Friends list bug (?)

Korea South jj0823
Musketeer
ESO: jj0823

Friends list bug (?)

Post by jj0823 »

I will try my best to explain the details of this bug, but I am not so sure myself. I have a friend that I always compstomp with and as of last night, there seems to be some sort of pseudo-pest going on. I tried to join his game at the exact moment he invited me, and something happened that caused him to always appear offline and the message for joining the game was "Host Rejected". However, I can see that he was online today and likely is still on, but he's still on my friends list and does not appear on my pest list. Even weirder, I can still message him but I am not sure if he gets anything on his end. Instead of the normal "Error sending whisper to "___" reason 'Friend is offline," no error message shows up - as if he's actually online. How do you even begin to diagnose this?

I just saw him in a game (I tried to join but was too late), the only thing I can think of is that he pested me. I don't think he would have done this on purpose, we're pretty good internet buddies. Even so, is there some external way to communicate?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Friends list bug (?)

Post by gibson »

get someone else to message him and ask him to remove you from his friendslist and than re add you. Alternately, private message me and I will provide you with an alternate account to message him on.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

#pested
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Korea South jj0823
Musketeer
ESO: jj0823

Post by jj0823 »

gibson wrote:get someone else to message him and ask him to remove you from his friendslist and than re add you. Alternately, private message me and I will provide you with an alternate account to message him on.

Thanks, I was thinking of that. I have a friend we usually compstomp with as well, I'll wait to see if he comes on soon and can be our mediator.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Sometimes people pest by accident by right-clicking one's name and undeliberately doing it. The „Host rejected" message indeed appears when you're pested, you also can't see if the pester is online. Try to ask him somehow about that.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

pecelot wrote:Sometimes people pest by accident by right-clicking one's name and undeliberately doing it. The „Host rejected" message indeed appears when you're pested, you also can't see if the pester is online. Try to ask him somehow about that.

View Home Cities -> Add to Pezts.