Smackdown report #3

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Smackdown report #3

Post by Goodspeed »

[div style="text-align:center'"][img]http://i.imgur.com/fSzZECJ.jpg[/img][/div]
And another saturday smackdown is behind us! A good one it was, as always. Samwise12 showed us another cute attempt at playing Japan (well at least he tried, right?), and King_Ownage2nd showed us he is one to look out for. He knows his builds, and he has the mechanics to keep up. Of course, there is always room for improvement and he will need to polish his play before summer. Hope to see him in the next event!

In any case it was a good series, and it definitely was not a walkover. While many people had their bets on a 4-0 Sam victory, this was never going to happen. The Wise is still behind on the current metagame and struggles to adapt to it as any player who comes back after a long period of inactivity would, but hes improving fast and as shown here as well as last time, his mechanics are still there. The solid micro, execution (of the builds he knows, anyway) and accurate decision making is still apparent in his play, and I guess the question on all of our minds is: Can he get back on top?

Thanks to Zutazuta for hosting and solo-casting the best of 7, which is an impressive feat! If you missed it, be sure to check out the VOD here.
[div style="text-align:center'"]
[/div][div style="text-align:center'"]Next week[/div][div style="text-align:center'"][/div]
But lets switch gears. Next week, Umeu is smashing his name into smackdown history and facing a player who needs no introduction, _H2O.
First of all yes, Umeu and SomppuKunkku were supposed to play after their heated discussion, but unfortunately Somppu was unable to commit to playing next saturday. I believe they will still play, and we will do our best to have the games covered, be it live or by casting the replays. Grudge matches are always fun ')

But this time its H2O stepping up to face Umeu, and who can say thats less exciting? Who doesnt want to see H2O play a best of 7 against another high level player, especially with rules that allow for some unconventional play? Of course H2O is the favourite and the question will be how many games Umeu can take rather than who is going to win the series, but who really knows? Upsets happen.

So be sure to tune in next week at here!
France benj89
Howdah

Smackdown report #3

Post by benj89 »

I hope it won't be rusty umeu vs h2o, would be sad otherwise! curious to see
those two great commentators should try to cast umeu vs somppukunkku if they can?
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Smackdown report #3

Post by deleted_user0 »

i will obviously be rusty lol.
France benj89
Howdah

Smackdown report #3

Post by benj89 »

well "too rusty" was implied
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham