Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Re: Playoff Challenges

Post by glorious_ »

princeofcarthage wrote:In order to spice things up a bit, raise the stakes and make it more rewarding I have to decided to reward the Grand Tour Winner with up to additional 100$ if the following challenges are met from my own pocket.

To qualify for these rewards certain conditions are required.
1) These challenges are applicable only for the Grand Finals.
2) Player must Win the Grand Finals in addition to challenge conditions to receive the rewards.

Challenges :
1) Savage Attacker (30$) : Win 3 games in a row with Warchief Civilizations (Aztec, Sioux, and Iroquois)
2) Economic Victory (10$) : Win with Trade Monopoly without ever resetting the timer.
3) The old ways (10$) : Secure a victory after staying in colonial era for at least 20 mins.
4) Starved (50$) : Win without sending, building, or researching anything that gives you resource crates and/or resources . (Ex. Resource crate shipments, Age up rewards, Wonder rewards, Big Buttons, and other applicable stuff) (Dutch Bank, Japanese shrines, Porcelain tower and other similar buildings are however allowed)
5) Industrialization (10$) : Win after reaching Industrial age before 9:30 mins.
6) Strategist (50$) : Win after defending with just TC, Outposts, Forts, and other similar buildings without training any units (CM are allowed) for 20 mins.(20 mins are counted from the moment you hit colonial) (You can train units after 20 mins)

More Challenges will follow. Challenges may be edited if any flaw which can be exploited is found. If anyone else is interested to donate to increase the rewards let me know on discord or forums.

A player can take on as many challenges as he likes but is capped to win maximum of 100$. (Unless someone else would like to increase the reward pool.)

[spoiler=Tags]@Kaiserklein
@knusch
@Hazza54321
@Aykin Haraka
@Kynesie
@Mitoe
@dicktator_
@lordraphael[/spoiler]

how is .5 even remotely possible? for example aklak went to V in 8:20 with 0 units and 0 eco. Considering that you have to be IV and win in 9:30 its rather impossible. (Additionaly your opponent plays)
Only thing that might work is to revolt with otto but honestly on this level how should it work.

Aklak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5nqOBslJaw
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

well thought of, spicing the things while keeping the money , Bravo!
#trainableSpahi
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Kool idea. Could do with more thought.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Thish dumb
De Funk
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

glorious_ wrote:how is .5 even remotely possible? for example aklak went to V in 8:20 with 0 units and 0 eco. Considering that you have to be IV and win in 9:30 its rather impossible. (Additionaly your opponent plays)
Only thing that might work is to revolt with otto but honestly on this level how should it work.

Well you don't have to win in 9:30. This would be just a joke.
You just need to reach age 4 before that time, while still eventually winning the game later. But it's still almost impossible, cause almost no civ can reach industrial at this time (especially if you get idled), and even if you can do it (like with otto) you'll probably lose anyway because it's not viable. All in revolt might be the only way to make it work.
Like both umeu and me pointed out, it should probably be 10:30 or 11:00, to make it a doable challenge, in a finals where you don't really want to try weird stuff, let alone 9:30 industrial.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Update :

2) Economic Victory (10$) : Win with Trade Monopoly without resetting the timer for more than 3 times.
4) Starved (30$) : Win without sending anything that gives you resource crates and/or resources. (So age up rewards, consulate crates, big buttons, native post techs and such stuff is now allowed) (Reduced the reward as such to 30$)
5) Industrialization (10$) : Win after reaching Industrial age before 10:30 mins.
6) Strategist (30$) : Win after defending with just TC, Outposts, Forts, and other similar buildings without training any units (CM are allowed) for 15 mins. (Of Total Game time including age 1)
(Time reduced by approximately 9-10 mins, hence reward reduced to 30$)
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Retired Contributor

Like I said if I/community finds flaws(Toughness of the challenge cannot be a flaw, rather the plausibility itself ex. reach age 5 in 1 min.) then I would edit the challenges.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Now it's reasonable
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

6 seems too easy considering most 1v1s are nr10 anyway
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Hazza54321 wrote:6 seems too easy considering most 1v1s are nr10 anyway

cant wait to see you pulling all those off vs me
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

6 is way too easy. Especially for the price you win. While 5 is real challenge and you dont get any reward for it.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

lordraphael wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:6 seems too easy considering most 1v1s are nr10 anyway

cant wait to see you pulling all those off vs me

Lol you so ezzzz
Retired Contributor

You are forgetting you have to win game after that as well and the finals as well, I don't think its that easy.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I like how these challanges portraits the grand finals to be like some random quicksearch games, where you might troll with this stuff.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

did he add that so it only applies to the grand finals ? :D. I also give out a challenge: 1) Peasant War (1000 USD ) Win a game in the grand finals by only using villagers. Upgrades like greatcoat or blunderbuss, let alone the HC shipment for vill HP are not allowed:

Its easy to come up with a bunch of challenges which no one will ever be able to complete. None of those challegnes except the one for colo play is really feasible and on top of that you have to do it in the finals. i mean,sure, the finals will potentially feature the 2 best players, how would anyone manage to win the series if he tries to simultaneously fulfill those goals you came up with. Its not like there will be a 20 pr difference and you could troll youre way to victory.
To me it seems like youd rather not spend any money ( very understandable) and to ensure that you made those tasks basically impossible.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

lordraphael wrote:did he add that so it only applies to the grand finals ? :D. I also give out a challenge: 1) Peasant War (1000 USD ) Win a game in the grand finals by only using villagers. Upgrades like greatcoat or blunderbuss, let alone the HC shipment for vill HP are not allowed:

Yea he did ^ ^
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

lordraphael wrote:did he add that so it only applies to the grand finals ? :D. I also give out a challenge: 1) Peasant War (1000 USD ) Win a game in the grand finals by only using villagers. Upgrades like greatcoat or blunderbuss, let alone the HC shipment for vill HP are not allowed:

Its easy to come up with a bunch of challenges which no one will ever be able to complete. None of those challegnes except the one for colo play is really feasible and on top of that you have to do it in the finals. i mean,sure, the finals will potentially feature the 2 best players, how would anyone manage to win the series if he tries to simultaneously fulfill those goals you came up with. Its not like there will be a 20 pr difference and you could troll youre way to victory.
To me it seems like youd rather not spend any money ( very understandable) and to ensure that you made those tasks basically impossible.

Don't go mad just because you can't take all that money home.
Retired Contributor

It was from start only applicable only in grand finals, not my fault if you can't read it, even kaiser mentioned that in one of his post :shrug:

Kaiserklein wrote:It's in finals only, and I don't really think people would do that kind of shit in finals. Plus the first place gets $80 extra compared to 2nd place, so it's another reason to not let your opponent win on purpose.

Sry kaiser not actually tagging you!
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

He probably expected that a sane person wouldn't put these into the grand finals. trying these ridiculous challenges is only a way to jeopardize the prize money of the 1st place.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Yeah these challenges are pretty much unachievable. A good challenge would be like try not to drop any games or stuff like that
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It was written since the start that it applies in finals only, for the record.
Anyway, the challenges look much more doable now, so it's a good start. But yeah having it in finals makes it kind of impossible to do regardless. Not worth the risk.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Kaiserklein wrote:It was written since the start that it applies in finals only, for the record.
Anyway, the challenges look much more doable now, so it's a good start. But yeah having it in finals makes it kind of impossible to do regardless. Not worth the risk.

doable? really?

2) Economic Victory (10$) : Win with Trade Monopoly without resetting the timer for more than 3 times.
4) Starved (30$) : Win without sending anything that gives you resource crates and/or resources. (So age up rewards, consulate crates, big buttons, native post techs and such stuff is now allowed) (Reduced the reward as such to 30$)
5) Industrialization (10$) : Win after reaching Industrial age before 10:30 mins.
6) Strategist (30$) : Win after defending with just TC, Outposts, Forts, and other similar buildings without training any units (CM are allowed) for 15 mins. (Of Total Game time including age 1)

from these I see only 5th which is doable. for example the economic victory is not even up to you if you want to win it, it's your opponent who makes the decision to quit or not before the timer runs out. Thinking you can beat another top level player with 4 or 6 is just as absurd.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

well my bad. Still my point stands. I for one am just gonna ignore it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofkabul wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:It was written since the start that it applies in finals only, for the record.

doable? really?

from these I see only 5th which is doable. for example the economic victory is not even up to you if you want to win it, it's your opponent who makes the decision to quit or not before the timer runs out. Thinking you can beat another top level player with 4 or 6 is just as absurd.
diarouga beat garja doing #6 once