randomly game doesnt fit screen

United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

randomly game doesnt fit screen

Post by cedarfarms »

I just singed on today and randomly my game doesnt fit the entire screen like it usually does, there is about an 1 inch margin at the top and bottom of the screen that is really annoying, i tried switching all video resolutions and thats hasnt worked
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: randomly game doesnt fit screen

Post by Mitoe »

What resolution is your computer monitor? Does the resolution you selected in game match the resolution of your monitor?
Dragoon

Post by cedarfarms »

i always had it as the last option and it usually fit the screen perfectly, and it just randomly doesnt now, and its really annoying trying to play because the screen is alot smaller, at first i thought i was zoomed to far in so i kept trying to zoom out. It stinks :((((
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Click the option to go full screen and you shouldn't have any problem. If you want to stay in windowed mode, to get a full screen view, the game's resolution must match the native resolution of your monitor (BTW, scroll the selections down as the "last" one may not be the highest resolution setting available; the selections go up to 1920 x 1080). If the native resolution of your monitor is a strange size, however, you can add a special resolution in user.cfg.

Open Notepad and enter the following lines:
xres=1024
yres=768

(note that this is an example resolution, change it to the native resolution of your monitor).

Save to C:\Users\<your user login name>\Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Startup\user.cfg
Note that you must use "save as all file types" or you will get user.cfg.txt, which will not work.
Dragoon

Post by cedarfarms »

haha wow im an idiot, thank you metis. Ive played this game for 10 years and always thought there was only 4 resolution options, never realized you can scroll down. thats why im pr 13
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Don't feel bad, my PR hasn't changed in 10 years either. However, it's amazing what you can learn about this game. I'm still learning new things. Right now I'm having fun programming hotkeys -- it's really neat what you can do with the hotkey code.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Metis wrote:Right now I'm having fun programming hotkeys -- it's really neat what you can do with the hotkey code.

At least we know why your PR doesn't change. Such cheater.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

edeholland wrote:
Metis wrote:Right now I'm having fun programming hotkeys -- it's really neat what you can do with the hotkey code.

At least we know why your PR doesn't change. Such cheater.

One would think that if I were cheating my PR would increase. Hotkeys enable older and slower people to play the game at somewhat the same level as you kids with your fast APMs. But I guess you just have to be an ass, don't you.