Andorra flutelrut
ESO: Flutelrut

15 Feb 2017, 10:15

Yesterday I tried to install aoe3 in two ways: Parallels and Crossover. In Parallels way, installed successfully without any problem. But it does not convince me for the lag resulting.

On Crossover mode, I install following the hellotisue guide (at the top of this thread) with eitheror advice about sound and graphic problems found in Codeweaders forum:
"Install Steam on a new Bottle using the Steam Crosstie. Then install Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable, Microsoft XML Parser 4.0. Then go into Manage Bottles... and clic on the control panel tab and open Wine Config. Clic on the Libraries tab, and add 2 overrides: dsound (native, built in) and (native, built in). All those solve the DirectX reinstall issue, the blank error window issue, the sound issue, the video playback issue and the cd key dll issue." I attached a screenshot (sorry, catalan language).

Then, I need to disable "Performance Enhanced Graphics" for graphic bugs in AOE3 bottle.
It works well for me, but I can't join to games hosted by others. Maybe because not fixed my internal ip on my mac for port forwarding router. I try today to fix it.

The lag on crossover (v15) is lower than Parallels option, close (but not the same) to bootcamp option (best, on my computer).

I have iMac i5 2.66 Ghz with 20Gb Ram, mid2011 model.

Thanks a lot to @hellotissue for guide!
Captura de pantalla 2017-02-15 a les 10.37.11.png
adding library overrides on control panel Crossover
Captura de pantalla 2017-02-15 a les 10.37.11.png (32.86 KiB) Viewed 778 times
No Flag ronsu

15 Feb 2017, 11:39

Interesting! But I'm guessing that, still, the best option is to run Windows with Bootcamp. Isn't it?
France lylife168

25 Jun 2017, 15:13

Hi !

I just install Steam on my mac with Play On Mac.
Then I install AoE 3, but when I want to play It doesn't work ! That say they can't found the DLL ... I'm really bad with all of this, can you help me ??
Thank you :D

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
ESO: Ex-Contributor
Game: AoE Online

25 Jun 2017, 15:34

Please see viewtopic.php?f=65&t=11286 for an alternative solution.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
New Caledonia kimjunun
ESO: Kimjunun

29 Jun 2017, 17:35

awesome man thanks

Forum Info

Return to “Tech Support”