Failed to join - can't play online

Poland _Veith
Crossbow
ESO: _Veith

Failed to join - can't play online

Post by _Veith »

Hello, so I started playing this wonderful game few days ago with some friends.
Today we tried going online but.. for me everything works fine, I can connect to anyone.
But.. for my friends somehow it does not work. They have msg "Failed to connect" everytime they try to connect to a game with someone on ESO.
We tried fort forwarding but it still does not work.
Any ideas? Pls help :v
Brazil VITAOOOOOOOOO1
Skirmisher
ESO: VITAOOOOOOOOO1

Re: Failed to join - can't play online

Post by VITAOOOOOOOOO1 »

_Veith wrote:Hello, so I started playing this wonderful game few days ago with some friend.
Today we tried going online but.. for me everything works fine, I can connect to anyone.
But.. for my friend somehow it does not work. They have msg "Failed to connect" everytime they try to connect to a game with someone else then me on ESO.

download a program called hide.me install and make a free register open before start age3 thats it.
Poland _Veith
Crossbow

Post by _Veith »

VITAOOOOOOOOO1 wrote:
_Veith wrote:Hello, so I started playing this wonderful game few days ago with some friend.
But.. for my friend somehow it does not work. They have msg "Failed to connect" everytime they try to connect to a game with someone else then me on ESO.

download a program called hide.me install and make a free register open before start age3 thats it.

Playing on VPN works, but it just feelsbad, because it makes him having a lot of lags and high ping ;v
Is there any other way of solving it without VPN?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1161&hilit=AOE+3+Introduction+Guide

Please see the troubleshooting section of the PDF

- special thanks to Veni for this xoxo
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

_Veith wrote:
VITAOOOOOOOOO1 wrote:

Playing on VPN works, but it just feelsbad, because it makes him having a lot of lags and high ping ;v
Is there any other way of solving it without VPN?

call your provider and ask about port-forwarding, some providers allow you to port-forward only for extra payment, unfortunately.
another option is to get another provider/router that doesnt have this problem
Poland _Veith
Crossbow

Post by _Veith »

Ty a lot for ur answers, my friends are offline now, but they will try it all tomorrow. I hope it will solve their problems :)
Poland _Veith
Crossbow

Post by _Veith »

Still it does not work unfortunatelly, we did all port forwarding and it did not help :v
Also we all have windows firewall disabled and no anty-virus on pc - still doesnt work.
Any more ideas? :(
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

static IP, this is probs your problem. I use to have to pay my IPS 10$ a month for a static ip, to be able to play most online games, or your probably port froward wrong.
Poland _Veith
Crossbow

Post by _Veith »

__Uhlan__ wrote:static IP, this is probs your problem. I use to have to pay my IPS 10$ a month for a static ip, to be able to play most online games, or your probably port froward wrong.

Im totaly fine, it is about my friend. And yeah u right - I do have static ip and it works for me but he doesnt.
I do believe he is port forwarding right. 80 TPC, 2300 TPC and 2300-2310 UDP with his IPv4 checking in cmd/ipconfig.
Any other ideas how to solve it on his dynamic ip? DMZ also doesnt work for him..
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

He is going to need a static IP, that's basically the only solution in his situation, that or new router/ISP that doesn't have this issue.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

Make sure he is port forwarding at the router. The router/modem will ask for the local IP address to bind the port forwarding to, so he should set up a local IP to bind to his MAC address to ensure his port forwarding is actually working for his computer and not some other device on the network. Routers default to randomly assign IPs in their DHCP settings, so this process is a MUST if you want the port forwarding to work properly every time.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

I had some lag with my VPN program Windscribe (Highly recommended), so I just stopped using Wi-fi and switched to ethernet connection.

Japan EmoCelestia
Musketeer

Post by EmoCelestia »

My friend roy had the same issue..He tried windscribe said it wouldnt let him connect. So since he has unlimited data he switched to a mobile hotspot and played on that. Goodluck!
Poland _Veith
Crossbow

Post by _Veith »

Can he somehow make his IPadress static?
Or it fully depends on the ISP and the only way is calling them for help?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

_Veith wrote:Can he somehow make his IPadress static?

He can make his local IP static himself, which is the one that matters for port-forwarding. Guide here: https://portforward.com/networking/stat ... ows-10.htm
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Poland _Veith
Crossbow

Post by _Veith »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
_Veith wrote:Can he somehow make his IPadress static?

He can make his local IP static himself, which is the one that matters for port-forwarding. Guide here: https://portforward.com/networking/stat ... ows-10.htm

I tried doing it on his pc via teamviewer. But.. he has only one DNS adress on this router - 62.233.233.233 and the second one showing is 0.0.0.0...
After changing DNS to 62.233.233.233 and leaving aternative one open - internet doesnt work for him ;v
Any other ideas?