THANK YOU!

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Re: THANK YOU!

Post by _H2O »

I think when you are watching a stream the point isn't to have complete information of everything down to the second and study the choices from the players perfectly.

What I expect is that the casters work together to tell a story. It's a lot like improv, they have prompts from the players in the game and it's their job to filter that large amount of information down to a story that viewers can follow and get excited about. Part of that story is the players personalities and their past performances. I would argue our best casters really understand that and they engage the whole audience in the story, even if it's not perfect down to the detail.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

@musketeer925 I understand that but on the other hand, high level players get bored if the commentaries explains how the game works (what stagecoach does, the goal of a spain ff etc), while high level commentaries also teach some things to middle level players (there are no low level players watching the stream tbh, and if they do that wouldn't change much for them).
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Diarouga wrote:@musketeer925 (there are no low level players watching the stream tbh, and if they do that wouldn't change much for them).

False. Interjection's fanbase (the youtube channel) is mostly a bunch of people who don't play the game anymore but love the game anyways. Lower leveled commentary is great for them!
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Eh, I would be considered a low level player & I watch streams/youtube videos. I appreciate it when things are dumbed down for my scrub self. :-D
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No one said it has to be a commentary aimed only at pr 35+ players though. For me a good commentary is when the caster can both teach important stuff to low/mid level players and bring some hype at the same time. And pr 35+ players are happy with this too because what the caster says is true so it's fine
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Diarouga wrote:@musketeer925 (there are no low level players watching the stream tbh, and if they do that wouldn't change much for them).

False. Interjection's fanbase (the youtube channel) is mostly a bunch of people who don't play the game anymore but love the game anyways. Lower leveled commentary is great for them!

I fall asleep to Interjections Livestreams instead of reading a book
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I dont think streams are the place to learn things anyways. Just pm diarouga and he willteach you everything you have to know.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Word on the street is that Jerom is actually the best coach right now.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I think that Interjection + Zuta/Ryan/Wicked are probably some of the best casting duos. If we had Edeholland's PoV, Ede and Chrisie would probably be just as good, just because Chrisie misses stuff sometimes.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiserklein wrote:No one said it has to be a commentary aimed only at pr 35+ players though. For me a good commentary is when the caster can both teach important stuff to low/mid level players and bring some hype at the same time. And pr 35+ players are happy with this too because what the caster says is true so it's fine

Alot of what they say is incorrect though, i know its me being picky but the little things they state as facts which are false just bug me
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah ofc when I say "teach some stuff" it's true stuff, not false
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

pls not too much caster criticism. Some you like better, some you don't. I kinda don't like non-native accents but I'm not complaining right. If it weren't the case that it's borderline impossible to find people then maybe one could be this picky but it's super hard to find anyone. Funnily enough most of the bigger criticasters haven't actually offered to do anything really.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I really hate that SirCallen caster he's boring and knows nothing about the game and also he has a weird voice.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'm the best
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:I really hate that SirCallen caster he's boring and knows nothing about the game and also he has a weird voice.

Stop fishing for compliments. Youre seriously my favorite caster after interjection.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Jerom wrote:
deleted_user wrote:I really hate that SirCallen caster he's boring and knows nothing about the game and also he has a weird voice.

Stop fishing for compliments. Youre seriously my favorite caster after interjection.

Stop making him compliments after you found out he was fishing for compliments.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Jerom wrote:

I'm a midwestern boy I know how to fish em. It's all in the bait.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I'm a midwestern boy I know how to fish em. It's all in the bait.
live bait or dead bait?
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

Jerom wrote:pls not too much caster criticism. Some you like better, some you don't. I kinda don't like non-native accents but I'm not complaining right. If it weren't the case that it's borderline impossible to find people then maybe one could be this picky but it's super hard to find anyone. Funnily enough most of the bigger criticasters haven't actually offered to do anything really.

I don't see real criticisms here, we just pointed out that some commentaries from low level players can be irrelevant or false .For example, I remember once Divinefire ( :love: ) talked about his comp stomp games in a cast lol.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Diarouga wrote:
Jerom wrote:pls not too much caster criticism. Some you like better, some you don't. I kinda don't like non-native accents but I'm not complaining right. If it weren't the case that it's borderline impossible to find people then maybe one could be this picky but it's super hard to find anyone. Funnily enough most of the bigger criticasters haven't actually offered to do anything really.

I don't see real criticisms here, we just pointed out that some commentaries from low level players can be irrelevant or false .For example, I remember once Divinefire ( :love: ) talked about his comp stomp games in a cast lol.
Divinefire was a pro player and you have no right to bash him like this!
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

gibson wrote:
Diarouga wrote:

Divinefire was a pro player and you have no right to bash him like this!

Well, it's not free bashing, I just needed an example and I didn't want to bash interjection, he does a great job and his game knowledge improved a lot over the years, eventhough it's probably not enough to cast a top player game alone.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

_H2O wrote:I think when you are watching a stream the point isn't to have complete information of everything down to the second and study the choices from the players perfectly.

What I expect is that the casters work together to tell a story. It's a lot like improv, they have prompts from the players in the game and it's their job to filter that large amount of information down to a story that viewers can follow and get excited about. Part of that story is the players personalities and their past performances. I would argue our best casters really understand that and they engage the whole audience in the story, even if it's not perfect down to the detail.

Well gotta agree with this. I prefer to listen enthusiastic but quite noob commentator than boring "pro". Interjection is quite good example.

But of course if you make constant mistakes, wrong analysises or say something what players should do "better" it's quite annoying. Casting has been good except that we have missed some games (even though we had many players online who could stream)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Was joking xD @Diarouga
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I miss Zuta, he was combining the banter, insights and basic explanations all at once! :(
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »