How can i configurate port forwarding for play online?

Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

How can i configurate port forwarding for play online?

Post by NekoBerk »

Today, my internet's company just installed me a fiber optic and they changed my router for a new one, then today i was testing how fast it goes, and it has 50Mbps downloading speed, but i was trying to play on ESO and i couldn't, i guess that everybody knows that famous "failed to join" , well, i was trying to open ports in my router, but i don't know how, or i don't know if i opened the port and just it isn't working, but well, here is a pic of my configuration:

i hope that you can help me :P, on GameRanger it works really good and fast! but i like more play on ESO
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: How can i configurate port forwarding for play online?

Post by lordraphael »

just go on youtube and watch a tutorial
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Did you try to turn on UPnP?

I think it's on yet @_NiceKING_
Attachments
Sin título.jpg

"And we hate po-po
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Your forwarding settings don't seem correct to me, I find it unlikely that your local Host IP Address is the same as WAN IP Address. I suspect the address you're putting in all the fields is the WAN address, but not the local IP address of your host computer.
To get your local IP address, you can open Network and Sharing Center -> click on your active connection (near the "Connections:") -> open "Details.." and there you should see your address in the "IPv4 Address" field.

You should also forward these ports for both TCP and UDP. Furthermore, you may need to forward TCP port 80 as well. Not sure if the selected setting "WAN Connection" is correct, maybe you need to select "Internet" there.

Another problem is that your local IP address is most likely dynamic, controlled by DHCP. To make your IP address static, you need to go into the connection details I mentioned before and write down all the stuff there. Once you do that, close the Details window and instead open Properties -> Protocol IP version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties and enter everything you wrote down into the fields. This will make your IP static so you don't have to change your port forwarding every time your local IP decides to change..

Good luck, port forwarding is tough.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

The easiest way by far is to activate the 'demilitarized zone' (DMZ) host setting for your device's dynamic local IP (DIP), meaning that it is exempted from the router's firewall and all ports opened for it. As administrator of your local network, you can do this in the network settings configuration (featured in your screen-shot). To find out your device's DIP, open the start menu, type "cmd" and hit enter to launch the program. Then type "ipconfig" and hit enter. The "IPv4 Address" is the DIP of your device. As implied by the name, it is not static and is subject to change from time to time; especially if the Router is rebooted.

As long as you have anti-virus software installed on your system this is highly unlikely to pose a security threat. If you need any help configuring your router, please consult your ISP. For a comprehensive guide, please see Portforward
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Note that activating DMZ effectively forwards all ports, which is generally not a great idea if you value your computer's security. It can be a good idea to just test if using DMZ even fixes the problem, then turn it off and set up your port forwarding correctly. If DMZ doesn't help, the problem is probably somewhere else and port forwarding won't do anything either.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Note that activating DMZ effectively forwards all ports, which is generally not a great idea if you value your computer's security. It can be a good idea to just test if using DMZ even fixes the problem, then turn it off and set up your port forwarding correctly. If DMZ doesn't help, the problem is probably somewhere else and port forwarding won't do anything either.
I've been informed that for the average user, network ports are superfluous provided that anti-virus and firewall software is in place. I don't know much myself, but it seems reasonable enough.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

zoom wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Note that activating DMZ effectively forwards all ports, which is generally not a great idea if you value your computer's security. It can be a good idea to just test if using DMZ even fixes the problem, then turn it off and set up your port forwarding correctly. If DMZ doesn't help, the problem is probably somewhere else and port forwarding won't do anything either.
I've been informed that for the average user, network ports are superfluous provided that anti-virus and firewall software is in place. I don't know much myself, but it seems reasonable enough.

Hmm, I don't know enough about the subject either to directly contradict this, but from what I've googled, everyone claims it's very risky. The actual correct use of DMZ seems to be exposing a single computer to the outside internet and cutting it off from the rest of your network, so that it can't infect other computers in case it gets compromised. Also, assuming a user has proper anti-virus and firewall set up seems like a very strong assumption to me :!:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

MSE and Windows Firewall should have you covered, I understand.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Your forwarding settings don't seem correct to me, I find it unlikely that your local Host IP Address is the same as WAN IP Address. I suspect the address you're putting in all the fields is the WAN address, but not the local IP address of your host computer.
To get your local IP address, you can open Network and Sharing Center -> click on your active connection (near the "Connections:") -> open "Details.." and there you should see your address in the "IPv4 Address" field.

You should also forward these ports for both TCP and UDP. Furthermore, you may need to forward TCP port 80 as well. Not sure if the selected setting "WAN Connection" is correct, maybe you need to select "Internet" there.

Another problem is that your local IP address is most likely dynamic, controlled by DHCP. To make your IP address static, you need to go into the connection details I mentioned before and write down all the stuff there. Once you do that, close the Details window and instead open Properties -> Protocol IP version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties and enter everything you wrote down into the fields. This will make your IP static so you don't have to change your port forwarding every time your local IP decides to change..

Good luck, port forwarding is tough.

I did that you told me, and i edited my configuration, i don't know if it's good now, because it didn't fix the "fail to join" problem yet. The selected setting "Wan Connection" is the only option that i can pick there.
Attachments
Sin título.jpg

"And we hate po-po
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Confirm that you used your dynamic local IP as input:
To find out your device's DIP, open the start menu, type "cmd" and hit enter to launch the program. Then type "ipconfig" and hit enter. The "IPv4 Address" is the DIP of your device. As implied by the name, it is not static and is subject to change from time to time; especially if the Router is rebooted.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

If you can't choose anything else there, then I guess it's correct. Your IP seems fine now as well.

I only see a port forward for port 80 though. You will definitely need a second rule to port forward 2300-2310 (both TCP/UDP) as well, while keeping the port forward on 80 you have now.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

zoom wrote:Confirm that you used your dynamic local IP as input:
To find out your device's DIP, open the start menu, type "cmd" and hit enter to launch the program. Then type "ipconfig" and hit enter. The "IPv4 Address" is the DIP of your device. As implied by the name, it is not static and is subject to change from time to time; especially if the Router is rebooted.

Yeah :grin:
Attachments
Sin título1.jpg

"And we hate po-po
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

EAGLEMUT wrote:If you can't choose anything else there, then I guess it's correct. Your IP seems fine now as well.

I only see a port forward for port 80 though. You will definitely need a second rule to port forward 2300-2310 (both TCP/UDP) as well, while keeping the port forward on 80 you have now.

I don't know what do you mean with a second rule or i don't know how to create it :roll:

do you mean this?
Attachments
Sin título1.jpg

"And we hate po-po
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yep, that's what I meant ;)
But put the same IP address there, you wrote .128 instead of .129 at the end.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Yep, that's what I meant ;)
But put the same IP address there, you wrote .128 instead of .129 at the end.

Wow!, i think it's fixed now :D :D :D, thank you so much guys, it means a lot !
thanks for help me :D

"And we hate po-po
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Nice, glad to hear that! :ugeek: