OBS Problem!

Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

OBS Problem!

Post by sirmusket »

Hi all,
So I record and stream with OBS, and in the past 3 months had no problems, but yesterday, I noticed when i was streaming/recording it was freezing etc, and the rec/streams weren't smooth, I must have changed a setting to now make the recording worse, I don't think its my PC seeing as it is pretty decent, I used to rec at 3500 bitrate, and stream at around 650:
PC Specs:
8GB DDR4 Ram
Intel i7 6500
NVIDIA 2GB 940MX
Reso-> 1366x768-> I use laptop
any help would be appreciated :)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: OBS Problem!

Post by deleted_user »

What is your upload speed? You want to stream at ~half of that, so 1 mbps upload would be a 500 streaming bitrate. Iirc your upload is exactly that, 1 mbps, which means streaming is pretty much a non-option for you without regular buffering and a quality that is actually watchable.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:What is your upload speed? You want to stream at ~half of that, so 1 mbps upload would be a 500 streaming bitrate. Iirc your upload is exactly that, 1 mbps, which means streaming is pretty much a non-option for you without regular buffering and a quality that is actually watchable.

its not about streaming, its when i record too
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

sirmusket wrote:
deleted_user wrote:What is your upload speed? You want to stream at ~half of that, so 1 mbps upload would be a 500 streaming bitrate. Iirc your upload is exactly that, 1 mbps, which means streaming is pretty much a non-option for you without regular buffering and a quality that is actually watchable.

I'm not familiar with recording through obs, though again, I would suspect it is a bitrate/internet issue.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:
sirmusket wrote:

I'm not familiar with recording through obs, though again, I would suspect it is a bitrate/internet issue.

I don't think internet can affect recordings, and It was fine, i used to record all the time, just a new arising issue :P
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm not too sure. Could be CPU usage but you have a pretty beefy i7. I would try lowering recording bitrate yet and/or using resolution downscale in obs. I don't know anything about this, this is just what I've garnered from a quick google search because I'm trying to be helpful.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:I'm not too sure. Could be CPU usage but you have a pretty beefy i7. I would try lowering recording bitrate yet and/or using resolution downscale in obs. I don't know anything about this, this is just what I've garnered from a quick google search because I'm trying to be helpful.

yeah thanks :), I'll see what I can do, I used to be able to record at 4k bitrate tho, and no dramas, just recently something happened