Installing game without CD

Colombia jorgeguerra
Crossbow
ESO: jorgeguerra

Installing game without CD

Post by jorgeguerra »

Hello everyone

I have my aoe3 account for about 10 years, I have stopped playing for a while but I want to practice a bit in this holidays, unfortunately, I have not been able to install the game again since I have moved to another country and I don't have the CDs. Therefore, I was wondering if there is a way to get a copy of the game and log in to my old account. I don't want to download any illegal content and I also don't want to buy a new copy in steam (leveling civs is pain in the ass).

QUESTION: If you buy a copy in steam can I log in with my old account? (originally I have the Spanish version of the game)

Any ideas? :)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Installing game without CD

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hello there,
jorgeguerra wrote:I don't want to download any illegal content and I also don't want to buy a new copy in steam

I think these are literally the only two options you have, I'm afraid. Note that there is a Steam sale going on right now, so you can get the game for 75% off standard price!

jorgeguerra wrote:(leveling civs is pain in the ass).
QUESTION: If you buy a copy in steam can I log in with my old account? (originally I have the Spanish version of the game)

Yes, leveling will not be a problem, you can just use your old account if you remember the name and password. No problem with that :flowers:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Colombia jorgeguerra
Crossbow

Post by jorgeguerra »

Thanks @EAGLEMUT :)
I hope it will, the thing is that a long time ago I was trying to log in into my account in a english version of the game, it said something like...your account has been suspended or smth like that, but then I could log in from my usual installation (Spanish version).
...Well the worst thing that can happen is spending 10EUR and having 2 accounts to smurf and increase PR like a pro XD
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

I have had a similar problem. Since i have had multiple broken CDs. In case you have a friend who has the game on steam ask him if you can install it on your comp. If you copy yourself the gamedata (not from steam but from a CD) you can start the game from that gamedata.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Colombia jorgeguerra
Crossbow

Post by jorgeguerra »

japanesegeneral wrote:I have had a similar problem. Since i have had multiple broken CDs. In case you have a friend who has the game on steam ask him if you can install it on your comp. If you copy yourself the gamedata (not from steam but from a CD) you can start the game from that gamedata.

@japanesegeneral
I am also in Germany, is there a chance that you are in Munich and so you can pass me the game data? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well, that would be too much effort, I will just spend 10eur I guess
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

I am sorry but i am from northern germany.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.