Tit vs Hazza54321

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Tit vs Hazza54321

Post by Goodspeed »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:I got a quantum pc which I use for aoe3, so there shouldnt be any issue ;)
Wait what?
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

@GS I.e. you can tell anything online, without proper proof no one knows if its the truth. Same with pingtests that don't clearly proof its yours.

@wardyb1 yes, he can check the FPS too, true, during fights then and not just in the first minutes of the game. However, then you know IF its wrong, I also like to find out where the cause is so you know what needs fix, which is where the task manager or another external program could help.
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

With a connection like that, likely the problem is someone else using it at the same time. Explains the random spikes.
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Unfortunately having good components is no guarantee for games to run smoothly..

I've had game stuttering last two weeks, even though i'm running aoe with intel i7-6700 cpu and geforce gtx950 (which should be more than enough for aoe).

It turned out that the drivers for my intel graphics were from 2k16 :/ And this was even despite having tried to update them several times.

The problem in my case was that if I let Windows search for driver updates (for example by going to Device Manager --> Update Drivers) it would automatically install the 2k16 drivers, as if these were the newest ones.

So i had to find the latest drivers on my own and install them manually to get rid of my stuttering. What's really retarded is that if i try to update them now from the Device Manager, it actually gets rid of the 2k18 drivers and installs the 2k16 ones again :shock: Microsoft Windows at it's finest :hehe:
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

Ye Veni, I really want to improve that.
Atm i'm working but i will try to do different speed test and monitoring my PC during a game this evening.
I will post results here.
I can also share my UI if someone other than Mitoe want to test if this can cause lag.
Furthermore , I have a edited hotkey file ( defaultkeymapY.xml) , where I added a dozen of hotkeys.

About my connection, i m the only one using it (i use CPL) . My wifi is disabled, so only my PC is using internet, I'm sure of that.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Aykin Haraka wrote:tournament 1 : umeu lost to kynesie whereas kyn isn't really playing
tournament 2 : where is umeu
tournament 3 : where is umeu ? well I think he is crying again
tournament 4: where is UMEU ?? dam ok he definitevely so noob he doesn't paticipate

tournament 1: umeu wins against kynesie then kynesie OOS'es the game and umeu quits. Don't start lying now, or start spreading falsehoods.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

My version: tournament 1: umeu is doing well, but kynesie lags very badly so umeu loses his falcs because of it, now both players have chances but then MCJim leaves the game causing it to oos.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

tabben wrote:Unfortunately having good components is no guarantee for games to run smoothly..

I've had game stuttering last two weeks, even though i'm running aoe with intel i7-6700 cpu and geforce gtx950 (which should be more than enough for aoe).

It turned out that the drivers for my intel graphics were from 2k16 :/ And this was even despite having tried to update them several times.

The problem in my case was that if I let Windows search for driver updates (for example by going to Device Manager --> Update Drivers) it would automatically install the 2k16 drivers, as if these were the newest ones.

So i had to find the latest drivers on my own and install them manually to get rid of my stuttering. What's really retarded is that if i try to update them now from the Device Manager, it actually gets rid of the 2k18 drivers and installs the 2k16 ones again :shock: Microsoft Windows at it's finest :hehe:

Old drivers should be fine and 2016 is not even old. Most recent drivers just add little improvements for new games.
Be sure the game is running on your gpu and there is nothing overheating.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

P i k i l i c wrote:My version: tournament 1: umeu is doing well, but kynesie lags very badly so umeu loses his falcs because of it, now both players have chances but then MCJim leaves the game causing it to oos.

Umeu being up 1-0 anyways, kynesie having already used his japan which is the only civ he wins with on land maps. Iirc he would have to win every water map and then win a land map with japan once, while also facing counter picks. Umeu came close to contesting kynesie water on a first pick and was honestly winning the game or at least even. The water boom's effect had worn off, at which point you'd expect a player like umeu to outplay kynesie, were it not that it was conveniently lagging like shit.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

I have an AMD FX(tm)-6300 six core
GeForce GTX 950
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Garja wrote:[spoiler=spoiler]
tabben wrote:Unfortunately having good components is no guarantee for games to run smoothly..

[/spoiler]
Old drivers should be fine and 2016 is not even old. Most recent drivers just add little improvements for new games.

Lol that was spot on, thanks Garja. I downloaded a temperature monitor after reading your answer and one of my CPU cores was at about 80°C :ohmy: So i took my laptop apart and cleaned the fans with compressed air, and now it's down at around 50°C :smile:
If anyone's interested, this is what the dusty fans looked like:
[spoiler=spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Which reminds me of my old stationary computer, that randomly would restart itself in the middle of games because of overheating. This is what the CPU of that computer looked like when i took it apart :grin: That pc actually lasted for another two years just by removing that pile of dust xD
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Insane
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

If you have time you might as well change the thermal compound on the gpu and cpu. That makes a big difference too in laptops.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

tabben wrote:

[/spoiler]

Lol that was spot on, thanks Garja. I downloaded a temperature monitor after reading your answer and one of my CPU cores was at about 80°C :ohmy: So i took my laptop apart and cleaned the fans with compressed air, and now it's down at around 50°C :smile:
Which reminds me of my old stationary computer, that randomly would restart itself in the middle of games because of overheating. This is what the CPU of that computer looked like when i took it apart :grin: That pc actually lasted for another two years just by removing that pile of dust xD
Is that French AIDS and Dutch cancer in one!?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tabben wrote:

[/spoiler]

yea dust is a killer. need to clean it every 6 months actually. i'm getting mine cleaned tomorrow, i shouldve done it way earlier. but kinda anxious about it lol
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kynesie »

@Veni_Vidi_Vici_W , @princeofcarthage ,@QueenOfdestiny
I made some tests, if someone have any opinion...

my config:
repos.PNG

About speedtest:
Paris:
paris.PNG

London:
NYC.PNG

Berlin:
Berlin.PNG

Amsterdam:
Amsterdam.PNG

NYC:
London.PNG

Then i monitor my PC in a aoe3 room:

config.PNG

Then in early game . More or less always 144fps.
early game.PNG

Then in very late game ( more than 3000 score) . My fps down between 40 and 60 . and go to 100 when most units die.
late game.PNG
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Lol how can you lag like shit with those specs.
Net isn't great but should be enough. Ping vs europe is decent, actually 15ms better than what I get to Paris, Amsterdam or Frankfurt. Just be sure it's consistent since the bandwidht is low and anything like youtube video or so can make it lag.
Be sure game is run on gpu and remove all shittiee mods.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

might be to do with his 100s of mods idk
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Should try it for more than 1 game, like when its start to lag and then see if there is a difference.
And maybe without any mod? :chinese:
I know its not so easy, i played for years with zoom mode :blush:
shit juice :hmm:
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

the lag has probably nothing to do with his computer since it was similar years ago when I was playing and he apparently changed it in 2017. I would guess it's either his internet or the mods
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kynesie »

I didn t notice game lag more and more. Sometime there is lag, sometimes it s more or less ok.
When i play, got nothing running in background except skype/discord... Sometimes chrome but without video or something using a lot of connection
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kynesie »

benj89 wrote:the lag has probably nothing to do with his computer since it was similar years ago when I was playing and he apparently changed it in 2017. I would guess it's either his internet or the mods

Thats true.i lag since a lot of time, and i used multiple comp and multiple connection. ui mod or personnal hotkey can cause lag ? As i said, i can share it if someone want to test
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

2k18 and people don’t have a gig up/down EleGiggle
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Kynesie wrote:
benj89 wrote:the lag has probably nothing to do with his computer since it was similar years ago when I was playing and he apparently changed it in 2017. I would guess it's either his internet or the mods

Thats true.i lag since a lot of time, and i used multiple comp and multiple connection. ui mod or personnal hotkey can cause lag ? As i said, i can share it if someone want to test

Maybe you remove it and test it... make a copy from it and try it.

Just imagine everyone would try it and lag then :shock: [spoiler=spoiler]:P[/spoiler]
shit juice :hmm:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Are you sure game is being run on your gpu?

Also go here and get that tool. Run it on some reliable server (google or similar) adn check if ping is stable.
Image Image Image