Accidentally put my dad's AND my cd key to MY ESO account

No Flag jgaltrearden
Crossbow

Post by jgaltrearden »

Now my dad cannot use his cd key to make a online account.

How can I fix this so I can play with my dad who is very far away?

Thank you for your help
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

If you put in 2 CD keys, didn't you make 2 accounts? If not, I think you need the script to clear your registry. There is a link for it, im sure someone will post it. Anyway when you run that script it clears you registry and you can try one of the CD keys. If it lets you make a new account great, if not then runthe script again to clear the registry and try the other CD key. You should be able to make another account and tell the username and password to your dad
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Scripts are at the bottom of the page. They are specifically for Windows 7 but I just checked the Registry entries and it appears that they should also work for Win 8 or Win 10 too. You use these, however, at your own risk.

http://www.agecommunity.com/101.aspx
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

The risk here is having to reinstall right?

What you should do is use this fix to try both CD keys. A CD key is only used when you register an account, not when you log in. So if you only made one account then one of your CD keys would still work.
No Flag jgaltrearden
Crossbow

Post by jgaltrearden »

Well I think the problem is with the ESO servers. My game is the steam version and his is a retail copy. I installed steam version and made the eso account, but then I somehow ran the retail version the next day and when I signed into my ESO account it associated the retail version CD key to my same ESO account so I have two CD keys tried to the same ESO account and now my dad cant use his retail CD key to make his ESO account because it is "already in use" by my eso account.

I figure I need to talk to someone at ESO? the game is already installed and working on both of our computers. Its only connection of his retial version to the ESO servers that is the problem.

Edit: Forgot to say thank y'all for helping out!! This is such a bummer!
No Flag aufwiedersehen
Musketeer

Post by aufwiedersehen »

jgaltrearden wrote:Well I think the problem is with the ESO servers. My game is the steam version and his is a retail copy. I installed steam version and made the eso account, but then I somehow ran the retail version the next day and when I signed into my ESO account it associated the retail version CD key to my same ESO account so I have two CD keys tried to the same ESO account and now my dad cant use his retail CD key to make his ESO account because it is "already in use" by my eso account.

I figure I need to talk to someone at ESO? the game is already installed and working on both of our computers. Its only connection of his retial version to the ESO servers that is the problem.

Edit: Forgot to say thank y''all for helping out!! This is such a bummer!

I''ve never seen this happen but your chance of getting in contact with someone for eso is little to Zero, your probably going to have to pay for the game again got a new Cd Code. It sucks but it''s only 40$ right? Not likes it a 100$ game. You could also wait for the next steam sale.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Uninstall AOE3, open regedit, delete DigitalProductID which is located in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoft Microsoft GamesAge of Empires 31.0
, reinstall AOE3 through steam and it should use your stream product key.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

jgaltrearden wrote:Well I think the problem is with the ESO servers. My game is the steam version and his is a retail copy.
Steam stores the keys for its games on its servers. Wipe all versions of both the Steam and Retail copies of the game from both computers (make sure to follow my complete removal instructions) then reinstall the retail game on only one computer, using the retail CD Key and reinstall the Steam version only on the other computer (Steam will automatically use its key). If you installed both versions on one computer at the same time its probably why you ran into this problem.

For Steam, uninstall via the Steam service then go to step 1b below.

For the retail game:

If the game (or a demo) has been previously installed, use Revo uninstaller to remove it.

Alternate manual uninstall

If Revo cant find the game or you have already tried to uninstall the game via the control panel then do the following, otherwise proceed to step 3.

1. Manually remove the AOE III folders:

a. Remove the folder C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesAge of Empires III

Note that if you have a 32-bit OS there will be no (x86).

b. Remove the folder C:Users<'your log-in name>'DocumentsMy GamesAge of Empires 3

2. Use CCleaner to remove any left-over registry entries (Note: remove only those entries pertaining to AOE III.)

3. Use Temp File Cleaner to remove temporary files.

http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstall ... 87648.html
http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/fi ... -oldtimer/