Can't Connect to Games

United States of America Smyrna
Musketeer
ESO: M3RL1N_

Can't Connect to Games

Post by Smyrna »

Game installed. Had everything set-up but when I tried to join games it always failed. Tried multiple games. Firewall is off. Any ideas?
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Re: Can't Connect to Games

Post by Durokan »

Smyrna wrote:Game installed. Had everything set-up but when I tried to join games it always failed. Tried multiple games. Firewall is off. Any ideas?

I would suggest posting this in the tech support forums. Can you be more specific to as to what is happening? (include screenshots, write out any error messages, etc, are you using ESO, gameranger, voobly, etc?)
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag aenna
Musketeer

Post by aenna »

Smyrna wrote:Game installed. Had everything set-up but when I tried to join games it always failed. Tried multiple games. Firewall is off. Any ideas?

You need to port forward ports 2300-2310. Your rotuer doesn't seem to support UPNP well, this is very common nowadays with newer routers.

Follow these instructions : http://portforward.com/english/applicat ... pires_III/
Musketeer

Post by Smyrna »

Hey again- Really confused bu this ports thing. You sure that is it??

I open Nilla, click multiplayer, log into eso, make it to the games list, and whenever I click on a game it says connecting but after a few seconds says failed to connect.

Now, I do not know what kind of router is being used here. I amusing WIFI from a Buddhist Monastary in Nepal. Help is appreciated.
Musketeer

Post by Smyrna »

Not spending $40 on something idk what even is or if I need.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

I ussualy go relog when stuff like this happens after 3-4 games I always get Failed To Join..
Since I don't have that port forwarding option in my modem...
Canada flybustier
Crossbow

Post by flybustier »

Hi

I have been playing on ESO since early winter and have had no problems at all as far as the connection is concerned. I have not changed my router or their settings and tonight while browsing the lobby I get the error message saying that I lost network connectivity. I relaunch the game and boom I can't connect to any games. It's not the port on the router because it was working fine.
Musketeer

Post by Smyrna »

So HOW DO WE FIX?????????????
Musketeer

Post by Smyrna »

Update: Managed to join a 1 v 1 on TAD before wifi dropped out. Have not been able to recnnect to any games since. If II had a proxy problem or w.e. was described above I should not have been able to join ANY games. I was able to join 1 on TAD. Help plz
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Maybe a stupid question, but have you updated the game? When you get the menu where you choose single or multiplayer? you click on options - in the next menu you click on "update"
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

If he had old patch he would have CRC Mismatch error. In his case, the problem is in his internet.
No Flag aenna
Musketeer

Post by aenna »

Smyrna wrote:Update: Managed to join a 1 v 1 on TAD before wifi dropped out. Have not been able to recnnect to any games since. If II had a proxy problem or w.e. was described above I should not have been able to join ANY games. I was able to join 1 on TAD. Help plz

That's not true. There's always a chance you can connect without port forwarding. One packet could have been hole punched, afterwards they will all come through.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

aenna wrote:
Smyrna wrote:Update: Managed to join a 1 v 1 on TAD before wifi dropped out. Have not been able to recnnect to any games since. If II had a proxy problem or w.e. was described above I should not have been able to join ANY games. I was able to join 1 on TAD. Help plz

That's not true. There's always a chance you can connect without port forwarding. One packet could have been hole punched, afterwards they will all come through.

Hmm, sounds interesting, can you perhaps explain that further? I tried to read it up on wiki, but don't really understand how could it happen randomly.
In my experience, there are only certain players I can connect to without port forwarding, and I can connect to them always (but it's like 15% of players).

@Smyrna , your issues certainly do sound like a port forwarding problem to me, since I have the same thing happening. If you have no control over the router, I think there's not much you can do unfortunately.

@flybustier sounds like your internet provider blocked the ports and it's not working since. Try to contact them about the issue. Well, perhaps first try to restart everything and see if that helps (router/pc).
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Use VPN, it should solve the problem. It worked for me when I had such a problematic router (I had no access to router settings) and it is working for my friends.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

You fix it by forwarding your ports. That's how you fix it.

If you cant then VPN might work? But games will lag a ton probably. Also VPN only would work if somehow it is covering your port issue for you.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Depends on what VPN service and server you use, some will lag a lot, some won't lag at all.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Check out the starter dude guide which should be in left sidebar. it's a pdf written by veni vidi vici and it's got a section about failed to join
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

the guide doesn't rly have much information; it's only talking about port-forwarding which won't help people who do not have this feature in their router settings or if it just does not work for them.