Graphical issue

No Flag tqhuy1811
Crossbow

Graphical issue

Post by tqhuy1811 »

Here is the problem,

I've just bought a new laptop with an Nvidia geforce 840M graphics card,core I7 and windows 8. Upon starting AoE 3, just downloaded on steam, I get the error message:

Age of Empires III requires at least a 64 MB video card. This computer appears to have a 32 MB video card. If you wish to upgrade your computer, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.

System information: 2600 MHz, 8096 MB, 32 MB

I have installed the latest driver and tried to aoe3 run with Nvidia processor but it still doesn't work.

Please help
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Re: Graphical issue

Post by forgrin »

Sounds like the game is running on your integrated graphics chip rather than on your dedicated card. You need to switch it in the Nvidia control panel.

Edit: I see you said you tried to run it with the Nvidia processor, does this mean you changed the setting in the Nvidia control panel or not?
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Uninstall your current video drivers and use driver sweeper from my sig to remove the drivers remains (only the video drivers) and then install a fresh copy of the drivers (the latest drivers).
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I had a 740m that could run the game easily, so dont worry that you bought a laptop that wont be able to. Can you ignore the message and still play?
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Jerom wrote:I had a 740m that could run the game easily, so dont worry that you bought a laptop that wont be able to. Can you ignore the message and still play?

You can't ignore the message, it doesn't let you start the game. Try running aoe on your integrated card, you'll get the same issue.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP