Yet another 'failed to join' issue

No Flag Babri
Crossbow

Re: Yet another 'failed to join' issue

Post by Babri »

r4go wrote:Not right, ping is important more than your speed, it shows how your connection lag, if it's runing is stable or not. Whit 72 of ping, it means you have a lot of lag and losting of internet packing, this game you anable to join in age, age is old server, better, an old kind of server, if you don't have a linear and not laggy connection you will not join in games. If you can try a netgear router, one of the last type. And you have a 2 mega, that is very low, uploads is ok, but you can't use skype or other programs while you are playing. Then if you are on 2 mega, i suppose your connection is a 7 mega right??

I don't Skype or other net heavy tasks when gaming obviously. And my connection is 2 Mbps which is a decent speed for me. Anyway I did the speed test again & this time the ping was 52ms. I am not convinced that the ping is the reason for 'Failed to Join' though.

Edit : I tried AOE 2 HD online and I did get Failed to Join in a couple of games, though I was still able to join some games, unlike AOE3 where I get FTJ in 99% cases. Quite possible that you are right & the problem is actually with my internet connection. I'll see what I can do to fix it, perhaps connecting my PC directly to the modem could improve it instead of using an intermediate router.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

The last Step you say, could be a good idea dude
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

Post by PoniPoika »

In addition to what has been said already, make sure you don't have your IP jumping around. To check if that's the problem, just run ipconfig and make sure you have the ipv4 address as the address you use port forwarding for. If this helps, you either need to set up a static ip or periodically check your settings are correct. This can be a particular issue if you are using a router with multiple devices routinely using it. PM me or reply here if you need more help.
No Flag aenna
Musketeer

Post by aenna »

r4go wrote:the ping is horrible :D try to change router, this give to much bad ping

72ms is fine for a 2mbps connection. None of your questions are related to the FTJ issue anyways. You also have to remember that you cannot get highspeed connects everywhere in the world. Out of city, even more so. Unless he's getting a high packet loss due to a faulty power supply, I highly doubt his router will affect his ping in any drastic measure.

PoniPoika wrote:In addition to what has been said already, make sure you don't have your IP jumping around. To check if that's the problem, just run ipconfig and make sure you have the ipv4 address as the address you use port forwarding for. If this helps, you either need to set up a static ip or periodically check your settings are correct. This can be a particular issue if you are using a router with multiple devices routinely using it. PM me or reply here if you need more help.

He posted all the details, it's setup as a static IP already. Even the dual router configuration is actually done correctly.

I'm just trying to remove any repetitiveness in this thread. Because it's not helping him with his issue.

Babri wrote:
r4go wrote:Not right, ping is important more than your speed, it shows how your connection lag, if it's runing is stable or not. Whit 72 of ping, it means you have a lot of lag and losting of internet packing, this game you anable to join in age, age is old server, better, an old kind of server, if you don't have a linear and not laggy connection you will not join in games. If you can try a netgear router, one of the last type. And you have a 2 mega, that is very low, uploads is ok, but you can't use skype or other programs while you are playing. Then if you are on 2 mega, i suppose your connection is a 7 mega right??

I don't Skype or other net heavy tasks when gaming obviously. And my connection is 2 Mbps which is a decent speed for me. Anyway I did the speed test again & this time the ping was 52ms. I am not convinced that the ping is the reason for 'Failed to Join' though.

Edit : I tried AOE 2 HD online and I did get Failed to Join in a couple of games, though I was still able to join some games, unlike AOE3 where I get FTJ in 99% cases. Quite possible that you are right & the problem is actually with my internet connection. I'll see what I can do to fix it, perhaps connecting my PC directly to the modem could improve it instead of using an intermediate router.

You said that your ports were marked as OPEN when using the port test tool, try again please. As if that is true, you shouldn't have the slightest issue joining any games. Does your ISP or router block peer to peer connections?

Although your setup seems to be 100% correct due to that you mentioned that the ports are forwarding, you can always test with a direct connection, that's generally a pretty good idea. Although if it works then, your ports could not have been forwarded, or your router is blocking peer to peer.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Fixed! All games are now available to me!

This is how I fixed everything :

5 Steps:

1) ask cmd on windows and type "ipconfig"
2) Now you know your default gateway, paste it on google Url (almost of the cases, it's 192.168.1.1/192.168.1.2)
3) insert username and password (should be admin-admin/admin-password).
4) Go on portforwarding/toolbox then game sharing and application. It basically depends from router, anyway open TCP and UDP ports, there. They both require 2300-2310 and 80, so you can use "Any" as protocol. Sometimes, could happens you need a bigger range of ports, so you will type 2300-2340/2300-2400 instead of 2300-2310.
5) You must assign your game/application to your device and have a Static Ip.

This is a guide pretty similar to other one you can find on google, anyway those are the steps i followed and now it finally works. By the way, you need also to turn off your antivirus and allow Aoe3 on firewall.

Some routers won't work but it's a rare case. Fortunately wasn't my situation.

Aenna is expert about this stuff, check his guide ! I hope to helped you guys!

If you are too lazy or don't know how to forward eso ports manually, check this "http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/download"

or just go here "http://portforward.com/"
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Marco1698 wrote:Fixed! All games are now available to me!

This is how I fixed everything :

5 Steps:

1) ask cmd on windows and type "ipconfig"
2) Now you know your default gateway, paste it on google Url (almost of the cases, it's 192.168.1.1/192.168.1.2)
3) insert username and password (should be admin-admin/admin-password).
4) Go on portforwarding/toolbox then game sharing and application. It basically depends from router, anyway open TCP and UDP ports, there. They both require 2300-2310 and 80, so you can use "Any" as protocol. Sometimes, could happens you need a bigger range of ports, so you will type 2300-2340/2300-2400 instead of 2300-2310.
5) You must assign your game/application to your device and have a Static Ip.

This is a guide pretty similar to other one you can find on google, anyway those are the steps i followed and now it finally works. By the way, you need also to turn off your antivirus and allow Aoe3 on firewall.

Some routers won't work but it's a rare case. Fortunately wasn't my situation.

Aenna is expert about this stuff, check his guide ! I hope to helped you guys!

If you are too lazy or don't know how to forward eso ports manually, check this "http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/download"

or just go here "http://portforward.com/"

Awesome post, nice to hear this. Look forward to seeing you online marco!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

aenna wrote:You said that your ports were marked as OPEN when using the port test tool, try again please. As if that is true, you shouldn't have the slightest issue joining any games. Does your ISP or router block peer to peer connections?

Although your setup seems to be 100% correct due to that you mentioned that the ports are forwarding, you can always test with a direct connection, that's generally a pretty good idea. Although if it works then, your ports could not have been forwarded, or your router is blocking peer to peer.

I have my ports successfully open, but I get FTJ on 90% of games. Considering what you wrote, let's assume that P2P is blocked. How would one allow P2P? Also, if P2P was blocked, would we not fail to join 100% of games instead? And not be able to download things via µTorrent?
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

You should consider the DMZ thing.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:You should consider the DMZ thing.

I think DMZ is disabled on my router. Can't find it.
Pay more attention to detail.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Let's revive this thread again! I have moved into a new place, and I have ftj issues on ESO. My ports should be forwarded, I am stuck and need help. Thanks!
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Start by double checking that your port forwarding was done correctly: https://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 80.
Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 2300.
Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP ports that are in the range of 2300 to 2310 from your router to the computer that is hosting the game.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

tabben wrote:Start by double checking that your port forwarding was done correctly: https://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 80.
Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 2300.
Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP ports that are in the range of 2300 to 2310 from your router to the computer that is hosting the game.

I guess TCP was at 2300-2310 and it wasn't working, thanks for reminding me. I hope it goes well now

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

In other news, my router is so bad that it simply doesn't allow me to link the app with the assigned ports to my laptop. Should I consider buying a new router?

India MajorPratap
Crossbow
ESO: MajorPratap

Re: Yet another 'failed to join issue

Post by MajorPratap »

There was a connection problem. Make sure you are connected to the internet and can access http://www.eso.com with you Web browser. "

Thats the messages i get every time im trying to log into ESO Multiplayer in Age Of Empires III.

I never had the problem before, i do have internet connection.

What to do?
Is it ESO down? ( 11-12 August 2019 )

Cheers.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

MajorPratap wrote:There was a connection problem. Make sure you are connected to the internet and can access http://www.eso.com with you Web browser. "

Thats the messages i get every time im trying to log into ESO Multiplayer in Age Of Empires III.

What to do?

Cheers.

Indeed eso dropped a few hours ago

India MajorPratap
Crossbow

Post by MajorPratap »

Any update ? Is it still down ? When ll it be up ?
India MajorPratap
Crossbow

Post by MajorPratap »

BrookG wrote:
MajorPratap wrote:There was a connection problem. Make sure you are connected to the internet and can access http://www.eso.com with you Web browser. "

What to do?

Cheers.

Indeed eso dropped a few hours ago

Any update ? Is it still down ? When ll it be up ?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

It's not down, sounds like you have a firewall blocking it.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
India MajorPratap
Crossbow

Post by MajorPratap »

EAGLEMUT wrote:It's not down, sounds like you have a firewall blocking it.

Hi i have checked everything no firewall blocked no antivirus that i had done long back itself i was playing and able to login till last evening but since getting the same error even though my internet is working completely fine. Please help me with this issue.
Thank you
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hmm, perhaps try launching the game using EP Launcher and see if that helps.
India MajorPratap
Crossbow

Post by MajorPratap »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Hmm, perhaps try launching the game using EP Launcher and see if that helps.

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the.NET Framework: v4.0.30319
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

Thats the error i am getting while launching esoc patch.

I play aoe 3 on steam.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

I think I am finally on to something and I need real advise. My ISP is blocking port 80 from forwarding. Can I overcome that? If yes, how and if no, what should I do?

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

BrookG wrote:I think I am finally on to something and I need real advise. My ISP is blocking port 80 from forwarding. Can I overcome that? If yes, how and if no, what should I do?

Contact them and tell them to stop blocking it.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
BrookG wrote:I think I am finally on to something and I need real advise. My ISP is blocking port 80 from forwarding. Can I overcome that? If yes, how and if no, what should I do?
Contact them and tell them to stop blocking it.
On other news, they told me my port cannot be unblocked. He suggested I look for an alternative port or have a new router. In-before I see what I will do with a router, is there any alternative port forwarding that would work? 2300 and 2310 are open.

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

From what I know, the 2300 port can be overridden from game config, but the 80 can't. RIP