May 6th, 2018
User avatar
India princeofcarthage
ESOC Dev Team
Posts: 937
ESO: Sav0rybeef
Location: Milky Way!

02 May 2018, 17:51

oh my!
Fantastic Friday Showdown
Fantastic Discord : https://discord.gg/69XVRE4
Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/trgaoe3

Image

#SavetheBeef
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 5473

02 May 2018, 17:53

I noticed @Veni_Vidi_Vici_W is recently active on ESOC. Maybe he's thinking about giving erik and bsop a run for their money?
theoretically derive and empirically amend -- the one-size-fits-all approach to approaching everything
User avatar
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
Posts: 136
ESO: GRYPHOON

02 May 2018, 18:14

BlackStar_OP wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
koenigerik1 wrote:Player 1: snowww
Player 2: EDF_Apocalypse

Can you please sign up and @BlackStar_OP confirm your sign up please


Hi,i confirm !

Looks like we have a challenge, @Kickass_OP
Re: a nooby teammate on GoonGoon's 3v3 team
"[It's not his fault that] he doesn't have the capacity to understand that he's a noob" - GoonGoon
Romania BlackStar_OP
Crossbow
ESOC Spring 2017Donator 01
Posts: 48
ESO: BlackStar_OP

02 May 2018, 18:17

BlackStar_OP wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
koenigerik1 wrote:Player 1: snowww
Player 2: EDF_Apocalypse

Can you please sign up and @BlackStar_OP confirm your sign up please


Hi,i confirm !

Sorry,i thought its on saturday. Didnt read anything ,just heard from erik . So im not in,cant play sunday sadly...
User avatar
India princeofcarthage
ESOC Dev Team
Posts: 937
ESO: Sav0rybeef
Location: Milky Way!

02 May 2018, 18:22

XD
Fantastic Friday Showdown
Fantastic Discord : https://discord.gg/69XVRE4
Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/trgaoe3

Image

#SavetheBeef
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 5473

02 May 2018, 18:48

CHANGE TO SAT
theoretically derive and empirically amend -- the one-size-fits-all approach to approaching everything
User avatar
United States of America dicktator_
Lancer
EWT
Posts: 827

02 May 2018, 19:01

SirCallen wrote:CHANGE TO SAT

Honestly. Two top players (aiz and bsop) that can't play if it's on Sunday.
Brazil jesus3
Howdah
Posts: 1000

02 May 2018, 19:04

Yeah theres ONE condition for callen and me to not withdraw - change to sat!


additionally youd get blackstar and aiz
User avatar
Germany Makrokosmos12
Crossbow
Posts: 36
ESO: Templer12

02 May 2018, 21:28

Change to Saturday plz! :maniac: :pop:
Belgium stanleywinston
Skirmisher
Donator 01
Posts: 144
ESO: Stanley_Winston
Location: Belgium

03 May 2018, 02:08

Player 1: Ward_V
Player 2: Knuschelbär
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1356
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

03 May 2018, 05:42

i still dont see me and butifle listed? can u just tell me if wereallowed to play or not now? im not gona wait untill sunday to find out im not allowed to play.
''its is iamsucksturk'' - Kickass_op
''no you're trash you wouldnt beat me'' - Kaiserklein
"Not my fault everyone is a idiot" - Sir_Musket
"how do you say first lt in serbian" - outta_key_
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 5473

03 May 2018, 05:43

sebnan12 wrote:i still dont see me and butifle listed? can u just tell me if wereallowed to play or not now? im not gona wait untill sunday to find out im not allowed to play.

Butifle was banned from esoc tournaments for a time for smurfing for sirmusket in 2nd chance. I think most people forgot.
theoretically derive and empirically amend -- the one-size-fits-all approach to approaching everything
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1356
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

03 May 2018, 05:46

SirCallen wrote:
sebnan12 wrote:i still dont see me and butifle listed? can u just tell me if wereallowed to play or not now? im not gona wait untill sunday to find out im not allowed to play.

Butifle was banned from esoc tournaments for a time for smurfing for sirmusket in 2nd chance. I think most people forgot.

yes and ryan forfeited in a semi finals which had a price money, yet there was no debating about him at all in a tournament. just because he didnt play dm tourney last sec doesnt change the fact he was being seeded. butifle also apologized and improved hardly since then. i dont see how that ban could be serious anymore given the fact that u also dont let me play the tournament since its obvious i would only play with him.
''its is iamsucksturk'' - Kickass_op
''no you're trash you wouldnt beat me'' - Kaiserklein
"Not my fault everyone is a idiot" - Sir_Musket
"how do you say first lt in serbian" - outta_key_
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 5473

03 May 2018, 05:53

sebnan12 wrote:
SirCallen wrote:
sebnan12 wrote:i still dont see me and butifle listed? can u just tell me if wereallowed to play or not now? im not gona wait untill sunday to find out im not allowed to play.

Butifle was banned from esoc tournaments for a time for smurfing for sirmusket in 2nd chance. I think most people forgot.

yes and ryan forfeited in a semi finals which had a price money, yet there was no debating about him at all in a tournament. just because he didnt play dm tourney last sec doesnt change the fact he was being seeded. butifle also apologized and improved hardly since then. i dont see how that ban could be serious anymore given the fact that u also dont let me play the tournament since its obvious i would only play with him.

Rules are rules and are never unanimously fair but needed and un-upheld rules are hardly rules at all.
theoretically derive and empirically amend -- the one-size-fits-all approach to approaching everything
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1356
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

03 May 2018, 06:04

SirCallen wrote:
sebnan12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

yes and ryan forfeited in a semi finals which had a price money, yet there was no debating about him at all in a tournament. just because he didnt play dm tourney last sec doesnt change the fact he was being seeded. butifle also apologized and improved hardly since then. i dont see how that ban could be serious anymore given the fact that u also dont let me play the tournament since its obvious i would only play with him.

Rules are rules and are never unanimously fair but needed and un-upheld rules are hardly rules at all.

thats not a rule thats a decision. theres quite a difference between changing a decision made and breaking a rule.
''its is iamsucksturk'' - Kickass_op
''no you're trash you wouldnt beat me'' - Kaiserklein
"Not my fault everyone is a idiot" - Sir_Musket
"how do you say first lt in serbian" - outta_key_
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 5473

03 May 2018, 06:29

sebnan12 wrote:
SirCallen wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Rules are rules and are never unanimously fair but needed and un-upheld rules are hardly rules at all.

thats not a rule thats a decision. theres quite a difference between changing a decision made and breaking a rule.

Ryan didn't smurf a tournament, OK? Not smurfing a tournament is a rule, ja? A decision to enact a temporary tournament ban precipitated from Butifle breaking that rule, capiche?
theoretically derive and empirically amend -- the one-size-fits-all approach to approaching everything
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1356
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

03 May 2018, 06:38

SirCallen wrote:
sebnan12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

thats not a rule thats a decision. theres quite a difference between changing a decision made and breaking a rule.

Ryan didn't smurf a tournament, OK? Not smurfing a tournament is a rule, ja? A decision to enact a temporary tournament ban precipitated from Butifle breaking that rule, capiche?

smurfing does enact a temporary tournament ban? well show me that line then. im not gona back up from that point. he recieved a temporary tournament ban yes. i dont see why he cant play a 2v2 tournament with me 6 months later though.
''its is iamsucksturk'' - Kickass_op
''no you're trash you wouldnt beat me'' - Kaiserklein
"Not my fault everyone is a idiot" - Sir_Musket
"how do you say first lt in serbian" - outta_key_
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 5473

03 May 2018, 06:44

sebnan12 wrote:
SirCallen wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Ryan didn't smurf a tournament, OK? Not smurfing a tournament is a rule, ja? A decision to enact a temporary tournament ban precipitated from Butifle breaking that rule, capiche?

smurfing does enact a temporary tournament ban? well show me that line then. im not gona back up from that point. he recieved a temporary tournament ban yes. i dont see why he cant play a 2v2 tournament with me 6 months later though.

Well yeah, it comes down to the conditions of the ban which I'm admittedly not familiar with. Has it really been 6 months?

It'd be a little silly to spell out every punishment for every offense outright. Judgement in context is naturally always a factor which is why real courts exist.

This is all a bit funny because I'm really on your side and I want to see Butifle play too. But this is probably the answer to your question I've been so gracious to answer.
theoretically derive and empirically amend -- the one-size-fits-all approach to approaching everything
User avatar
India rsy
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1091
ESO: Rsy
Location: USA
GameRanger Id: 665696

03 May 2018, 07:08

I'm going to try to be as impartial as possible to my cholo loco OG partner-in-fish-crimes here.

Booty has already served like a 4 month ban. I think the situation wasn't fully cleared up either and there were some extenuating conditions. I think he should be given a second chance, he apologized and has been punished enough imo already.
cholo loco fish burrito OG ex aoe3 playa
User avatar
Greece Googol
Lancer
Posts: 797
ESO: Butifle
Location: Prague

03 May 2018, 07:12

Nah it’s fine @sebnan12 don’t be angry about it, I kinda deserved that ban, it would be stupid to get away with everything. Mangos we will shurk another tourney, when I have a decent PC with setup too.
User avatar
Christmas Island QueenOfdestiny
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1420
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

03 May 2018, 07:29

FREE BUTIFLE!
let them play...
User avatar
India princeofcarthage
ESOC Dev Team
Posts: 937
ESO: Sav0rybeef
Location: Milky Way!

03 May 2018, 07:39

I don't see the reason for your post, last time we talked I told you decision was not reversed.
Fantastic Friday Showdown
Fantastic Discord : https://discord.gg/69XVRE4
Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/trgaoe3

Image

#SavetheBeef
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1356
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

03 May 2018, 07:53

its not about u @Googol. and besides no i dont think u do. its about me. theyre not only preserving u from the tourney but also me. i rellay enjoyed this weekend tour so far but ur my 2v2 mate im not gona play with someone else. but fine i guess decision is made. cancel mine and googols signup then..
''its is iamsucksturk'' - Kickass_op
''no you're trash you wouldnt beat me'' - Kaiserklein
"Not my fault everyone is a idiot" - Sir_Musket
"how do you say first lt in serbian" - outta_key_
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1482
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

03 May 2018, 12:19

it's not admins fault you can't find anyone else to play with. it's yours : >
https://gyazo.com/e23a3b3b415a4ea81b4ba113e25e5938
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously
"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
Posts: 552
ESO: Veni_Vidi_Vici_W

03 May 2018, 12:21

@SirCallen. Maybe, have to check if I can Sunday.

@princeofcarthage & @Cometk:
- Nice idea for such a tourney again

- "Team with higher average ELO in game 1 will lock in the civilizations right after picking the map."
Do you realize the consequences of this rule? In a way I get the idea of giving the lower ranked team some advantage. But right now it seems out of balance. A map pick is a small advantage, but a counterpick with civ combos in 2/2 is a huge advantage.

So like this, the higher ranked team will actually be in a disadvantage from the start. While this may not be that big of an issue in the first rounds (despite it unfortunately being BO1 and thus luck is a bigger factor), it surely is in the later rounds. When teams are very similar in skill, the current ELO matters far less, and is (especially with the relatively young new ELO) not always displaying skill properly. So, it would mean that everyone kinda wants to have a lower team elo now, though not too low since you then face the highest ranked right away (so in the last few days when i played some games again i actually shouldnt have smashed everyone so much ;)). Not only to make sure they are not at a disadvantage, but that they are at an advantage for the first important game in the later rounds when meeting similary skilled teams.

To clarify further, based on an example from the list: IMO Prince/Sompu are similar to Hazza/King, however looking at current ELO's Hazza/King are unrealistically far higher on paper compared to what is realistic, and for that given the current rules they will probably lose game 1 since Prince/Sompu get the full counterpick combo. No offense to anyone here (:

Its a difficult problem with all the civ changing/issues we had before in tourneys, but in 2/2 combo's matter a lot. If there is no real solution I would still say that people could agree on civ combos for example within 2 min? If no agreement, and no other solution, at least make it so that its alternating picks and not a full combo pick from one team.
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Weekend Tours - 2v2 Tour”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest