[SOLVED] Failed to create account, and vanilla crashing

No Flag Green
Crossbow
ESO: NONE

[SOLVED] Failed to create account, and vanilla crashing

Post by Green »

Hello ESOCommunity

I bought AOE3 on Steam today and I wanted to try multiplayer but the game just says failed to create account when im lanching expansion pack. I've searched on google and read that I need to registrer account on the vanilla version of the game. The only problem is that it just keep crashing whenever I try to launch it, even if it's started with compatibly mode for winXP or vista (tryed all packs from them and still crashing).

How can I create ESO accout when I can't launch vanilla AOE3? or how to fix vanilla so I can create account
Last edited by _NiceKING_ on 28 Nov 2016, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [SOLVED]
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Re: Failed to create account, and vanilla crashing

Post by sirmusket »

@EAGLEMUT
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Hello and Welcome!
If you cannot fix vanilla, you should ask a friend of yours to create an account for you.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hi,
asking a friend seems like a solid suggestion as this problem is still quite a mystery to me.

The only lead I found is that it may be a privilege issue, so here are some things you can try on your end:
- launch the game directly in administrator mode
- start Steam in administrator mode and launch the game from there
- uninstall Steam and reinstall it in administrator mode, then try the above again
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag Green
Crossbow

Post by Green »

Thanks for your replys.

@EAGLEMUT
#1 and #2 did not work, but oddly enough I found a way to start the vanilla game without it crashing.
Just did a backup of appdata folder (cuz didn't want to download all games again when going to step 3) and just tryed to launch the game from where the game from backupfolder, and run as admin => crash, not running as admin and I could enter CD-key and game started (vanilla)

Thats all the progress so far, the game still says "failed to create account" when I try make an account.

Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

If you had cracked version of the game before getting the original one, you have to remove old game key.
Download the script (click here) and launch it.
No Flag Green
Crossbow

Post by Green »

I have not used pirated version of the game before
@_NiceKING_ should I run that script even I use win10 ?`as the script name seems to indicate it's only for win7
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Well, the script works for all Wins, but since you did not have cracked versions of the game before, the tool will be useless. You can try and launch it anyways, it won't hurt. You are not the only one having this issue these days (viewtopic.php?p=191583#p191583). No idea what is going on, maybe some ESO server problems.
No Flag Green
Crossbow

Post by Green »

Tryed using the tool, the game still gives me the same error and require me to insert CD-key everytime I launch the game. I can't launch vanilla game as admin as then it just keep crashing
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

So it definitely looks like a privilege issue now. ESO probably can't access the CD key when you launched without admin privs. The 101 registry script won't do anything for you I think, but won't hurt.
Next steps I'd try:
1. reinstall Steam as admin
2. launch Steam as admin
3. reinstall the game and launch it from Steam
Norway battlecraft2
Crossbow

Post by battlecraft2 »

Welp, just gonna say that I have exactly the same problem, so if anybody every finds a way to fix it, I'd like to know.
No Flag Green
Crossbow

Post by Green »

I've uninstalled Steam and installed it again, still same problem. I even tryed on my laptop same problem there.

Since you mentioned registry is there any way to manually enter the CD key there? Or is that mission impossible?

EDIT: I also installed AOE3 again
United States of America jasonz001
Crossbow
ESO: zxj001

Post by jasonz001 »

First verify none of your game files are corrupt. You can do this by verifying the game's cache: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

If you have previously installed AoE3 with a different product key, you will have to reset that product key using regedit to create a new account. Here's a guide: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2466064

I would just delete the age of empires 3 registry folder (and its expansions) since relaunching the game through steam will recreate it anyway and simply deleting the product key didn't work for me.

If AoE3 crashes on startup, make sure the prerequisite runtimes are installed. If you are using Windows 7, make sure you have the latest service pack, and have all the important windows updates installed. For example, if you are missing a Visual C++ runtime it tends to crash the game on startup with no warning. Also try running it from the EXE file instead of through steam.

Where exactly does the game crash when trying to play Vanilla?

Make sure your video drivers are up to date as well.

What operating system do you have and what are your computer's specifications? CPU, RAM, and graphics card?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Green wrote:I've uninstalled Steam and installed it again, still same problem. I even tryed on my laptop same problem there.

Since you mentioned registry is there any way to manually enter the CD key there? Or is that mission impossible?

Yeah, I actually had the same idea, entering the key manually might do the trick.
Looks like there's even a nice tool for that, try it out: https://www.regfiles.net/registry/age-o ... i-registry
Norway battlecraft2
Crossbow

Post by battlecraft2 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Green wrote:I've uninstalled Steam and installed it again, still same problem. I even tryed on my laptop same problem there.

Yeah, I actually had the same idea, entering the key manually might do the trick.
Looks like there's even a nice tool for that, try it out: https://www.regfiles.net/registry/age-o ... i-registry

I don't have much experience with regedit things and such, but I did try the thing that you suggested, using the tool. The "path" I didn't quite know where should be, so I put it in the game folder hoping that would be correct. Now when I try to make an account (on one of the expansions that is, as the base game still crashes), instead of saying that it failed to make one, it says: "Invalid PID version: 11592".
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@battlecraft2 I haven't actually tried it myself, just found the tool and thought it might help. Looking at my own values in the registry, I think the supplied version from the tool is not correct. Try to manually change the Version value to 1.14, instead of 1.12. The SetupPath should lead to your installation directory indeed, so i think you got that one correct.
No Flag Green
Crossbow

Post by Green »

@jasonz001
AOE3 vanilla crash 100% of the time when I launch it as administrator, every single time (either run from steam or directly from the age3.exe "file", no error message unless blah blah blah notified when they find a solution. But it works perfectly fine to start it when remove run this as admin and run in compatible mode, is not activated.

@EAGLEMUT
How exactly do you run that script?`
Is "CDPath" someting I should set as steam/common/steamapps/aoe3?
No Flag Green
Crossbow

Post by Green »

Finally I managed to create ESO account, was easier than I thought it would be lol.

Quite funny that it required me to use admin user to prevent it crashing on startup when you run it as admin.
Norway battlecraft2
Crossbow

Post by battlecraft2 »

Tried changing the version manually but it did not seem to help. Aparently one of my friends have had this problem fixed, so I will ask him when possible.

Edit: He said he found a fix, but never actually tried it. It didn't work, so back to not knowing how to fix this. Hoo-ray.

Edit2: So, what I did was run Windows XP on a Virtualbox. After fixing so it could run the game it worked, so I made an account via that. Not the simplest way to fix a thing, but hey, it worked.