"Failed To Join Game"

No Flag frankfrat
Crossbow

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by frankfrat »

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
I have Port Ranged Forward Ports 2300-2310 UDP and TCP, I have also Single Port Forwarded Port 80 UDP and TCP. I also have my Mac OS X Firewall turned off in system preferences. Yet I am still receiving this error, so is there anything else I to do or did I just port forward wrong? PLEASE HELP!
France iNcog
Ninja

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by iNcog »

Give yourself a static IP and try a couple of different ones
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag frankfrat
Crossbow

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by frankfrat »

I gave myself a static ip in the system preferences menu of my mac OS X, but it seems like the ports are just not forwarded because I can still not connect to games. My current stacic IP is 192.168.1.45, which is my IPV4 address.
Attachments
ScreenShot2015-05-10at10.24.18AM.png
ScreenShot2015-05-10at10.24.05AM.png
ScreenShot2015-05-10at10.23.45AM.png
No Flag frankfrat
Crossbow

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by frankfrat »

Above are screenshots of my port forwarding settings can anyone tell me if I did this correctly or I need to edit some options? Also if you need additional screenshots or info to help me just ask! (:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Your router settings seem correct, assuming you also did correctly set the static ip. It is unfortunately possible that you just cannot fix this problem on your end. You could try to contact your ISP about the issue, tell them what ports you need open and hope they can fix it.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag frankfrat
Crossbow

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by frankfrat »

I play on the normal ESO server you get from downloading the game off steam, I also randomly put in the application name did not know it matter, would i still put Age3,exe even if i play off steam through wineskin winery?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by Mitoe »

If I recall correctly, you installed the game via Steam, so if you right click on the "play" option it should give you a list of options to play either "Age of Empires III" (Vanilla), "The Warchiefs," or "The Asian Dynasties." Something like that anyway, I don't use Steam so I'm not entirely sure how that works. As for the failed to join issue... I know nothing about fixing this kind of issue. However, I will say that I have this issue whenever I'm on my parents' connection, even though it's port forwarded and everything: for some reason on this connection I just have to restart my game every 15-30 minutes that I'm not playing and just waiting in the lobby or else I'll fail with every single person.

Fun fact, by the way, you don't need to restart your game to fix normal FTJ issues (those not related to port forwarding), just log out of ESO, go to multiplayer > LAN, play and host a LAN game, then go back and log into ESO again. Works the same as restarting. Perhaps this is your issue @frankfrat, though I don't have a permanent solution to your problem as I'm experiencing the same. =S
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by drumal »

same problem.. nobody give sh*t I bought that game and i can?t play it at all
No Flag epiccheater
Musketeer

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by epiccheater »

Buying a new router will do the job (other solutions didn't work for me)
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by rsy »

epiccheater wrote:Buying a new router will do the job
So damn the poor guy who waited for a century to buy the game on sale and took his sister''s 5th hand router right!
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by drumal »

Yop, tried every tip found online, nothing work :(

Still about 95% of games give me "failed to join"
One thing: if I do restart my router for at least 60 sec then i can join still to just about 95% of games BUT not to games which let me join before.. so much random there
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by princeofkabul »

epiccheater wrote:Buying a new router will do the job (other solutions didn''t work for me)

This one resolved the problem for me also.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by medinos »

Go to torrent options and go to prefferences and set 3200 PORT fixed my problem...
No Flag StarFox_
Musketeer

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by StarFox_ »

yeah that's a router issue.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by momuuu »

A heads up when buying a new router: A more expensive one will probably give you more troubles. Also avoid thompson routers (or however it is spelled), those give the most troubles in my experience.

A thing you could try if you are desperate, is to sit on the home page when you log in and don't click anything and just wait for 10-20 minutes. I have no idea why this should work, but I know a guy who is convinced this works and does this every single time. Maybe it's worth giving it a shot.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by Papist »

drumal wrote:same problem.. nobody give sh*t I bought that game and i can?t play it at all
There''s nothing Microsoft can do on their end - you have to fix your stuff to play the game.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by zoom »

princeofkabul wrote:
epiccheater wrote:Buying a new router will do the job (other solutions didnt work for me)
This one resolved the problem for me also.
Some manufacturers are simply for networking hardware what Ryzon is for networking software: Useless jizz-rags.

Surely the above must be protected within the constitution of the United States of Mancl??
No Flag zbola
Musketeer

"Failed To Join Game"

Post by zbola »

Someone help him on Teamviewer.