GG
[Sith] - Baphomet
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Re: OPTIMUS__PRIME vs tabben

Post by tabben »

If anyone wonders why I forfeited, Optimus has lag spikes whenever there are too many players in the game (this was casted which means 2 additional players). It's not command delay or anything, just PC lag that makes the game freeze.

You can see the spikes from this clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettiestDepressedKoupreyWTRuck
When the camera is first at my TC there's a sweet 2 second spike and another one when I'm building the trading post.

I played two 2v2s with Opti a few days ago and it was just the same, no command delay but spikes all the time. Me, Veni, Gitfed and Castete played a completely lag-free 2v2 on good ol' Deccan. Then when veni was replaced by Opti there were lag spikes all the time (@Guigs was complaining alot so he should be able to confirm this). We finished the first game despite the lag, but as you see from the top game length me and Castete just resigned after 02:12 since it was unplayable.

I just don't see the point of playing laggy tourney games so that's why i forfeited. Maybe some think I shouldn't sign up in the first place then, but honestly it's 2k18 and playing a tourney game without lag spikes isn't asking for too much in my opinion.

Also I'm really sorry @chrisie for not letting you cast with the pink colour, that was totally bad sportsmanship from me ;)
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Just play without casters then?
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze

Post by tabben »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Just play without casters then?

If it was up to me then sure, but according to the rules i have to 'coordinate with the casters' and I'm not sure if I even have the right to completely deny casting of the game. Can't remember who but in a similar case recently I saw someone get the response "can't deny a caster" so it just felt pointless.

Also I was already being flamed by the casters because one of them picked the same colour as me, so I'm not sure how well it would've been recieved if I told them both to leave
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

tabben wrote:

If it was up to me then sure, but according to the rules i have to 'coordinate with the casters' and I'm not sure if I even have the right to completely deny casting of the game. Can't remember who but in a similar case recently I saw someone get the response "can't deny a caster" so it just felt pointless.

Also I was already being flamed by the casters because one of them picked the same colour as me, so I'm not sure how well it would've been recieved if I told them both to leave

Lmao... Well they can't force you to have ur game being casted, especially in such early stages.

I'd MUCH MUCH rather have a game played off stream with a rec than someone forfeit.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

tabben wrote:

esoc casting :hmm: :hmm:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

When I played vs opti with the same casters previous round there was no lag, so you could have tried a bit harder 15
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze

Post by tabben »

bwinner1 wrote:When I played vs opti with the same casters previous round there was no lag, so you could have tried a bit harder 15

2:11:43
bwinner: there was a slight lag

Well you can't seem to make up your mind. And yea you thought it was playable but I've seen you complain about your PC lagging when playing LordRaphael on stream so I guess you're just more used to it lol
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

tabben wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:When I played vs opti with the same casters previous round there was no lag, so you could have tried a bit harder 15

Well you can't seem to make up your mind. And yea you thought it was playable but I've seen you complain about your PC lagging when playing LordRaphael on stream so I guess you're just more used to it lol

There has been a bit of lag in the beggining (rly nothing big) but unlike you I just waited a bit and it got better^^
I changed PC so I don't have it anymore. Kaiser said he had no lag either vs optimus, so that was only you... Anyway you can do whatever you want but that's always anoying to have forfeit in tourney, especially after you already won one round.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@tabben it's probably because the map becomes a ui map when casted. It's the new ui 2.2x thing. So it's lighter when you don't have this ui showing so many stats etc. Maybe optimus' comp can't handle that too well for some reason. Also obviously, 2 extra people in peer to peer, and switching stuff in the ui, which might make their own aoe lag slightly (think about when casters check the decks, for example). So yeah optimus didn't lag against me, then on a ui map idk.

I doubt it's unplayable though, tbh. But I can understand that you don't want to play laggy games, I'm the same and I also forfeited once for that. But even if it's annoying, you should probably still finish the game for the viewers, as I should have. You can still talk to the admins after or between the games, and maybe even get admin win if it's really not playable. Agreed, it's very exciting, but at least it means that you will get to play some probably lagless tourney games in the next round. Meanwhile people get to watch an actual series because you didn't forfeit. My ro16 game was a good game I think, but it wasn't casted, maybe because they were watching you forfeit instead. But don't think I'm blaming you, again I've done worse.

Ah and about denying casters: if you can show that there is an improvement without them in a lag test, I think you can deny casters, especially for a ro16 game (it's not like it's semi finals or sth). But you can't deny casters without a good reason. So yeah, could have asked for a lag test without them and maybe go on that way.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

tabben wrote:

He only does that when a he's playing with a higher rank player. Otherwise he'd accuse the shit out of lower rank player. Well played bwinner well played.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ashvin wrote:
tabben wrote:

He only does that when a he's playing with a higher rank player. Otherwise he'd accuse the shit out of lower rank player. Well played bwinner well played.

I don't think mods should make accusations like this
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

deleted_user wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
Show hidden quotes

L2read. IDK why do you have to be a dick to me. I always try to stay from you.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ashvin wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

It's just moderating discourse
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

deleted_user wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
Show hidden quotes

It's just moderating discourse

Do it with a real mod, I am/was not a mod.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

But Ear is not a mod :(
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

so what