Steam version AoE 3 Complete Collection not launching

No Flag stonr_playr
Crossbow

Steam version AoE 3 Complete Collection not launching

Post by stonr_playr »

hello all. steam support is showing little progress towards my issue so i came here. I just got AoE 3 on steam and it wont launch. when i click it it opens up and tries flickers black and steam says its running then just stops. when i "verify integrity of game files" i get the same message of "1 file failed to validate will reacquire" or something like that but always gives me that same message and NEVER boots up. i am at a loss and really want to enjoy this game. off to a frustrating start but im persistent. any help is very appreciated!

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Re: Steam version AoE 3 Complete Collection not launching

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Did you try to launch the expansions? Did you try to run the games without steam?
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

I'm also on windows 7 with steam version and had to verify the game files. When the game files are reaquired, look for compability problems. My personal problem was that the game crashed when the colors changed to old standards.
If this doesn't help, did you try google? Past people probably have had the same problem on steam, that's how I found the above solution.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag stonr_playr
Crossbow

Post by stonr_playr »

ive been looking and trying so many different things. i cant even see compatibility options on the desktop for it. the expansions run and launch but i cannot create an ESO account for online play with my buddies. my buddy said I had to create an account in base game and it wont launch...is this true? how do i ma e an account? anytime i tried in the expansion it just said "failed" or something along those lines. no error code or anything ive trierd man y different names even just random letters and still same failure popup. i have been lookin thru steam with zero actual working answers...as for running game without steam i cant...anytime u try and start it steam makes you sign in.
No Flag stonr_playr
Crossbow

Post by stonr_playr »

Asateo wrote:I'm also on windows 7 with steam version and had to verify the game files. When the game files are reaquired, look for compability problems. My personal problem was that the game crashed when the colors changed to old standards.
If this doesn't help, did you try google? Past people probably have had the same problem on steam, that's how I found the above solution.

how do i look for compatibility problems? im a bit tech savy but no guru...
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence