Transferring AOE Memory to New Computer

Poland Nick89
Crossbow

Transferring AOE Memory to New Computer

Post by Nick89 »

Hello been a longtime player but never posted before. I was wondering how would you transfer my saved memory from my old computer (installed by Disk) with my new computer installed through steam? Is it even possible? I have seen directions from other sites and thought I followed their instructions but never seems to work. Any help would be appreciated!
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Transferring AOE Memory to New Computer

Post by iNcog »

I'm not too sure if this works, but it probably should.

Go to:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age Of Empires 3

That is where your installation folders are. So, I'm guessing you take that folder and put it on an external HDD or USB key (it's a bit less than 4 Gb). Go to your new computer where steam is installed and go back to the location I described before (obviously install steam first). Paste that back in. It should work, I think.

Edit: maybe you run into dll issues
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland Nick89
Crossbow

Post by Nick89 »

Thank you for your help. I found it on my old computer and transferred it and it still doesn't work :/ been messing with it for awhile. Since I am transferring from an original disk I went to my documents/my games/aoe3 copied the folder in there and copied it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age Of Empires 3 just seems weird.

Thanks
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

What error does it give?
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

It still belongs in my documents, not in the program files one. My Docs\My Games\Age of Empires3\ == game settings, the other path is your installation folder. Don't put it there. It may even corrupt your installation if you do.
Poland Nick89
Crossbow

Post by Nick89 »

I corrupted the steam file once already today lol. Seems like it could be in the wrong folder. The game loads normally but doesn't show my new civilization after I input it in there. Seems like I'm imputing information in the wrong spot. Thank you for your help.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Oh, you wanted to save replays and in game settings?
Garja wrote: