New Maps! New EP!

United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Re: New Maps! New EP!

Post by Darwin_ »

Can I just say that ESOC Arizona now looks really really good with the new ground texture. Probably my favorite ground texture apart from maybe the one on adirondacks.

Also, while I am sad to see Roid Wakinas die, I totally understand why the speed had to be lowered and I support it (though would've liked to have seen some other stat about them get buffed). Also, even though the sowar change is probably totally inconsequential IRL, I think I still have to thank goodspeed for at least somewhat listening to player feedback.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Darwin_ wrote:Can I just say that ESOC Arizona now looks really really good with the new ground texture. Probably my favorite ground texture apart from maybe the one on adirondacks.

Also, while I am sad to see Roid Wakinas die, I totally understand why the speed had to be lowered and I support it (though would've liked to have seen some other stat about them get buffed). Also, even though the sowar change is probably totally inconsequential IRL, I think I still have to thank goodspeed for at least somewhat listening to player feedback.
Wakina speed is still buffed. Also, the Sowar buf is slight, as intended, I'm sure.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

On wadmawalaw I have had 3 cows not spawn on the Island once, someone in twitch mentioned this as well. Is this the intention (sometimes yes or no) or a bug?

@Rikikipu
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

India got way stronger.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

lordraphael wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Its buffing a weakness to compensate for nerfing a strenght so that sowars are just cheap hussars and sepoys expensive musketeers. But I'm honestly just posting nonsense atm.

i played a bit of india and honestly im not sure if sowar buff is even needed( id say no ). FOr me india has gotten stronger and not weaker. But hey everoyne went nuts about that 10 hp nerf lol.

I think the 10 hp nerf was sensitive not because of balance implications. Id have guessed you did read the posts after giving me shit for them, but apperantly not?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Can I just say that ESOC Arizona now looks really really good with the new ground texture. Probably my favorite ground texture apart from maybe the one on adirondacks.

Wakina speed is still buffed. Also, the Sowar buf is slight, as intended, I'm sure.

I'd argue cost reduction is a surprisingly big buff, not to be underestimated! You'll basically have 6% more sowars out so that's similair to buffing their stats by 6% I suppose. It's not huge but it's actually more impactful than for example changes to the uhlan or doppelsoldner. Of course that doesn't really take awkward break even points into account.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:
zoom wrote:

I'd argue cost reduction is a surprisingly big buff, not to be underestimated! You'll basically have 6% more sowars out so that's similair to buffing their stats by 6% I suppose. It's not huge but it's actually more impactful than for example changes to the uhlan or doppelsoldner. Of course that doesn't really take awkward break even points into account.
It is a slight at best buff to the civilization as a whole – in the cases Sowars are produced in the first place. If your entire army was composed of Sowars I could call it moderate, were I feeling generous.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I should rephrase that, it's deceptively big. The hard part is that the balance changes are just a wild guess atm, makes things tough.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Intead of 20 sowars you get one more which is nothing at minute mark 6-10. Its like two treasures at that point, (as you know treasures are better in early). So i think it can be applied but i am not decent enough to know why sowar needs buff anyway.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

dicktator_ wrote:Dude that network hook is so cool.

I've been really blown away by how many games show up in the #ep-eso-activity list. Seems like always 3-4 during the weekend.

We've got more cool stuff in the works with the network hook. We soon should be able to pull all lobbies (both EP and non-EP), although probably not going to list non-EP lobbies in Discord (too many to list), probably just a ESOC web page somewhere, unless the community has strong opinions.

The other related feature I'm hoping to achieve is showing different icons for EP/TR/RE in friends list for different games. That's a bit of a stretch goal, however.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

You guys never cease to amaze. Way above and beyond what was expected when ESOC started 2 years ago, lol. It's quite incredible, really.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

musketeer925 wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:Dude that network hook is so cool.

I've been really blown away by how many games show up in the #ep-eso-activity list. Seems like always 3-4 during the weekend.

We've got more cool stuff in the works with the network hook. We soon should be able to pull all lobbies (both EP and non-EP), although probably not going to list non-EP lobbies in Discord (too many to list), probably just a ESOC web page somewhere, unless the community has strong opinions.

The other related feature I'm hoping to achieve is showing different icons for EP/TR/RE in friends list for different games. That's a bit of a stretch goal, however.

Would there be a way to show ESOC members RE games?
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Would there be a way to show ESOC members RE games?

Sure, could be done.

I also forgot to mention my more achievable goal (my guess is, next EP version) than the RE/EP icons is a setting to filter out non-EP games in the game browser when you're on EP. (annoying to dig though all the games listed as non-EP to find the EP ones).
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

musketeer925 wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:Would there be a way to show ESOC members RE games?

Sure, could be done.

I also forgot to mention my more achievable goal (my guess is, next EP version) than the RE/EP icons is a setting to filter out non-EP games in the game browser when you're on EP. (annoying to dig though all the games listed as non-EP to find the EP ones).

FE Team should higher you to integrate stuff like this into the definitive edition. There could be a client like Blizzards implementation for stuff like this. Sort of like steam.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Have to agree it is really fulfilling to see so many lobbies popping up.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:I should rephrase that, it's deceptively big. The hard part is that the balance changes are just a wild guess atm, makes things tough.
It does, but it's not as bad, because they are relatively slight.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

kami_ryu wrote:You guys never cease to amaze. Way above and beyond what was expected when ESOC started 2 years ago, lol. It's quite incredible, really.
ez4seitzmut
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

Just played a game on ESOC Wadmalaw. Get TP, send schooners and then find out, there is no water on the map. :D

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: Played the map on RE, if that matters.
Attachments
screen18.jpg
screen19.jpg
Wadmalaw, no water.png
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Madwad!

P.S. EP maps!
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Drought in Wadmalaw?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja was angry that spawn... Fear his wrath!
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Cool!! That's a feels bad moment.

Did you also not get your starting canoe? If there are game stats I'm curious if it spawns and dies or doesn't spawn at all.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

WickedCossack wrote:Drought in Wadmalaw?

More like siesmic shift, into himalays. :P

_H2O wrote:Cool!! That's a feels bad moment.

Did you also not get yoyr starting canoe?

I didn't :cry:

Funny enough on one of the 2nd screenshots (right under) you see a leftover from a water treasure.

Like fosiles: once here was sea!
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Some EP maps have new textures which is the case of wadmalaw water, which means that water doesn't spawn on RE, because RE game doesn't have this water texture.
There is a workaround to fix this issue, but not optimal
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Rikikipu wrote:Some EP maps have new textures which is the case of wadmalaw water, which means that water doesn't spawn on RE, because RE game doesn't have this water texture.
There is a workaround to fix this issue, but not optimal

Is it possible to detect in the RM script whether it's on RE or EP and then choose an appropriate texture based on that?