Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Steam Summer Sale!

Post by pecelot »

deleted_user wrote:
MCJim wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yeah pretty much. Though I am on Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Steam, here and the official AoE forums already. That's pretty much all except Reddit. Reddit is something I don't have much experience with tbh.

But imo it's not our job to fix (tech) problems, mainly because we don't really have the knowledge for all problems. That's why we need everyone! :kinggreen:

I love Reddit.

Musketeer9529 is the moderator over at the /aoe3 subreddit but he isn't terribly active there. It would be nice to have full ESOC/Reddit integration (with a stickied post on the top of the subreddit linking this website) but that would be up to musketeer which he may not want to do.

@tilanus is a mod there as well, there's not much to administrate there to be honest, but I saw recently his activity when it was needed :!:
But yeah, it's a nice site, it's funny when you're the pro one and there are no colonels to give noobs advice xD
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

pecelot wrote:at some point in life you have to put AoE in front or real life

@AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE

do u want me to re-upload this? CAUSE BY WRITING THOSE WORDS IN THOSE ORDER PLUS TAGGING ME ALL U GET IS A REUPLOAD OF THIS.
#pointlessspamtogethigherranksinmyesocaccountcuzcrossbownotawesomeenoughwowthishashtagislong

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

hell yeah I want
thanks!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

MCJim wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well, as a media team, you should operate around other AoE3-related sites, like Twitch and Youtube, which as far as I know you already do, but also something like Reddit, Steam, official AoE forums. Get to werk, Dutchies! :coin: :coin: :coin:

Yeah pretty much. Though I am on Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Steam, here and the official AoE forums already. That's pretty much all except Reddit. Reddit is something I don't have much experience with tbh.

But imo it's not our job to fix (tech) problems, mainly because we don't really have the knowledge for all problems. That's why we need everyone! :kinggreen:

Quit yer' bitchin' and do your job! You are forced to regard working for Lord Mankl as a privilege.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

MCJim wrote:I would like to ask anyone who reads this to help answering questions from new players on Steam. We all know how fast people tend to leave when something doesn't work or when something is bugged. Based on experience, the AoE3 Steam forums will explode coming weeks, so it would be nice if we could do this together!

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/105450/discussions/0/ (you can see this link on the left sidebar too)

Yeah that happened to me and my friends didn't bought it because everyone on stream were saying ESO not working this and that...
Since now we have good stable new servers we should all post our reply there on steam so people would know everything is going SPLENDID !!!
United States of America Smyrna
Musketeer
ESO: M3RL1N_

Post by Smyrna »

Downloading now.. At Nepal speeds.. few hours to go. Looking forward to a game or two later. Most likely 1 v 1 to prevent lag. Maybe I can pull team games.. Have to wait and see.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Thanks to Yoqpasa, Noissance, Niceking, Pecelot and Eaglemut for already answering some questions and help the newer players out!
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Now somppu's brothers can get their own accounts
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

MCJim wrote:Thanks to Yoqpasa, Noissance, Niceking, Pecelot and Eaglemut for already answering some questions and help the newer players out!

Yay! I've just returned from another burst of helpfulness all over Steam and reddit.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Musketeer

Post by Smyrna »

What is the current community numbers looking like? For both Nilla and TAD if anyone knows.
Also- I wonder if the stats will be shown regarding the amount of new purchases over the sale period. I hope it is at least a few hundred.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Smyrna wrote:What is the current community numbers looking like? For both Nilla and TAD if anyone knows.
Also- I wonder if the stats will be shown regarding the amount of new purchases over the sale period. I hope it is at least a few hundred.

AoE3 on sale is like a volcano that explodes. We see it every year again, a gamebrowser that's filled with conscripts that host password protected games :?: also the steam forums kinda explode with questions. At the moment there are 3407 new accounts made in last 24h! But it's logical... Normally this game costs €37,- and now it's 80% cheaper: €7,39. The majority of the people wait for this moment and buy it.

As for the online stats:
- The majority plays on TAD. Mostly there are about 100-200 more players online on TAD than on Nilla.
- During Steam Sales we will likely reach an ESO population of 2000+.
- Normally there are about 700 - 1500 people online.
- Note that an online count of 2000 players doesn't mean that there are actually 2000 players. I guess it's more like 10.000 unique players that are playing actively on ESO.

I think you will like this link: http://www.agecommunity.com/_server_status_/
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Musketeer

Post by Smyrna »

Hey thanks, that was helpful!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

RELEASE THE PATCH
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Musketeer

Post by Smyrna »

This game has been downloading since yesterday morning. Its 98% fng done. I swear if there is an update to follow it I will trip- I just want to play a game! I keep ranting on off topic in my incessant boredom. Sunday nights at a monastery aren't exactly known for their parties..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Smyrna wrote:This game has been downloading since yesterday morning. Its 98% fng done. I swear if there is an update to follow it I will trip- I just want to play a game! I keep ranting on off topic in my incessant boredom. Sunday nights at a monastery aren't exactly known for their parties..

Whoa what's the monastery like? Why are you there? Is it cool? I've always wanted to go to one but maybe that's because I have an idealized image of them from movies.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

iNcog wrote:RELEASE THE PATCH

Which patch?
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Musketeer

Post by Smyrna »

deleted_user wrote:
Smyrna wrote:This game has been downloading since yesterday morning. Its 98% fng done. I swear if there is an update to follow it I will trip- I just want to play a game! I keep ranting on off topic in my incessant boredom. Sunday nights at a monastery aren't exactly known for their parties..

Whoa what's the monastery like? Why are you there? Is it cool? I've always wanted to go to one but maybe that's because I have an idealized image of them from movies.

Its pretty dope. Adzom International College of Buddhism. I am teaching summer English classes to little monks before I start my next work contract Aug 4th down in American Samoa.
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

pecelot wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I love Reddit.

Musketeer9529 is the moderator over at the /aoe3 subreddit but he isn't terribly active there. It would be nice to have full ESOC/Reddit integration (with a stickied post on the top of the subreddit linking this website) but that would be up to musketeer which he may not want to do.

@tilanus is a mod there as well, there's not much to administrate there to be honest, but I saw recently his activity when it was needed :!:
But yeah, it's a nice site, it's funny when you're the pro one and there are no colonels to give noobs advice xD

Yeah, I'm a mod there. The reddit already has added ESOC on the right side navigation (2nd entry at Resources). @sircallen I guess with "stickied post" you mean a link like "Buy on Steam, ELO Ladders, Steam Chat Room, Mods"? That should be easy to do. Gotta write me a reminder for this. Or did you mean something else?

It's surely a good idea to time certain reminder posts on reddit with steam sales. But actually, if there is an event here, people usually do post links on the AoE3 reddit. Seen a couple of folks here posting there. :geek:
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

Guys, I already have like 6 smurfs as far as I can count, with 2 account waiting to be activated.. Don't make me buy another few copies :( it's like a drug to me.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

Cool , maybe I will get one myself so I can smurf conscripts LMAO. I have a Question though, can you have multiple accounts on the same pc ? How does that work because I didn't think you could have 2 versions of the game installed on th esame pc.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

CelticCrusader wrote:Cool , maybe I will get one myself so I can smurf conscripts LMAO. I have a Question though, can you have multiple accounts on the same pc ? How does that work because I didn't think you could have 2 versions of the game installed on th esame pc.
You can have multiple accounts on the same PC. Creating them is a bit of a trick though. Most people reinstall the game with a new product key to create a new account, but I believe there is an easier way to do it, I just don't remember what it is.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

There used to be a tool on the Eso.com site that changed your key without reinstalling. I also think you can do it manually in the registry files.
mad cuz bad
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Btw there's still a lot of new people needing help over on Steam forums, if anyone is interested.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

gibson wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:Cool , maybe I will get one myself so I can smurf conscripts LMAO. I have a Question though, can you have multiple accounts on the same pc ? How does that work because I didn't think you could have 2 versions of the game installed on th esame pc.
You can have multiple accounts on the same PC. Creating them is a bit of a trick though. Most people reinstall the game with a new product key to create a new account, but I believe there is an easier way to do it, I just don't remember what it is.

I already have Nilla. If I bought the complete collection can I just install the expansions and still have a different product ID?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around