Got stuck in windowed mode? Heres how you fix it.

No Flag FallenPhantomX
Crossbow

Re: Got stuck in windowed mode? Heres how you fix it.

Post by FallenPhantomX »

Hey, im seaching through all the users (1,2and 3) but i cannot find any .xml files, only LastProfile.dat and Newprofile (this is for user). Lastprofile2.dat and Newprofile2(for user2). LastProfile3.dat and NewProfile3(for user 3)

Any Help would be apprieceated. :sad:
No Flag HammadSA
Crossbow

Post by HammadSA »

i did change the window mode via the xml file. However, after that it still didnt work and on starting the game the following error came:
Direct3D initialization failed. possible causes etc etc.
Any help?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

This doesn't work for me. When I try the stuff in the first post I either get a shitty resolution I can't change or I'm in windowed mode and can't change it to fullscreen.

I can't play in windowed mode cause then the cursor always moves over to my 2nd monitor whenever I go right.

Any other possible solutions?
India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: guyshir

Post by guyshir »

Lukas_L99 wrote:This doesn't work for me. When I try the stuff in the first post I either get a shitty resolution I can't change or I'm in windowed mode and can't change it to fullscreen.

I can't play in windowed mode cause then the cursor always moves over to my 2nd monitor whenever I go right.

Duplicate the display rather than extending?
Alt+enter should get you on full screen tho.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

guyshir wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:This doesn't work for me. When I try the stuff in the first post I either get a shitty resolution I can't change or I'm in windowed mode and can't change it to fullscreen.

Duplicate the display rather than extending?
Alt+enter should get you on full screen tho.

Well if I duplicate the display then I can't watch stuff on the 2nd monitor while playing for example :D
And alt+enter sadly gives a fatal error and the game crashes.

It's so weird, it used to work before but now I just can't get rid of the windowed mode anymore.
United States of America Dragon991429
Crossbow

Post by Dragon991429 »

@Skirmisher I'm still having issues. It doesn't matter if it says false or true in that code spot. I've changed it many times and it still won't let me leave the window mode. The full res won't get big enough to fill the screen either.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@Dragon991429 if the full res isn't big enough it is not the full res
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Crossbow

Post by Dragon991429 »

@Skirmisher I know that's why it is frustrating. And when I uncheck the window view button, it says it is still in window view. It is just stuck like everybody was saying. It may be because I am playing it off of my usb, my laptop does not have a disc drive. I am going to try to reinstall it this weekend and hope it works.
Crossbow

Post by Dragon991429 »

@Skirmisher This might also help. I am having the exact same issues as @Lukas_L99. alt+enter gives the fatal error and when the screen thinks it enters full screen mode, its stuck on the left side and my desktop is exposed on the whole right half. Only difference between the two is I can't change where the screen is like in widow mode. It is stuck on the left side with window no borders.

Might be related but might not, the game tells me that there is an issue with the installation now since I tried the true to false thing on the first post. It says "There's an issue with the installation and you might need to reinstall the game."
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

it is normal that the window is borderless and thus not movable.
i also get fatal error when doing alt + enter sometimes or when changing any graphics settings (be it vsync, color space, windowed, resolution)

however for me changing this setting or any other setting in newprofile file will work good. perhaps you should try to install the game properly and see if that helps
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Spain Dizayloy16
Crossbow
ESO: Santiago Matamoros

Post by Dizayloy16 »

"
HammadSA wrote:i did change the window mode via the xml file. However, after that it still didnt work and on starting the game the following error came:
Direct3D initialization failed. possible causes etc etc.
Any help?
" HammadSA

Exactly the same thing happens to me, someone has a solution. :roll:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

@Dizayloy16 no idea man, sometimes my game gets stuck too. i just try the various ways of changing the settings, maybe even remove the settings file, and eventually it returns to normal