FAQ about frequently encountered problems

France iNcog
Ninja

FAQ about frequently encountered problems

Post by iNcog »

Q: I have failed to join when I try to connect to other people on ESO. How do I fix?
A: Check out this resource from Veni: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1161
Also check out this thread perhaps: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4484

Q: TAD stuck in loading screen/black loading screens?
A: Some people seem to be able to fix this be deleting their NewProfile3.xml in Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Users3\. Note that this may mess up your in-game settings (incl. hotkeys) so I'd recommend making a backup of it.

Q: I can't create an ESO account, error 101.phx
A: http://www.agecommunity.com/101.aspx Go to that link and click the scripts link at the bottom of the page. unzip and use the installer. Then the next time you launch the game it will prompt you for a cd key. Enter it and you should be able to create an account.
Source: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4136

Q: When I try to log in, I get stuck on "Loading home cities".
A: It's probably Tuesday; Tuesday is maintenance day for AoE3 servers. That is why!

Q: I have issues resetting my password (or similar issues).
A: There are two options, either use this account tool: https://esoaccounts.agecommunity.com/lo ... fault.aspx
Or send a private message to BarbarossaBlade on http: http://forums.ageofempires.com/staff/

Q: My game downgraded in resolution, from 1080p to 720p. I tried to change the settings in game back to 1080p, but when I do that, the game automatically reset itself to 720p.
A: Solved the problem by activating ''disable display scaling on high DPI settings'' right click on the aoe3launcher.exe / properties / compatibility (you may need administrator rights for that).

Q: Is there a way for me to change the product key without having to reinstall the game on the Steam version of the game (new account creation)?
A:
1. First you need to remove your old CD-key from your system. Run this registry script appropriate for your OS, found here: http://www.eso.com/101.aspx
2. Run vanilla AoE3 (must not be any expansion)
3. You should be asked for a CD-key now. Enter your new CD-key (you can find it on steam in Game library ->' select Aoe3 ->' select details on top right ->' select CD-key on the right)
4. Vanilla AoE3 should start now as normal if you typed the key correctly.
5. Connect to ESO, choose Create New Account, fill it and you''re done.
6. Now you can use both accounts freely.

[spoiler=spoiler]

Code: Select all

[size=150][b]Q:[/b][/size]
[size=150][b]A:[/b][/size]
[hr][/hr]

Credits:
EAGLEMUT
Musketeer925
AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE[/spoiler]
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Portugal gosmi
Crossbow

Re: FAQ about frequently encountered problems

Post by gosmi »

Hello, Im new on Eso, I just bought the game yesterday, and today im trying to playing it and I can't!
Reason : I tried to install patch all oke, after that I run eso patch and its says My Visual C++ is not correct installed ...
I tried to install manual, and unistall and error still presist's ..
Howerver, I started the game through the steam, all oke .. But inside when Im trying to connect with account I created it says bad username or password ... I try to change password its gives me error 100 !
Please help me !
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

maybe ask on steam forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/105450/discussions/

the reason is that this might be an issue with steam cd keys or something

also check out this tool: https://esoaccounts.agecommunity.com/lo ... fault.aspx

Finally, did you run age of empires 3 complete collection (vanilla, no expansions) before trying to create an account? that is where you get your cd key from
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

gosmi wrote:Hello, Im new on Eso, I just bought the game yesterday, and today im trying to playing it and I can't!
Reason : I tried to install patch all oke, after that I run eso patch and its says My Visual C++ is not correct installed ...
I tried to install manual, and unistall and error still presist's ..
Howerver, I started the game through the steam, all oke .. But inside when Im trying to connect with account I created it says bad username or password ... I try to change password its gives me error 100 !
Please help me !

Not sure if you know, but you create a username for eso, that is separate and different, not connected to your steam username.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

I created another account with the steam version and it works flawlessly. Just install, launch aoe vanilla (not TAD) go to ESO and create new account.
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

Hey - Can you help with this one? Error 100 - bad CD key.
I just bought the "Complete Collection" on CDs. Unstalled the game and then resinstalled using the new CDs.
When I try to create a new account I am prompted with Error 100 bad CD key.
I talked to the place I purchased it, and they send me a new box, but the problem persists.

Any clues?
Is there a way to ensure 100% uninstall? - I am thinking there may be some files left causing this
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@crjensen4 We've been over this man ;) http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1069&p=18282#p18261

Edit: Hold on, did I hear "box"? You shouldn't buy the boxed version, some of the CD keys released there are actually faulty and nonfunctional. Get the digital Steam version.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07

Post by crjensen4 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:@crjensen4 We've been over this man ;) http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1069&p=18282#p18261

Edit: Hold on, did I hear "box"? You shouldn't buy the boxed version, some of the CD keys released there are actually faulty and nonfunctional. Get the digital Steam version.

wow good memory Eaglemut. Well I never got steam to work, nor did I get the key clean up thing to work. So I decided to go get a box - yup that old school and apparently that Computer illiterate :sad: I guess I will ask to get my money back and dump the two boxes in the trash.
AND then - see if I can't find someone to show me how to get steam working - and then buy an account there. Will my CRJensen4 account work there?

Thanks for helping an old computer illiterate fool out :P
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

crjensen4 wrote:Well I never got steam to work
You need to manage to launch it once to retrieve the CD key bought there. Afterwards, you can just close it and never look back (which is what I recommend).

crjensen4 wrote:nor did I get the key clean up thing to work
This part is crucial, no number of reinstalling will remove the old key from registry. What goes wrong? If you never removed some old key in your registry, the keys from boxes might not be at fault!

crjensen4 wrote:Will my CRJensen4 account work there?
You existing ESO account? Yeah, there is no actual difference in the "Steam version" of the game. There's no need to even install the game again.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07

Post by crjensen4 »

Thanks! I will try to use the cleanup tool and hope to get it up and running. I appreciate your help.
No Flag rodr_o
Crossbow

Post by rodr_o »

My fix to FTJ:
Windows firewall exeption for all aoe3 .exes, since I have router and modem had to port forward ports TCP 80, TCP/UDP 2300-2310 in the router, but the modem was locked by ISP and it was blocking all ports, so also had to call ISP to unlock the modem.
No Flag kanda
Crossbow
ESO: kanda

Post by kanda »

bonjour !
suite a une mise a jour steam , et j ai aussi ete voir mes reslutions d affichage sans rien changer .
je me connecte apres plusieurs jours a mon compte aoe ...mes options graphics sont revenues a 0, mon compte n est plus enregistre. je commence une patie online et toutes les cities sont a lvl 10. je ne vois plus les stats de ma metropole...et a chaque reconection , ca revient a 0... que se passe t il , que faire ... help ;

Edited by Kao for translation :

Hi !
After a steam update, and i also checked my resolution settings without changing anything.
I connected after several days to my aoe account... my graphic options are back to 0, my account is no more saved. I start an online game and all my homecites are lvl 10. I can't see anymore my stats and after each reconnetion, everything is back to 0 again. What's happening ? What can I do ? Please help.
Netherlands Zybert
Crossbow
ESO: ijsbrand

Unspecific error when crying tot creatie a new civ

Post by Zybert »

Hello, I get a unspecific error when trying tot create a new civ. This problem started after downloading the latest esoc patch. Does anyone have a way to fix this?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Re: Unspecific error when crying tot creatie a new civ

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Zybert wrote:Hello, I get a unspecific error when trying tot create a new civ. This problem started after downloading the latest esoc patch. Does anyone have a way to fix this?

This error typically means you have either reached the maximum number of homecities or you're trying to create one with disallowed characters.
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Also i think if you try to create a new home city with the same name as a previous one you get 'unspecified erreror'

Edit: yup just tried and this is the case for online home cities
Netherlands MariusDaniel
Crossbow
ESO: Dschinghis Khan

please help with install

Post by MariusDaniel »

hello i bought this game yesterday, and after installation, when i press play , it says: initialization Failed, Could not load DATAPY.BAR PLEASE i beg you smart onnes :) i7, 6gb invidia, 16 gb ram, sssd ,Win10 Pro, fresh installed, and everything updated ! thank you
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Re: please help with install

Post by kami_ryu »

MariusDaniel wrote:hello i bought this game yesterday, and after installation, when i press play , it says: initialization Failed, Could not load DATAPY.BAR PLEASE i beg you smart onnes :) i7, 6gb invidia, 16 gb ram, sssd ,Win10 Pro, fresh installed, and everything updated ! thank you
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1953

try dis