Wrong resolution

Denmark Ufomekaniker
Crossbow

Wrong resolution

Post by Ufomekaniker »

Hey :smile:

I have successfully been playing AOE3 on my iMac 5k for a few hours. Then i decided to set the in-game resolution to 4k instead of the lowest resolution available. But it doesn't work. Instead it magnifies the 4k resolution so much that it goes beyond the bezels of my iMac. If the "Help and Tools" button where a physical button it would be hovering in the air under my monitor (if you know what i mean) :grin:

How do i change the resolution when i no longer can access the "Help and Tools" button?

Is there a shortcut for changing the resolution in the game?

I would like the game to scale the 4k resolution to 5k correctly. Can you help me, please? :?:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Re: Wrong resolution

Post by rsy »

I'm not an expert at all but u could try using the windows mode to see the help and tools button. I think alt+enter puts u into windowed mode on windows don't know if something like that exists for macs
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It's not gonna scale well in size on 4k. I've played in 1440p and it looked okayish but I doubt you'll be able to make it scale correctly in 4k no matter what you do
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

I have this problem on my MacBook Pro Retina. It's a 4k Screen but I play it at 1050p. It doesn't really scale beyond the default resolutions of the era it came out. It pretty much stops at 1080p.
It doesn't really look better anyway so I wouldn't worry about it for now. Perhaps this could be a job for the Unhardcode team?
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

This game was released before 720p was a thing. I doubt you'll ever be able to make 4k look correctly :(
Denmark Ufomekaniker
Crossbow

Post by Ufomekaniker »

Thanks my friend. the Alt+Enter did the trick for me. Thank you for your help :smile:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Ufomekaniker wrote:Thanks my friend. the Alt+Enter did the trick for me. Thank you for your help :smile:

:banana: