Menu buttons are blank

United States of America BM3West
Crossbow

Menu buttons are blank

Post by BM3West »

Hello,

I just bought the complete collection on steam, just to avoid having to put in the discs really. However, when I go into the menu, the buttons are all blank. If I mouse over the buttons, I get a tooltip, so I'm not totally blind on what they'll do. Also, when I play a game, the menu buttons are blank. I assume this is just a steam edition problem, but a the forum on there suggested I create a thread here. I didn't see this problem on this forum, so I decided to create a new thread.

I have tried a few things that I've read by googling the problem, they involved editing and deleting font files. I tried them and nothing changes, so I've reinstalled the game to get those files back to normal. The problem is still there, of course. I was just hoping someone on here might know how to fix it. I have Windows 10, by the way. It wasn't a problem with the discs, though. Guess I'll just have to go back to those? Maybe I can still get a steam refund, my game time is just fiddling around with the buttons lol.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Menu buttons are blank

Post by Dolan »

Can you post a screenshot?

Are the button captions (text) missing or are button faces (artwork) missing completely too?
Netherlands Skae
Crossbow
ESO: Skae

Re: Menu buttons are blank

Post by Skae »

some people fixed this by installing the newest service pack for windows 10. if you don't have it you might want to try it.

I fixed this issue by editing fonts3.xml and replacing all <param Bold="true"/> to <param Bold="false"/>, if this was one of the things you tried then i don't know, but if not, you could try that as well.

Also make sure you have the latest driver for your graphics card.