Announcing the ESOC Deathmatch Open!

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Announcing the ESOC Deathmatch Open!

Post by Cometk »

>>>Grand Tour Season 1 Standings<<<
The ESOC Deathmatch Open!
What:
- Single-elimination Deathmatch tournament played on ESOC Patch! Click here to view the map pool, civilization rules, and other tourney information!
- 3rd event of 8 in the ESOC Grand Tour Season 1
- Prize pool of $150 USD

When:
- Tournament will start at 15:00 GMT on Sunday, April 29th
- You can sign up using your MyESOC tab with your ESO username
- To participate in the event, you must be a member of the tournament discord and be present at the time of the event start!

Where:
- Brackets will be posted Friday night on eso-community.net, and event played Sunday, streamed live on ESOCTV and ESOCTV2!

Need help leveling up your deathmatch home cities? Here's how to level them up instantly: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=219
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: Announcing the ESOC Deathmatch Open!

Post by chris1089 »

I have a question
How is this event going to be seeded? Particularly as people don't play deathmatch on ep.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

which means people suck equally.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I've played a little deathmatch with cometk. We played like 6 games and they were getting a minute longer after each iteration. It was very fun and very hard (I mean those two things go together a lot amirite?).

I'm interested. Maybe I'll practice and sign up for this one
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

kami_ryu wrote:I've played a little deathmatch with cometk. We played like 6 games and they were getting a minute longer after each iteration. It was very fun and very hard (I mean those two things go together a lot amirite?).

I'm interested. Maybe I'll practice and sign up for this one

I've played some too but I find I think his iro timing is almost impossible to hold. I had a similar experience of lasting a few seconds longer each game too.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

kami_ryu wrote:I've played a little deathmatch with cometk.

Of course, there's no one else.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Hell yeah I'll play some.
@yemshi no there's at least a handful of us dm players
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

chris1089 wrote:I have a question
How is this event going to be seeded? Particularly as people don't play deathmatch on ep.

brackets will be made purely by my subjective opinion
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I think treaty players will rock supremacy players easily
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

reallistically this cup shouldnt have a prizepool. Or at least a very small one.If @Cometk is particiapting its literally free money for him if he isnt its still to much money for a gamemode that no one plays.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

agree with da german boy
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

lordraphael wrote:reallistically this cup shouldnt have a prizepool. Or at least a very small one.If @Cometk is particiapting its literally free money for him if he isnt its still to much money for a gamemode that no one plays.

I think cometk is donating money from his pocket for this one, and he is not going to participate but I might be wrong as well.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I don't mind cometk playing this event
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

lol that's stupid, just let him be, participate and prove himself then :roll:
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

lordraphael wrote:reallistically this cup shouldnt have a prizepool. Or at least a very small one.If @Cometk is particiapting its literally free money for him if he isnt its still to much money for a gamemode that no one plays.

i’m funding the prize pool and i’ll be admin’ing and casting rather than playing

why don’t you try your hand in the tournament and see how well you perform?

besides that, you think if I won the prize money I wouldn’t donate it right back to fund my own events? ^^

and for the record, dicktator beat me in a practice bo5. we also played another bo5 but only did 3 games, with him leading 2-1 before we stopped.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I find it quite funny that is has a prizepool - any random PR 32+ now has a chance to win.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I was so right when I said that treaty players will shit on supremacy players. Including top sup players. Unless they prepare.

I love this. I'd like to cast if I can.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

hopefully the only activ dm player takes the 150 dollar lol
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

kami_ryu wrote:I was so right when I said that treaty players will shit on supremacy players. Including top sup players. Unless they prepare.

Dicktator isn't only a treaty player though. It's just a different gamemod that both tr and sup players need to learn, but since there is much more sup players, they should be better. Btw Idk if he will play this, but @Kaiserklein had quite some victories over Cometk aswell with op Germany. I saw @Aizamk doing ok aswell un this mod that fit perfectly with his gamestyle. I hope to see both and some more top players there !
Saddly I still can't play on thé weekend tour, I hope I will have more Time for it on the future
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

bwinner1 wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:I was so right when I said that treaty players will shit on supremacy players. Including top sup players. Unless they prepare.

Btw Idk if he will play this, but @Kaiserklein had quite some victories over Cometk aswell with op Germany.

I signed up already.
Anyway, I do think that it's closer to treaty than to sup. At good DM level, it's not just about spamming units fast. It's a lot about artillery control, map control with walls/military buildings/towers, and having a good boom. Then yeah, what makes it a bit close to sup is the fact that the unit control is important since your resources are in fact very limited and that you need to both boom and fight at the same time.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Post by gryphoon94 »

Cometk wrote:

i’m funding the prize pool and i’ll be admin’ing and casting rather than playing

besides that, you think if I won the prize money I wouldn’t donate it right back to fund my own events? ^^

and for the record, dicktator beat me in a practice bo5. we also played another bo5 but only did 3 games, with him leading 2-1 before we stopped.

don't listen to the haters, youre doing amazing work. Keep it up :flowers:
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
Retired Contributor

Cometk wrote:
chris1089 wrote:I have a question

brackets will be made purely by my subjective opinion

#rigged
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Cometk wrote:

if you fund it I dont mind at all.thanks for that- I might actually play, considering that DM is very fast and i probably wont make it to the finals anyways i should be able to spare 1 or 2 hours.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Retired Contributor

lordraphael wrote:
Cometk wrote:

if you fund it I dont mind at all.thanks for that- I might actually play, considering that DM is very fast and i probably wont make it to the finals anyways i should be able to spare 1 or 2 hours.

If you fail to defend your title you lose your badge Keepo
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Cometk wrote:

Yea I don't think it'd be free anyway. There are already 4 players I'm worried about. Mongobillione, foire, H2O, kaiser, super if I'm having a bad day.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds: