Failed to join a game(online)

No Flag Granger
Crossbow
ESO: AngelGranger

Failed to join a game(online)

Post by Granger »

Hey guys i bought age of empires 3,2years ago(steam) and i spent 99% of my time online but now i need help because last time i was playing Age of Empires 3 online everything was perfect,now 90% of times when i am trying to join i get this error "failed to join a game"

I am sorry if i am posting in wrong thread,because i am new to this forum,and i guess someone can help me to fix this
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Re: Failed to join a game(online)

Post by Timba »

Welcome to ESOC :flowers:
This guide has some info on Failed to Join issues: /viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1161
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

I have the same issue since I changed my router...The only thing which worked for me was this program to use a VPN connection. https://windscribe.com/

I recommend to give your email so you will have 10 Gb a month. The upside? A bit laggy.

No Flag Granger
Crossbow

Post by Granger »

yoqpasa wrote:I have the same issue since I changed my router...The only thing which worked for me was this program to use a VPN connection. https://windscribe.com/

I recommend to give your email so you will have 10 Gb a month. The upside? A bit laggy.

The problem is i never changed my router everything is same and i was trying with windscribe.com but it was not working
No Flag Granger
Crossbow

Post by Granger »

Timba wrote:Welcome to ESOC :flowers:

There is nothing how i can fix this on windows 10,everything its windows xp,vista or 7
Because i have windows 10 some "steps" are not the same they are different
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Granger wrote:

There is nothing how i can fix this on windows 10,everything its windows xp,vista or 7

I use W10

United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Granger wrote:

Which steps are you having trouble with? Everything should be possible on w10, just how to get there might be a little different.
No Flag Granger
Crossbow

Post by Granger »

musketeer925 wrote:
Granger wrote:

Which steps are you having trouble with? Everything should be possible on w10, just how to get there might be a little different.

Well as you can see there everywhere it says Windows vista,xp,7 or 8 Nowhere Windows 10
and because its other windows and all steps are not same(different)dont know how to fix
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

As far as I know, really the only thing that's going to be Windows-version dependent for FTJ stuff is setting your PC up with a static IP. Something like this can be Googled for windows 10 steps:
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/h ... windows-7/ (actually, this was the one linked in the document above, and despite the URL, does cover Windows 10...)

Things like your router configuration just depend on your router model, not Windows version. For the most part if you find a step with windows 7 steps, you should be able to google "how to do [thing] in windows 10". If you can't find an equivalent guide for something, link a Windows 7/vista/etc guide for what you're trying to do and I'll find you one. I just don't know what in particular you're trying to do, and probably no one here is going to have time to fully write new Windows 10 guides.

Unfortunately FTJ is a pretty tough problem with a lot of different cases, and fixing it probably is going to require some work on your own, hard to keep an up-to-date guide for every windows/router model/etc. And in some network configurations it's just not fixable.
No Flag Granger
Crossbow

Post by Granger »

musketeer925 wrote:As far as I know, really the only thing that's going to be Windows-version dependent for FTJ stuff is setting your PC up with a static IP. Something like this can be Googled for windows 10 steps:
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/h ... windows-7/ (actually, this was the one linked in the document above, and despite the URL, does cover Windows 10...)

Things like your router configuration just depend on your router model, not Windows version. For the most part if you find a step with windows 7 steps, you should be able to google "how to do [thing] in windows 10". If you can't find an equivalent guide for something, link a Windows 7/vista/etc guide for what you're trying to do and I'll find you one. I just don't know what in particular you're trying to do, and probably no one here is going to have time to fully write new Windows 10 guides.

Unfortunately FTJ is a pretty tough problem with a lot of different cases, and fixing it probably is going to require some work on your own, hard to keep an up-to-date guide for every windows/router model/etc. And in some network configurations it's just not fixable.

Well stuffs like this and other stuff to are only expalinded for older windows https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ost-an-age
And about that Port forwarding(my ip adress) problem is i use internet cabel,because my brother is like"host" of the internet and we have same ip adress and maybe that is the problem(but i dont thing that its really this)because since i bought age 3 on steam we are on same IP adress and i was able to play AOE 3 online because i spent my time only Online,but 2-3days ago when i was trying to play online i started facing a problem Failed to join
windscribe.com was not helping,port forward network utilities(program) was not working at all because it was asking me to pay 40$ and i am not planning to pay that kind of money,when i was following steps for windows 10 on "howtogeek" after i closed internet protocol version 4 problem was detected i lost internet connection so i had to go back and remove that "numbers"
No Flag Granger
Crossbow

Post by Granger »

When i restarted my pc and tryed again with Winscribe.com i was able to play 4 games and got only 1 time error failed to join maybe its going to work,but i got 1 time something like kicked while ingame "out of sync" i dont know if that is because of the host who hosted the game he had "yellow ping" me and other 6 had green i mean perfect ping