Can't install Visual C++ 2015

Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Can't install Visual C++ 2015

Post by yoqpasa »

Hi , I've been trying to install Visual C++ 2015 in order to fix my error message when I launch EP. The progression bar gets stuck just before finishing whithout getting any message...Does anyone know why this occurs? :sad:

Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Re: Can't install Visual C++ 2015

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

yoqpasa wrote:Hi , I've been trying to install Visual C++ 2015 in order to fix my error message when I launch EP. The progression bar gets stuck just before finishing whithout getting any message...Does anyone know why this occurs? :sad:

think there are different versions for win10 and win7, dont know exactly tho, maybe u got the wrong one..
--> make sure you windows is updated to the newest version, and that you are using the right C++ for the right windows version..
(guess ur win is 64 bit since this is the version you downloaded..)
--> deactivate antivirus while installing
--> install as administrator
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

The update being released (viewtopic.php?t=9621) is rolling back to Visual C++ 2013, which people have fewer problems with. With that update you should be able to get it working, although you may need to reinstall the patch.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer

Post by yoqpasa »

musketeer925 wrote:The update being released (viewtopic.php?t=9621) is rolling back to Visual C++ 2013, which people have fewer problems with. With that update you should be able to get it working, although you may need to reinstall the patch.

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:
yoqpasa wrote:Hi , I've been trying to install Visual C++ 2015 in order to fix my error message when I launch EP. The progression bar gets stuck just before finishing whithout getting any message...Does anyone know why this occurs? :sad:

think there are different versions for win10 and win7, dont know exactly tho, maybe u got the wrong one..
--> make sure you windows is updated to the newest version, and that you are using the right C++ for the right windows version..
(guess ur win is 64 bit since this is the version you downloaded..)
--> deactivate antivirus while installing
--> install as administrator

Ok, I uninstalled 10-12 versions of Visual C I had. I Installed both (64) and (86) without any problem. But now my EP launcher keeps saying api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0 is missing. I've searched for solutions, but all of them say I should update Windows. I use W7 but don't want to install W10 cause it sucks. Any clue?

Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

Our dear friends, the media team, are so eager to the update that they have posted the news before the update is in fact released :uglylol:

You dont have W7 SP1 installed on your system, that is why you have this problem ('api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0 is missing').
The update will probably be released in a few hours, and the update will fix your issue.
Just download and install the file 'vcredist_x86.exe' from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784
You dont need disable your antivirus or something else, just install it and wait for the update.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer

Post by yoqpasa »

Buckethead wrote:Our dear friends, the media team, are so eager to the update that they have posted the news before the update is in fact released :uglylol:

You dont have W7 SP1 installed on your system, that is why you have this problem ('api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0 is missing').
The update will probably be released in a few hours, and the update will fix your issue.
Just download and install the file 'vcredist_x86.exe' from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784
You dont need disable your antivirus or something else, just install it and wait for the update.

Thank you, hope you are right!

Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

thanks Buckethead