Desperate for help!

Poland Fencer
Crossbow
ESO: The_Fencer

Desperate for help!

Post by Fencer »

Hello, I'm new to the forum so I hope I didn't break any rules for the forum usage.

I've changed my internet connection recently from an awful cable internet to crazy speed, high-quality cable internet. The awful one was actually letting me play AOE3 without any problems. The new one just doesn't allow me to join any game room in "Game search". I have this "failed to join the game" issue. I read about the issue and watched a few guides on youtube how people handle the problem but it's all connected to problems with routers/wi-fi. There are no guides or helpful topics on the internet that talk about having "failed to join the game" issue through cable,and I've even seen a lot of "try playing through using cable" explanations to the problem.

Please help :(
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Re: Desperate for help!

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Just googel: how to open ports...
I think there is even a thread here somewhere.. try this viewtopic.php?t=9269
shit juice :hmm:
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yeah forward 80 and 2300-2310 and if that doesnt work try a vpn
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Contact your ISP and ask them to open the needed ports. My brother did that, when the game came out and it helped him.

I have issues with roughly 50% of my games, what I do is that I use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jboh?hl=en

Depending on who I play, I have to select different countries. The downside is that it can make the game rather laggy - especially during big battles!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hi, it doesn't really matter whether your computer is connected through a cable or wifi, the solutions are the same:

1) If you are able to change settings on your router at home, set up port forwarding there for the following ports:
80 TCP port
2300-2310 TCP+UDP port range

To figure out the exact steps to do this, you can google up a manual for the specific router that you have.

2) If you are unable to change settings on your router at home (it's password-protected and operated by the ISP), then call up your ISP and explain the issue - tell them the ports you need as I wrote above.

3) If you are able to change your router settings but can't seem to make it work, come back here and post some screen of how far you got so that we can try to help.

4) If the issue is on ISP's side and they are unwilling to help, you can get around the issue by using a VPN such as Windscribe. Note that playing over a VPN will likely increase your game latency in a noticeable way.
Poland Fencer
Crossbow
ESO: The_Fencer

Post by Fencer »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Hi, it doesn't really matter whether your computer is connected through a cable or wifi, the solutions are the same:

1) If you are able to change settings on your router at home, set up port forwarding there for the following ports:
80 TCP port
2300-2310 TCP+UDP port range

To figure out the exact steps to do this, you can google up a manual for the specific router that you have.

2) If you are unable to change settings on your router at home (it's password-protected and operated by the ISP), then call up your ISP and explain the issue - tell them the ports you need as I wrote above.

3) If you are able to change your router settings but can't seem to make it work, come back here and post some screen of how far you got so that we can try to help.

4) If the issue is on ISP's side and they are unwilling to help, you can get around the issue by using a VPN such as Windscribe. Note that playing over a VPN will likely increase your game latency in a noticeable way.

Are there any VPN that are completely free? I tried Hide.me before and it helped but it had only 2 GB of transfer. It seems the same for the Windscribe. I'm not the owner of the router and it would be hard to explain the situation to the 40 year old owner you know.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Fencer wrote:Are there any VPN that are completely free? I tried Hide.me before and it helped but it had only 2 GB of transfer. It seems the same for the Windscribe. I'm not the owner of the router and it would be hard to explain the situation to the 40 year old owner you know.
Windscribe offers you 10GB/month, but even 2GB is much more than you'll ever need. The amount of data sent during a game session is very very low, you can try playing for a bit and see for yourself how much data you use up.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Option 1: try to restart game
Option 2: Go community links>New player's guide by Veni. Open those ports for IPv4as someone said (Keep in mind IPv4 changes so use run>cmd.exe and type ipconfing to know). I managed to fix my FTJ issue a lot of times, for some reason I have to open aoe3 twice to achieve it.
Option 3: Use Windscribe, this will fix your problem around 99% times but the price to pay is lag. I recommend you to send email so you will be granted 10gb a month for free.

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

If you have mobile datas, I advice you to use it. This is what I do, playing AOE3 connected to my phone, and it works great so far. I had the same ftj issue as you have with my box
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Rikikipu wrote:If you have mobile datas, I advice you to use it. This is what I do, playing AOE3 connected to my phone, and it works great so far. I had the same ftj issue as you have with my box

Your tricks scare me :shock: Does it lag?

Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I always have FTJ after i restart game it resolves, simple but can be forgetten.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

when u play with mobile data and vpn turned on the game lags super hard. I once played an ffa and there was 2-3 sec delay, sometimes there is even more
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Rikikipu wrote:If you have mobile datas, I advice you to use it. This is what I do, playing AOE3 connected to my phone, and it works great so far. I had the same ftj issue as you have with my box

Don't you have ftj issue with mobile data ? I mean when I try to use my mobile internet I often have ftj issue
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Re:

Post by Rikikipu »

Lecastete wrote:

Don't you have ftj issue with mobile data ? I mean when I try to use my mobile internet I often have ftj issue

Instead of 100% ftj I have lower than 25% ftj which is quite acceptable.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

yoqpasa wrote:

It doesn't lag at all if you have at least a 3g connection. I just cocasted with AOE3 + discord and it was working without any problem.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

If you are too desperate, also consider enabling DMZ on router (warning: will give security risk, so disable when not gaming).
Error 404: Signature not found
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

you guys still think port forwarding helps for aoe? silly people.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

princeofkabul wrote:you guys still think port forwarding helps for aoe? silly people.

Port forwarding often helps and most people are able to solve their issues this way. It seems there are a few routers that just wont let you port forward unfortunately, and for some people the ports are blocked by the ISP but otherwise it works.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Rikikipu wrote:
yoqpasa wrote:

It doesn't lag at all if you have at least a 3g connection. I just cocasted with AOE3 + discord and it was working without any problem.

That's why you lagged as a caster...