheaper boats?

Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

macacoalbino wrote:Maybe india water play will be better now with Agra near the coast and cheaper boats?

That aspect will be nice tbh. Maybe only ports was better than india on water before now but this could tip it.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

Thanks for the new patch! A lot of work i guess. Also thanks a lot for the new maps!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Spanish
When we see Spanish in high level games, which is rarely, they still seem to rely on early fortress aggression. In order to give them more economic options we have (along with the TC cost buff) decided to add a new unique shipment with a clear focus on long-term play. Spanish early fortress aggression is unchanged, and therefore still an option.

- "Spanish Gold" shipment effect replaced with: "Grants 400 coin with every shipment starting with this one." Availability changed from Industrial to Fortress Age.

realistically doesn't this mean that if this shipment is actually good then spain becomes another skirm goon civ and if it's not its a useless change?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I still remember the times when all we wanted was good Maps and the EP team chose not to hassle with the actual design this hard... Spanish gold and 500w TC. Yeah whatever. And hardcore HI nerf. The vanepatch doesn't sound that bad idea honestly.

VP>GP
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Maybe we should make an actual community patch? I wish I had the technical know how of making maps and modding the game.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

d̦̹̟́ͣ͊ͣ͠i̘̻̪ͬ̊ͫͣs͔̮͈̱͆ŝ̨͎͚͙̏ͬͤ̇ͅͅę͚̣̫͚̣͙̉̀͆ͩͅn̾̌̽̑͝ͅt̜̺̫̘ ̬͐̆̾͊a̠͖̪͈͉̹͑̎̀̔̋̆ͅn̡͖̊̆̊ͮ̔̈ḓ̛͂̒͌ͤͧ͊̈ ͤͫ̓d̆̐͏̙͔͙e͉͖̰͉͈̗̞̍̔͂f́͋̏ͤ͒̈eͧ̽̑͗c͓̲͎̲̉͛̔̎t̢̯̪̥̲̺̘̤̋ͤ
d͈̞̝̥͗ͩ̀̿͛i̷̭͚͈͂͂̕ͅs̶͖̳͚̠͙̞ͨͪ͑̍͛͠ͅs͎̣̓͌̆̈̾͒͘͟e̦̺̤͊ͭͤ͗̅͌̌ͨǹ̷̸̯̳̯̞̳̚̚t̵̡̥̝̳ͮ̍ͬ͆͋ͮ ̷̨̨̪̞̓̒ͤ̐͆a͍̣͖͓̯̟̬̟ͭn̷̮̯͓͈̫̳̙̽̃ͮ̓̍̏̀̂̕ͅdͧ̾̀͝҉̰͝ ̞̺̠̤̬̭̪̪̆͛ͥ͒ͥ̽́͘d̢̧̽̊҉̳̜̹̙̫̲e̗̣̮̘͈̟̞̣ͥ̓̏ͣ̂́ͤ̅͡f͚̗̻̟̅ͪ̾͛̉͢ḙ̶̰̤͐̎ͯͪc̱̮̺̋́ͤ̽̆ͦͥ͆t̞̻͈͓̳̗͂ͤ

ḋ̶̵̲̯̺̮̱͚͇̗̖̙͑ͦ̓͒͌ͯ͊ͧͫ͑ͬ̈͂͌ͯ̓͘͞į̢͓͓͔̩̲̇ͪ̒ͥ̈ͩ̿̎̿ͭͫ͛̄͟͡sͦͤ̄̓͒͊̔ͩ̀̇͊͐̆̄҉͇͚̲̭̝͚̖̠͖̲̫̭͢s̢͚̻̬͙̞̠͚͔̖̪̟̯͙̯̝̹̜̝ͬͬ̈́̍͌͆͆͗ͮͬ̇̍̊ͅẽͬ̎ͣͧ͊̓҉̨̧͖̬̪̩̯͉͕̬̙̦͝ǹ̷̡̘͕̫̠͕͔̩̞̙͎̟̦̬̳̰̞͕̼̉̏̆̈͘͟t̛̞͔̜̲̦̜̙̥̪̞̣͎̜̟̱̯ͨͨ͗̌̃ͮ͋ͭ́͟ͅ ̡̛̽́͗̑̀̈̉ͬ̏͆̾͞͏̗͇̥̣͓̲̝̝̱̗̕ą̶̛̹̣̗̣̩̯̽̽̎̋̉͋̓ͭ͞n̢̠̯̤̪͎ͤ́ͧ̎̓͊̀̓̑̿̽̍͂́͜d̶̸̶̹̟̝͉̖͉͚̞͙̿ͩ̈́ͩͭ̉̎ͮͬͯ̅ͧ͒̌ͭ͂͢͠ͅ ̵̷͙̞͈̺̮̹̰̄͌̅̍ͯ͌͟͜͞ͅḓ̢̫͉̰̮̫̦̭̟̦̥̥͉ͫͪ͑ͬͭ͟e̷͓͍̹̼̩̗͍̮͇̞͎̰͔̹̗̙̘̲̻͆̑͂͑ͦ̆̓ͦ͋̑̀f̨ͧ̃͒ͤͪ̉ͧ̇̒̓̈ͪ́͊̚҉̟͓̲̣͇̪̥̮̥̼̺̜eͬ͋̏͌͌͛͐ͥ͗͒̍̔͢҉̮͇̤̥̯̹̭͍c̟̼̳̗̙͔̱̗͚̩̰̟̱̝̱ͦ͐ͦ̊͋ͪ̃ͪ̈́͟͡t̡͉̟̯̯̙̤̭̳͚͔̎̇ͫ͋͢
̡̭͖͎̥̒͌͆ͭ̏̓͆͊ͧ̽͑͟
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Jerom wrote:I wish I had the technical know how of making maps and modding the game.
Wishing is for plebs. You can make it happen!
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I'd have to find someone that would want to assist me.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

On the 500w TC change: how useless is that ? :lol:
Like -100w is not like making any difference whatsoever in practice, yet changing the game more from the official patch. Could have saved at least that one.
Image Image Image
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Jerom wrote:
Spanish
When we see Spanish in high level games, which is rarely, they still seem to rely on early fortress aggression. In order to give them more economic options we have (along with the TC cost buff) decided to add a new unique shipment with a clear focus on long-term play. Spanish early fortress aggression is unchanged, and therefore still an option.

- "Spanish Gold" shipment effect replaced with: "Grants 400 coin with every shipment starting with this one." Availability changed from Industrial to Fortress Age.

realistically doesn't this mean that if this shipment is actually good then spain becomes another skirm goon civ and if it's not its a useless change?

skirm goon isnt as viable because the upgrade cards only benefit hand cav, also no skirm shipments. Spain has always been more about their heavy inf choices and heavy cav with 2 falcs mixed in
De Funk
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

So, China didn't receive planned food crate buff? Old Han cost removal is barely a buff in my opinion, because it rarely comes into play in 1v1.

Idk about most controversial India change. We will have to wait and see I guess.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Spain change is realistically usable with only one build which is eco FF. It gives a possible solution to MUs like vs Brits or semi FF civs where you can certainly reach fortress in good shape but you get outscaled pretty quickly if you don't make a move. With this change you just sit in base send the special card first in fortress and then follow up either with 1k wood for more infrastructures or just normal unit spam. Key point is you don't want to move out of your base at all, which admittedly sounds very boring.
I still don't see this change being helpful vs Asian civs who can then age themselves and just win with superior units or vs civs like Russia which will do a timing in colo and the new card is not useful.
Image Image Image
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Thanks for the mention. Image

Didn't know Durokan started scripting maps thanks to me (cheers, bruh). I know he asked me once for help with his first map and I wrote the foundation for it. But it was very basic. I think I still have lots of materials about AOE3 map scripting, if anyone's interested, I could upload these resources somewhere.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Dolan wrote:Thanks for the mention. Image

Didn't know Durokan started scripting maps thanks to me (cheers, bruh). I know he asked me once for help with his first map and I wrote the foundation for it. But it was very basic. I think I still have lots of materials about AOE3 map scripting, if anyone's interested, I could upload these resources somewhere.

If one is basically a scrub can one learn to make simple maps or edit existing ones within limited time?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It helps to know some basics about programming. Like what are variables, loops, flow control, conditional statements, what is a function and what are function parameters.

Basically if you know any language that has a C-style syntax for these basics (C++, Java, Javascript), you can pick up AOE3 scripting in a few weeks.

If you don't know much about programming, you might have to read about these first.
It takes more time until you get used to the game engine's limitations, you'll get lots of head-scratching moments because of that.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Lol Spain new card already gives 400g itself. I'd say that is too good without even testing it vs a real opponent.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Id say its too weak without even testing it vs a real opponent. think about it, 8 vills is not an OP shipment but you'll probably be better off with that.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

I also think new Spain card is situational at best. It won't be used often at all.....
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

I think the Spain change is pretty good. They always felt gold heavy cause of skirm, lancer, rod and their eco was always missing a little boost especially with the lack of quartermaster.
De Funk
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Hidddy_ wrote:I think the Spain change is pretty good. They always felt gold heavy cause of skirm, lancer, rod and their eco was always missing a little boost especially with the lack of quartermaster.

If your initial push with falcs fails, you will prob lose with or without new card. +400 c with every shipment certainly helps, but only if you send it early so it can pay for itself in due time. Spain's ff bo is very strict and I don't see much place for reworked card in it atm.....
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I think the gold change opens up options for Spain. You can send it first then send crates and go goon skirm lancer. You can send it after two falcs and move to a mid game stable rax sooner while still sending cards like 5 lancers and using the extra gold to run two buildings. Spain in fort really has no cheap way to setup a rax and stable to build units which is why the average Spain player using straight FF builds ends up with one rax making rods which struggle vs goon skirm heavy France and German. The standard ff is a waste of Spains potential in a lot of matchups. It really should be used to setup contains or do early damage vs more boomy civs to keep them in check.

I didn't come up with the change but I think the concept of it is really good. It is one change that lets you do more things with Spain (including actually training lancers with your skirms / rods).

The exact number that you get when you send the card and for each subsequent shipment is also tweakable so if the numbers are not right it can be fixed.