France Kaiserklein
Jaeger

24 Nov 2017, 13:53

Just don't allow conflicts, and every new hotkey you set will erase all the other ones using the same key?
My YouTube channel

kickass_OP: lbs vs cavs no is good
kaiser won cuz german is lammer hard

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Rikikipu
ESOC Dev Team
ESO: p-of

24 Nov 2017, 14:20

Dsy wrote:New suggestion:
Make a button in option controls -> delete all hotkeys. So painful when reinstall the game and it takes 1 hour to remove all default awful hotkeys one by one to not interfere with my new ones.

Tips : You can save your hotkey setup between installations, so no need to rebind your hotkeys in every install.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

24 Nov 2017, 15:59

Dont allow conflict doesnt work since the game can add same key to find building as make units without conflict... So if i want to search e building then with duch i could train envoy instead since tc was selected.
I didnt know that i can save. However if somebody new he has to delte them on by one...
France Kaiserklein
Jaeger

24 Nov 2017, 16:44

Honestly I don't even see how it's possible to have that problem anyway...
My YouTube channel

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

25 Nov 2017, 11:39

Envoy rushing strats are ruined! Thats the problem
Venividivici_w: i heard h20 signed up last minute. Prob waited for roby not signing up so he wouldnt get smashed again
My recently started youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh6jN ... 15ZhFONCBg
Peru Hidddy_
Dragoon
ESO: Hidalgito

25 Nov 2017, 15:48

Dsy wrote:Dont allow conflict doesnt work since the game can add same key to find building as make units without conflict... So if i want to search e building then with duch i could train envoy instead since tc was selected.
I didnt know that i can save. However if somebody new he has to delte them on by one...

I had a similar problem. So the thing about the "allow conflicts" key is that it works usually for that page of hotkeys only, not for all the pages. So if you're under "Building Construction Hotkeys" and you pick E for your town center, and at the same time you have E for "Train Envoy" in "Town Center Hotkeys" then pressing the E key will both select your town center and train an envoy. I imagine this is what you want to avoid right? The only way to fix this is to manual change hotkeys that are conflicting with one another.

Another conflict I had was when trying to build an artillery foundary (hotkey E for me) with a villager it would instead just snap to my tc instead of building the art found. I was not allowing conflicts on my hotkeys so at first i was confused but then came to realize what was happening.

Also one last tip, to erase a hotkey use the allow conflict trick. For example, if you wanna delete the bell key on the town center then make the "eject garrisoned unit" the same hotkey while allowing conflicts, now they both have the same key. Then turn off "Allow conflicts" and remap "eject garrisoned unit" to the same key you just did a few seconds ago, this will make it so you have deleted your town center bell hotkey, and you can remap the other key to whatever you want which includes your old bell hotkey.
Russia 6th starting vil or I _Riot
Sweden Gendarme
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 02
ESO: Gendarme

25 Nov 2017, 16:00

Unfortunately global hotkeys take precedence over local ones. Finding units/buildings are global hotkeys (meaning that they don't require you to have any specific thing selected) but hotkeys for training and building are not global. This is why finding your TC takes precedence over building your artillery foundry. This has nothing to do with "only that page of hotkeys".
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

26 Nov 2017, 17:27

Hidddy_ wrote:
Dsy wrote:Dont allow conflict doesnt work since the game can add same key to find building as make units without conflict... So if i want to search e building then with duch i could train envoy instead since tc was selected.

I had a similar problem. So the thing about the "allow conflicts" key is that it works usually for that page of hotkeys only, not for all the pages. So if you're under "Building Construction Hotkeys" and you pick E for your town center, and at the same time you have E for "Train Envoy" in "Town Center Hotkeys" then pressing the E key will both select your town center and train an envoy. I imagine this is what you want to avoid right? The only way to fix this is to manual change hotkeys that are conflicting with one another.

Another conflict I had was when trying to build an artillery foundary (hotkey E for me) with a villager it would instead just snap to my tc instead of building the art found. I was not allowing conflicts on my hotkeys so at first i was confused but then came to realize what was happening.

Also one last tip, to erase a hotkey use the allow conflict trick. For example, if you wanna delete the bell key on the town center then make the "eject garrisoned unit" the same hotkey while allowing conflicts, now they both have the same key. Then turn off "Allow conflicts" and remap "eject garrisoned unit" to the same key you just did a few seconds ago, this will make it so you have deleted your town center bell hotkey, and you can remap the other key to whatever you want which includes your old bell hotkey.

I had a good solution. I changed all hotkeys to "ű" which i never use and start it from scratch. But its painfully long time to do.
Basicly i dont see the point why everything has hotkeys originally. Im sure people use only ctrl groups as original hotkeys. Others are just for making conflits and trouble.
Saw other guy on yt video also asked how can delete all hotkeys to start with a clear page, but unfortunately there is no fast solution for that.

And i found the file where it saves. But it saves all other options aswell. So there is no option to replace the file. I guess it works if i copy the text somewhere and replace only the hotkeys later. But i find it a bit "nasty" solution. But it might work.
But for a new player i dont think there is other way to fix hotkeys but remove originals one by one. Since he/she wont do magic in game files as a noob i guess.:D
France Kaiserklein
Jaeger

26 Nov 2017, 21:13

Lol like 3/4 of my hotkeys are the original ones. Honestly man you're just fapping on useless stuff imo.
My YouTube channel

Finland somppukunkku
Howdah
Donator 02

20 Jan 2018, 14:16

Wtf why this thar desert spawns other player with 30 trees behind base and other player 0?

with some civs its nice to have only forward trees around 30 range from TC
Austria knusch
Dragoon
Donator 01

20 Jan 2018, 21:03

just revert fishing boats back to 100w...

beyond retarded change, idk wo got that glorious idea -.-
United States of America SirCallen
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: SirCallen

20 Jan 2018, 21:04

"REVERT!"

"BEYOND RETARDED!"

>muh reason
Jan 12-14 Basement Charity Telethon -- $3300+ raised
Austria knusch
Dragoon
Donator 01

20 Jan 2018, 21:04

SirCallen wrote:"REVERT!"

"BEYOND RETARDED!"

>muh reason

was it your idea?^^
Jaeger
Donator 01

20 Jan 2018, 21:12

knusch wrote:
SirCallen wrote:"REVERT!"

"BEYOND RETARDED!"

>muh reason

was it your idea?^^

Hardly. Not relevant either way XD XD
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
ESO: Garja

20 Jan 2018, 21:21

The main problem with 70w is that it makes schooner card useless, and that's a terrible change.
It should be 80w and 40w respectively for default and post-schooners cost. TAD card for fishing boats should be something in between.
Jaeger
Donator 01

20 Jan 2018, 21:24

A reasonable, proposed change!

If it makes schooners useless, a card which was already very rarely sent, is it negatively impacting balance as it is now? In 1v1.

Or should the change be changed because it has simply made a card unfavorable?

Or is it making team unbalanced?
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01

20 Jan 2018, 21:27

It should be changed because 1) removes a design aspect of the game (need to send a card to fully exploit water boom) and 2) because it arises balance concerns since now every civ can water boom in the same way (especially with all warship nerfs).
Simply put, current situation is not optimal. It may be preferable over the previous situation (to improve water play overall) but it is far from good.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

20 Jan 2018, 22:08

It means everyciv dont need to invest in a card to fish boom, so french could still cav but with a dock and extra vills
Venividivici_w: i heard h20 signed up last minute. Prob waited for roby not signing up so he wouldnt get smashed again
My recently started youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh6jN ... 15ZhFONCBg
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01

20 Jan 2018, 22:24

Yes which is both good and bad. Right now schooer civs have pretty much no water advantage and that's not good.
Canada Warno
Skirmisher
Donator 05
ESO: Warno

20 Jan 2018, 23:21

Not sure if it's been discussed yet but has anyone tested giving Sioux steel traps and reverting back the eco buff of teepees?

Seems like that would be a good middle ground?
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
ESO: Tedere12

20 Jan 2018, 23:23

Warno wrote:Not sure if it's been discussed yet but has anyone tested giving Sioux steel traps and reverting back the eco buff of teepees?

Seems like that would be a good middle ground?

To be honest this would be a decent change. Not sure what the ep team view on currect sioux is.
"Well, now you are playing otto, but tommorow you might become a rapist, or a serial killer" -VaneStoilov

Jaeger
Donator 01

21 Jan 2018, 02:17

Didn't fp already experiment with giving TWC civs ST?
Peru Hidddy_
Dragoon
ESO: Hidalgito

21 Jan 2018, 02:49

Or make the first indigenous-american farm tech researchable at the market for all TWC civs?
Russia 6th starting vil or I _Riot
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01

21 Jan 2018, 13:28

Steel traps is an easy way out that standardize TWC civs even more.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”