Finals map pool thread

May 6th, 2018
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Finals map pool thread

Post by Kaiserklein »

Except the original map pool didn't have 3 standard and 4 non standard maps. The 3 maps closest to being standard were Tibet, Baja California and Malaysia, but honestly you can't even call these standard. Baja is huge and has a lot of water with pretty low food, Tibet has a retarded pathing with a ton of tps and really far hunts, and Malaysia has ponds behind the bases and sometimes 1 hunt per player/sometimes 3. So yeah they're not the most non-standard maps, but I would expect a couple maps more standard than these in a finals map pool.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah original pool had zero standard maps. Zilch!
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Kaiserklein wrote:Except the original map pool didn't have 3 standard and 4 non standard maps. The 3 maps closest to being standard were Tibet, Baja California and Malaysia, but honestly you can't even call these standard. Baja is huge and has a lot of water with pretty low food, Tibet has a retarded pathing with a ton of tps and really far hunts, and Malaysia has ponds behind the bases and sometimes 1 hunt per player/sometimes 3. So yeah they're not the most non-standard maps, but I would expect a couple maps more standard than these in a finals map pool.

Baja, malaysia and thar desert all are in team map pool
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Doesn't make them standard though
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Kinda funnny..but standard means comfortably macro without needing to adapt I guess. No one puts any weight on adaptation it seems
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think the point is having a pool that appeals to all the aspects of a good RTS. Adaptation is part of it but so is macro mechanics on a standard map. The point is to have a pool of both standard and non standard maps, not just standard, not just non standard. That's pretty reasonable, isn't it?

But everyone is always correct to themselves so that's how we end up with 8 page threads over the most trivial shit.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Kinda funnny..but standard means comfortably macro without needing to adapt I guess. No one puts any weight on adaptation it seems

Of course there should be some non-standard maps in the map pool where you need to adapt more etc. Just saying it shouldn't be only non-standard maps, because standard maps also require some different skills when played. It's just variety.