Computer crashes ~25% AoE games I play

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Computer crashes ~25% AoE games I play

Post by deleted_user »

When I'm in game my computer has started just going black and restarting in middle of a game. Sometimes, rarely, the monitor will go black and then it will come back, but usually it just crashes. Need help pls, it's frustrating losing games like that and almost 3/4 games I do lose is because my comp just crashes..
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Re: Computer crashes ~25% AoE games I play

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

deleted_user wrote:When I'm in game my computer has started just going black and restarting in middle of a game. Sometimes, rarely, the monitor will go black and then it will come back, but usually it just crashes. Need help pls, it's frustrating losing games like that and almost 3/4 games I do lose is because my comp just crashes..

this sounds like possibly sth is overheating in your PC during gaming and your pc decides to shut down to prevent hardware damage. just an idea, dont nail me down on it, had issues like that myself once on a notebook where there was sth stuck in the cooling system. maybe download a programm that checks and saves the temperature of your hardware and look if there is sth unusual after a restart.

ofc also cut be a virus or whatever, but this is one of the things to check first id guess.

QUICK EDIT: IF THIS TROLL POST IGNORE ME AND THE TEXT ABOVE ME AND EVERYTHING
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

My temps are all fine. I had a virus from gibson then wiped my computer so i shouldn't anymore.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

If this is for real, check if you can upgrade the display drivers. Or you could uninstall the display driver and reinstall it.

Also check if there's a hardware problem (fallen GPU fan). Because it sounds like whatever is causing this is related to the GPU.

If it's Windows 10 you can go to the Start menu button, right click on it then click Event viewer. Then open 'Application and Services logs' and check if there are any Hardware Events.
Then you could check other logs too, such as Windows Logs > System etc.

IF you have a previous restore point, you could try restore the system to that point when the system didn't have this issue.

Or you could start in Safe mode and try to run some tests there.

Another option could be to open Settings > Update&Security> Recovery. There you have 2 choices: Reset the PC which will create a new user and refresh the install, and Advanced start-up in which you can reboot from another device to restore from a system image and so on.

Else return yourmom;
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Of course it's for real idk why people think it's a joke

thanks for suggestions ill get to work implementing them some day
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

my last 2 games went out of sync - guess that was eso crash - just a bit anoying - cos my team was winning both times
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:If this is for real, check if you can upgrade the display drivers. Or you could uninstall the display driver and reinstall it.

Also check if there's a hardware problem (fallen GPU fan). Because it sounds like whatever is causing this is related to the GPU.

If it's Windows 10 you can go to the Start menu button, right click on it then click Event viewer. Then open 'Application and Services logs' and check if there are any Hardware Events.
Then you could check other logs too, such as Windows Logs > System etc.

IF you have a previous restore point, you could try restore the system to that point when the system didn't have this issue.

Or you could start in Safe mode and try to run some tests there.

Another option could be to open Settings > Update&Security> Recovery. There you have 2 choices: Reset the PC which will create a new user and refresh the install, and Advanced start-up in which you can reboot from another device to restore from a system image and so on.

Else return yourmom;
Yea it's almost certainly a GPU issue. Although if you wanna know for sure you can just pull your GPU and run the game with Intel integrated graphics, which are more than enough for aoe.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Also, make a post on r/buildapc. Tell them your computer specs and the issues it's having and they can help as well
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

pc cant handle your apm?
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

deleted_user wrote:My temps are all fine. I had a virus from gibson then wiped my computer so i shouldn't anymore.

:D
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lordraphael wrote:
deleted_user wrote:My temps are all fine. I had a virus from gibson then wiped my computer so i shouldn't anymore.

:D
it's actually Tru. I was trying to get him a link for furmark but was too lazy to actually check the link, which was bad I guess
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

iwillspankyou wrote:my last 2 games went out of sync- guess that was eso crash - just a bit anoying -cos my team was winning both times

Now you know why it was oos
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

deleted_user wrote:When I'm in game my computer has started just going black and restarting in middle of a game. Sometimes, rarely, the monitor will go black and then it will come back, but usually it just crashes. Need help pls, it's frustrating losing games like that and almost 3/4 games I do lose is because my comp just crashes..

That's the GPU driver restarting. Nvidia?
I have the same problem. Enabling Vsync seems to have fixed it but now scrolling lags unfortunately.
I never had any issues running without Vsync on AMD cards. Vega should be released soon.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln