this is how you fix FTJ

Egypt electro eagle
Crossbow
ESO: hiss

Re: this is how you fix FTJ

Post by electro eagle »

i dont think so cuz i know many guys tried portforwarding and closed firewall but it still not work all agree
VPN is the best solution to fix failed to join upgrading will give u more speed and i will heep search for best VPN that make AOE3 very perfect and vpn did that portforwarding couldnt do make them join to games
and this semi lag we can fix it easy
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

VITAOOOOOOOOO1 wrote:
AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:
Show hidden quotes

lul the king of pointtrading has spoken. playing countless games 2min each then let ur opponent resign for some online score points nobody cares about in a half dead game is sure time wise invested. like, thats what gaming is all about. real fucking fun.

hahaha show ur self mate

sorry i cudnt resist :P i just have to be a dick sometimes
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

electro eagle wrote:yep but i think this one ((Hide.me)) is good for AOE3 and its free

The one I suggested is also good and free :D
Egypt electro eagle
Crossbow

Post by electro eagle »

yeah its compeletly free
Egypt electro eagle
Crossbow

Post by electro eagle »

ok i removed that
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

@electro eagle. Rule #12. Any user that has created their account with the sole purpose of advertising another site or service will be instantly permanently banned and their posts deleted.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

I really hate it when I'm reading a thread and accidentally develop cancer due to how cringey this is.

Seriously be on this forum to be passionate about a game or go away. This is not the classifieds of a newspaper nor an ad-supported website. If anyone does encounter this error, which many do, then there (should) be a thread already here. I will summarize based on what I know;

1) Port-forward your router, or enable DMZ mode.

2) Only if you don't have access to your router use a VPN. Don't be a chump and use paid solutions. Use VPNTool. [ http://www.vpntool.com/ ]

End of story. Someone please lock this thread.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Brazil VITAOOOOOOOOO1
Skirmisher
ESO: VITAOOOOOOOOO1

Post by VITAOOOOOOOOO1 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:I really hate it when I'm reading a thread and accidentally develop cancer due to how cringey this is.

Seriously be on this forum to be passionate about a game or go away. This is not the classifieds of a newspaper nor an ad-supported website. If anyone does encounter this error, which many do, then there (should) be a thread already here. I will summarize based on what I know;

2) Only if you don't have access to your router use a VPN. Don't be a chump and use paid solutions. Use VPNTool. [ http://www.vpntool.com/

but with this u got same lag? whats the difference?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

VITAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

VITAOOOOOOOOO1 wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:I really hate it when I'm reading a thread and accidentally develop cancer due to how cringey this is.

2) Only if you don't have access to your router use a VPN. Don't be a chump and use paid solutions. Use VPNTool. [ http://www.vpntool.com/

If you lag with vpn tool you are going to lag with any vpn. Any old nomchie can see that. No "Premium Subscription" can change shitty internet.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Brazil VITAOOOOOOOOO1
Skirmisher
ESO: VITAOOOOOOOOO1

Post by VITAOOOOOOOOO1 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
VITAOOOOOOOOO1 wrote:

If you lag with vpn tool you are going to lag with any vpn. Any old nomchie can see that. No "Premium Subscription" can change shitty internet.

with a vpn i got some lag, but is because this free vpn cause a limits in ur internet , the premiun mode promise that desblock all internet.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

VITAOOOOOOOOO1 wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Show hidden quotes

with a vpn i got some lag, but is because this free vpn cause a limits in ur internet , the premiun mode promise that desblock all internet.

I don't think you know how a VPN works. Please learn.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Egypt electro eagle
Crossbow

Post by electro eagle »

any one want to know how/why VPN works in this famous problem called Failed to join sometimes AOE3 when u enter to any game with your ip you find it you cant join to games VPN changes your ip and makes new ip to you and this new ip makes you can join to all games about your ping some VPN gives you good ping with new ip but i think it will cost money
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
ESO: ProjectW

Post by ProjectW »

electro eagle wrote:any one want to know how/why VPN works in this famous problem called Failed to join sometimes AOE3 when u enter to any game with your ip you find it you cant join to games VPN changes your ip and makes new ip to you and this new ip makes you can join to all games about your ping some VPN gives you good ping with new ip but i think it will cost money

Sentences.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

electro eagle wrote:any one want to know how/why VPN works in this famous problem called Failed to join sometimes AOE3 when u enter to any game with your ip you find it you cant join to games VPN changes your ip and makes new ip to you and this new ip makes you can join to all games about your ping some VPN gives you good ping with new ip but i think it will cost money

No.

A VPN service is designed to circumvent restrictions on networks and in certain countries. Most, if not all VPN services should have open ports, to allow people to use their applications without any restrictions. An example would be if you are in a Hotel trying to play Age Of Empires. Unless they are really trying they wont have open ports.

Open ports are needed so the application can communicate directly to the internet through its self-assigned port. The failed-to-join error is caused by this port being blocked. It has nothing to do with your IP address.

As for ping, because essentially a VPN is a tunnel connection two computers (all your internet is routed through another computer) the ping can only go up. There is no IP with good ping or bad ping it entirely depends on the relays between your computer and the server you are trying to access. A VPN adds much more ping due to you have more relays because you have to go through the relays in the VPN first.

This stupid VPN service simply pretends to give you a slower connection and when you pay, it will probably (if its any good); Increase bandwidth and get a VPN server closer to you (not always ideal). This will lower your ping due to fewer relays between you and the VPN server, however it is definitely not as good as simply opening your ports or putting your router in DMZ mode.

TL:DR
- IP has nothing to do with ping
- What you said isn't right.
- Im salty and this is my final post, if you want to pay for a shitty VPN that does nothing over a free one than be my guest.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Egypt electro eagle
Crossbow

Post by electro eagle »

then how can you tell me why portfowrading sometimes not working ??
when portfowrading as usual doesnt working people cant join to games then they will prefer join to games with semi lag
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

electro eagle wrote:then how can you tell me why portfowrading sometimes not working ??
when portfowrading as usual doesnt working people cant join to games then they will prefer join to games with semi lag

Port forwarding always works if you have access to the router. Most common issue is a dual router setup which is still possible to forward correctly.
Egypt electro eagle
Crossbow

Post by electro eagle »

britishmusketeer if it always work why people used VPN which i discovered
most of new guys have this problem and ofcourse them tried portforwarding becuz this common solve and it didnt work with them and i tried the port forwarding and didnt work for me
Howdah

electro eagle wrote:britishmusketeer if it always work why people used VPN which i discovered
most of new guys have this problem and ofcourse them tried portforwarding becuz this common solve and it didnt work with them and i tried the port forwarding and didnt work for me

If port forwarding doesn't work it means you made a mistake or there is another router.
Egypt electro eagle
Crossbow

Post by electro eagle »

i dont think so all guys made mistake who can not join to games after trying portforwarding ?? i and you know your answer isnot reason man wanna make sense
Howdah

electro eagle wrote:so all guys made mistake who can not join to games after trying portforwarding ??

yes
Egypt electro eagle
Crossbow

Post by electro eagle »

really? all guys made mistake man man make sense plz
Howdah

electro eagle wrote:really? all guys made mistake man man make sense plz

what exactly doesn't make sense about lots of people making mistakes?
Egypt electro eagle
Crossbow

Post by electro eagle »

if u dont bielieve me try to go to game and ask people who have failed to join man and Hide.me VPN is easier and 100% sucessful
Howdah

electro eagle wrote:if u dont bielieve me try to go to game and ask people who have failed to join man and Hide.me VPN is easier and 100% sucessful

No point arguing with you since you just repeat the same things over and over. I never said it wasn't a common issue nor that using a vpn could fail. The main issue is that vpns cause lag so you should try to find out what you are doing wrong with your forwarding instead.