Can i delete?

Germany oO_Chief_Oo
Musketeer
ESO: S77XN

Can i delete?

Post by oO_Chief_Oo »

I recently deinstalled my whole aoe3 stuff, concluding all the mods i had, to fix lagg issue(which worked).
During reinstalling i found out i saved the stuff before on volume C , which is my SSD Drive and have it now saved on my 1TB volume D
After the process i checked whether all the old files on VolumeC were deleted and found out there was a MicrosoftGames/Age of Empires III folder left containing dataPY.bar and other patch stuff.
Can i delete this one after i checked that there are same called files now installed on VolumeD or is it still important for the game?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Can i delete?

Post by momuuu »

You can probably delete it. I think files like that are usually mod left overs.
Germany oO_Chief_Oo
Musketeer
ESO: S77XN

Can i delete?

Post by oO_Chief_Oo »

jerom wrote:You can probably delete it. I think files like that are usually mod left overs.
K ty also thought about this
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Can i delete?

Post by momuuu »

chief wrote:
jerom wrote:You can probably delete it. I think files like that are usually mod left overs.
K ty also thought about this

im no authority on technical shit tho. But I do think some mod files stayed when I deinstalled the game. Cant imagine any importabt files being on c when you installed the game on d.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Can i delete?

Post by musketeer925 »

Yeah, its safe to delete, those patch files were simply not removed because the original uninstaller didn't know about the patch files (which is bad design on ES's part, uninstallers of things that will receive patches should keep logs of new files and delete them).