Lang for sign-up?

United States of America robomon16
Crossbow

Lang for sign-up?

Post by robomon16 »

Still cannot connect . Fire wall is off (A game that ask you to turn off Windows defender?? mmmmm? ESO really spyware?) . I can Access web site but not the game. I m at a loss . Is their lang in the Sign-up process?
Crossbow

Re: Lang for sign-up?

Post by robomon16 »

robomon16 wrote:Still cannot connect . Fire wall is off (A game that ask you to turn off Windows defender?? mmmmm? ESO really spyware?) . I can Access web site but not the game. I m at a loss . Is their lang in the Sign-up process?

According to the 101 error my Steam copy has already been used? HOW? SO Steam is selling bad copy's of the game? what Joke
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

If it really matters I have a product is key I haven't made an account for.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

robomon16 wrote:
robomon16 wrote:Still cannot connect . Fire wall is off (A game that ask you to turn off Windows defender?? mmmmm? ESO really spyware?) . I can Access web site but not the game. I m at a loss . Is their lang in the Sign-up process?

According to the 101 error my Steam copy has already been used? HOW? SO Steam is selling bad copy's of the game? what Joke

No, Steam is not selling used keys. This is a common problem caused by previous installations of illegal versions of the game.
The Fix:
1. First you need to remove your old CD-key from your system. Run this registry script appropriate for your OS, found here: http://www.eso.com/101.aspx
2. Run vanilla AoE3 (must not be any expansion)
3. You should be asked for a CD-key now. Enter your new CD-key (you can find it on steam in Game library ->' select Aoe3 ->' select details on top right ->' select CD-key on the right)
4. Vanilla AoE3 should start now as normal if you typed the key correctly.
5. Connect to ESO, choose Create New Account, fill it and you're done.
6. Now you can also use your same account to play online on the TAD expansion, which is preferred as it includes all the civs and has better balance, larger playerbase, etc.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Crossbow

Post by robomon16 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
robomon16 wrote:

No, Steam is not selling used keys. This is a common problem caused by previous installations of illegal versions of the game.
The Fix:
1. First you need to remove your old CD-key from your system. Run this registry script appropriate for your OS, found here: http://www.eso.com/101.aspx
2. Run vanilla AoE3 (must not be any expansion)
3. You should be asked for a CD-key now. Enter your new CD-key (you can find it on steam in Game library ->' select Aoe3 ->' select details on top right ->' select CD-key on the right)
4. Vanilla AoE3 should start now as normal if you typed the key correctly.
5. Connect to ESO, choose Create New Account, fill it and you're done.
6. Now you can also use your same account to play online on the TAD expansion, which is preferred as it includes all the civs and has better balance, larger playerbase, etc.

Its never been installed lintel i purchased from Steam? How could I an illegal copy of the game?
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

any sort of torrenting
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
Crossbow

Post by robomon16 »

leaf4 wrote:any sort of torrenting

Nope . I just did what The other person suggested . Running the script . Still getting 101 error when creating a new account. My PC clean So ESO to Assume I have illegal copy is BOGUS. In fact I re-loaded Win8 2 weeks ago because I kept having issues with win10

BTW my copy of Win8 came with my HP laptop so Its legal.
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

If it really comes down to it, there is a lot of people on ESO with smurfs that may be able to help you
Crossbow

Post by robomon16 »

leaf4 wrote:If it really comes down to it, there is a lot of people on ESO with smurfs that may be able to help you

I did own a CD copy of the game 8-9 years ago on a different machine. But I have had the same e-mail addy for long time. Would that make a difference? Triyng to register on the same e-mail account?
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

Ok so when you click on age of empires 3 on steam, then on the right hand side click on CD key. Open regedit ( type in search bar ) then see if the cd key steam is telling you matches the one in regedit. I think this is the defualt path : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires 3\1.0]

It might, you could try making a new email
Crossbow

Post by robomon16 »

leaf4 wrote:Ok so when you click on age of empires 3 on steam, then on the right hand side click on CD key. Open regedit ( type in search bar ) then see if the cd key steam is telling you matches the one in regedit. I think this is the defualt path : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires 3\1.0]

It might, you could try making a new email

THE Reg is correct and there is only one copy of the game in the Reg
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

Well if the cd key matches it means your in the clear on any old versions, you could always contact steam support.
Crossbow

Post by robomon16 »

Its instance also . I type the info and automatically with in 1 second I get the 101 Err Almost like a default message . I dont believe the info was sent and then verified and then sent back to me. Should take more than a second
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

http://www.agecommunity.com/101.aspx - theres this what AOE tells you to do, other than that just sumbit a ticket on steam telling them they gave you a faulty CD key
Crossbow

Post by robomon16 »

The Game runs fine though I played all the Campaigns now ready to play Online again. Im running the ESOC Patch
Crossbow

Post by robomon16 »

I got IT YA . It looks like I used a different username !!!!!! Looks like I did reg it with ESO . But I used a very different username I must have been drunk and dont remember Reging it with ESO
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

Congrats, welcome to ESO
Crossbow

Post by robomon16 »

leaf4 wrote:Congrats, welcome to ESO

Thanks for your help