How to get an account back?

No Flag Rankein
Crossbow

How to get an account back?

Post by Rankein »

I've once again been absorbed by the magic of AoE3 and, of course, wish to get back into the multiplayer. However I can't remember my password, or email, for the lifwe of me. I do remember, and have, my game codes and account name.

Before coming here I tried using the Microsoft Support Recovery link https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... d-password, which directs you to https://esoaccounts.agecommunity.comESO Account Management Tool which does not work. When I try to recover from within the game it simply says [100] Retrieve Hint Failed'

Any help on this matter will be appreciated.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: How to get an account back?

Post by edeholland »

Why does the Account Management Tool not work?

We had somebody reporting the same thing last week, here: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=14786 and he made a typo. Perhaps you should double check the 2 codes you have entered. Make sure you use the base game with no expansions and you use the game you used to create the account.
No Flag Rankein
Crossbow

Post by Rankein »

By not working, I mean I literally cannot get onto the link. Here's a Print Screen of it. https://i.imgur.com/enVKUTC.png I never had the chance to enter any codes at all.

Thank you for the insanely quick reply btw.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Ah yes, that's becaues the website isn't HTTPS (you can see that in the top of your screen, in the URL bar). Chrome tells you the website isn't safe because of that, but if you trust the website (which you probably can unless it's hacked) you can click on "proceed" on the bottom.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah, the website's certificate has expired, but it still works same as before if you just click through the notice and proceed. Note that you will need access to the original email account, otherwise there's no way the tool can send you a password reset.
No Flag Rankein
Crossbow

Post by Rankein »

Alright, so I managed to get onto the website, and yet, it says I do not have an account associated with it.

As such, I went to AOE1 to create an account and said I had an error 101. So I went to the link provided, and it said that I already created an account on the key.

Any ideas?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

If you have the digital version of the game and have reinstalled the game since creating an account, recovery tool will not work, I'm afraid.

Otherwise, double check you've entered the details properly and you are using your base game vanilla product key.