No sound bug

United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

No sound bug

Post by dicktator_ »

I know this is a common issue but ever since I got this new computer a few months ago I've been getting the no sound bug like every 3-5 supremacy games, and I know it's not normal to get the bug this often. I know relogging fixes it but is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening so often?
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: No sound bug

Post by pecelot »

What's the bug about?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

no idea, i used to never have it. and then i did. i think nilla doesnt have it. its probably a bug in the game, but it does seem to occur more often if you have another program running that uses audio.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

the bug is basically where some sounds don't play anymore. it's the shipment is ready sound, or the raiding sound. it's pretty bad
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

I use different comp, and one has this bug.Half sound disappears after some games... I tried to re install and it s the same bug :/
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Doesn't this happen when you alt tab often? [citation needed]
I also think someone mentioned that you can fix the bug by going into your in game audio slider and changing it by like 1% and then changing it back to what it was or something close to that
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Netherlands GoggleEyed
Crossbow
ESO: GoggleEyed

Post by GoggleEyed »

Durokan wrote:Doesn't this happen when you alt tab often?

I noticed this was the problem for me.
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

Durokan wrote:Doesn't this happen when you alt tab often? [citation needed]
I also think someone mentioned that you can fix the bug by going into your in game audio slider and changing it by like 1% and then changing it back to what it was or something close to that

I have this problem too xD , if i do alt tab , the sound volume change a lot. Not sure it s the same bug as missing of sounds
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

sound gets very loud after alt-tabbing.
It doesn't happen on EP btw.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I just leave the game volume at max and use the computer volume to make aoe3 louder/more quiet so that I don't have to readjust the game volume every time I alt tab. I do listen to music while I play, I might stop doing that if the no sound bug continues to annoy me. I don't really alt tab much during game (maybe once or twice) but I do in between games. Also worth mentioning is that sometimes it's only certain sounds (like incog mentioned) that don't work and sometimes I literally have 0 sound.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

There's no known fix for this or pattern or repeatability. The only thing I've noticed is when aoe is competing with other sources of sound is when the bug happens. Especially when tabbing out or messing with volumes
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

dicktator_ wrote:I just leave the game volume at max and use the computer volume to make aoe3 louder/more quiet so that I don't have to readjust the game volume every time I alt tab. I do listen to music while I play, I might stop doing that if the no sound bug continues to annoy me. I don't really alt tab much during game (maybe once or twice) but I do in between games. Also worth mentioning is that sometimes it's only certain sounds (like incog mentioned) that don't work and sometimes I literally have 0 sound.

yeah it's a weird bug
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.