AOE3 preforms terribly and sometimes my ping goes red

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

AOE3 preforms terribly and sometimes my ping goes red

Post by jgals »

I have been using this laptop to play AOE3 for years and it was always fine. Recently I installed trial windows 10 and I run from the desktop since that dumb multiplayer app we all had to use for a few days a while back fucked my shit up and it wont launch from steam due to compatibility mode or something.

anyway the laptop seems to have trouble sometimes during team games. I don't see why it never did before. I always used maximum graphics before too and now I use minimum. It was on windows 8 back then. It doesnt always have trouble only sometimes which doesnt make sense. I NEVER run other programs I literally have this windows install only for playing aoe3

then additionally sometimes in lobbys my pin often g goes red for no reason even when I am the only one in the house. I am sitting right next to the router. The speed test reveals that I have a 50 MPS download and 10MPS upload. WTF?

I am wondering if maybe the system is not configured to run aoe3 properly somehow or if there are tweaks I can use to make it work better on windows 10
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: AOE3 preforms terribly and sometimes my ping goes red

Post by EAGLEMUT »

jgals wrote:I have been using this laptop to play AOE3 for years and it was always fine. Recently I installed trial windows 10 and I run from the desktop since that dumb multiplayer app we all had to use for a few days a while back fucked my shit up and it wont launch from steam due to compatibility mode or something.

Sounds like you installed voobly. Run the ESOC Patch installer or launcher to fix this problem.

jgals wrote:then additionally sometimes in lobbys my pin often g goes red for no reason even when I am the only one in the house. I am sitting right next to the router. The speed test reveals that I have a 50 MPS download and 10MPS upload. WTF?

Well, you always see ping relative to other players. If your connection is fine it might simply be that the other player is the lagger or lives very far away from where you are.