A: Check out this resource from Veni: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1161
Also check out this thread perhaps: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4484
Q: TAD stuck in loading screen/black loading screens?
A: Some people seem to be able to fix this be deleting their NewProfile3.xml in Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Users3\. Note that this may mess up your in-game settings (incl. hotkeys) so I'd recommend making a backup of it.
Q: I can't create an ESO account, error 101.phx
A: http://www.agecommunity.com/101.aspx Go to that link and click the scripts link at the bottom of the page. unzip and use the installer. Then the next time you launch the game it will prompt you for a cd key. Enter it and you should be able to create an account.
Q: When I try to log in, I get stuck on "Loading home cities".
A: It's probably Tuesday; Tuesday is maintenance day for AoE3 servers. That is why!
Q: I have issues resetting my password (or similar issues).
A: There are two options, either use this account tool: https://esoaccounts.agecommunity.com/lo ... fault.aspx
Or send a private message to BarbarossaBlade on http: http://forums.ageofempires.com/staff/
Q: My game downgraded in resolution, from 1080p to 720p. I tried to change the settings in game back to 1080p, but when I do that, the game automatically reset itself to 720p.
A: Solved the problem by activating ''disable display scaling on high DPI settings'' right click on the aoe3launcher.exe / properties / compatibility (you may need administrator rights for that).
Q: Is there a way for me to change the product key without having to reinstall the game on the Steam version of the game (new account creation)?
1. First you need to remove your old CD-key from your system. Run this registry script appropriate for your OS, found here: http://www.eso.com/101.aspx
2. Run vanilla AoE3 (must not be any expansion)
3. You should be asked for a CD-key now. Enter your new CD-key (you can find it on steam in Game library ->' select Aoe3 ->' select details on top right ->' select CD-key on the right)
4. Vanilla AoE3 should start now as normal if you typed the key correctly.
5. Connect to ESO, choose Create New Account, fill it and you''re done.
6. Now you can use both accounts freely.