Smurfs

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Smurfs

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
querty wrote:Stop caring so much about winning and take the opportunity to learn from higher lvl players. I hate smurfing in cs:go since it can destroy the experience for 9 people but i am basically fine with smurfing in aoe3. Always great to play against better players...

So why isn't it great to play against better players in CS:GO but it is in AoE? :hmm:

Because you don't learn anything from being headshotted instantly. In RTS an argument could be made for smurfing because you do learn new tricks or strategies; though only if both players are voluntary.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
querty wrote:Stop caring so much about winning and take the opportunity to learn from higher lvl players. I hate smurfing in cs:go since it can destroy the experience for 9 people but i am basically fine with smurfing in aoe3. Always great to play against better players...

So why isn't it great to play against better players in CS:GO but it is in AoE? :hmm:

Because you don't learn anything from being headshotted instantly. In RTS an argument could be made for smurfing because you do learn new tricks or strategies; though only if both players are voluntary.

You could still learn something from watching the demo afterwards tbh, positioning or whatever
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

enjoy2play wrote:
gibson wrote:lewl I told you I wasn't a smurf and that my max pr was 30, face the fact that you suck at 1v1 instead of saying all who beat you is a smurf

its funny, since random pr 25 join my game i say come on real account and some random pr 27 join my game. and after all u say its you.

ur also such a dumb idiot who got 15 eso accounts?
Yea i joined first on pr 25 cause that was the account saved on eso but you say too low so I come on pr27 account like big difference? All my accounts are between 25-30 so it's not like you're playing someone 15pr different than their account says. How's it stupid to have many accounts when anyone can just make accounts for free? Funny how I'm the dumb idiot when you're the one on here raging about losing to a captain. I may be dumb or I may be an idiot, but I'm certainly not a dumb idiot :chinese:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

You could still learn something from watching the demo afterwards tbh, positioning or whatever
all you learn is that some dude is using aimbot lol
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

gibson wrote:How's it stupid to have many accounts when anyone can just make accounts for free?
:hmm: Wait, what?
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
gibson wrote:How's it stupid to have many accounts when anyone can just make accounts for free?
:hmm: Wait, what?
:maniac:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

i think hes saying theres a trick to make free accounts in aoe3, and it probably has something to do with registry.
Error 404: Signature not found
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

noissance wrote:i think hes saying theres a trick to make free accounts in aoe3, and it probably has something to do with registry.
Nah, just abuse steams lenient return policy, although you do you have clean your registry of the prior key ofc
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

If u get headshotted it means ur in the wrong place. Learn cover zones and movement. CSGO is easy, and I love it when smurfs come on, if you are lucky they will be nice and point out your weak points.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

gibson wrote:
noissance wrote:i think hes saying theres a trick to make free accounts in aoe3, and it probably has something to do with registry.
Nah, just abuse steams lenient return policy, although you do you have clean your registry of the prior key ofc

This would've been nice to know 10 dollars ago :(
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

I like smurfs I think they keep people on there toes. The idea of the threat of a smurf kinda should act as a balancing matchmaker. If people respond to smurfs appropriately then they will play at there true or current skill level against the smurf.
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

i feel u tvautismus, from now on, i'll smurf the people who smurfs you <3

bloodthirsty gibson is my 1st victim.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

gustavusadolphus wrote:I like smurfs I think they keep people on there toes. The idea of the threat of a smurf kinda should act as a balancing matchmaker. If people respond to smurfs appropriately then they will play at there true or current skill level against the smurf.

Um, what? :huh:

If a 1st lieut agrees to play another 1st lieut without having any hint that his opponent is actually PR30+, how is that a "balancing matchmaker"?

Any PR30+ will wipe the floor with a PR 23-25, assuming both players play at their "true or current skill level." People are the level they're at for a reason. The PR system isn't perfect, but at least it helps to prevent garbage like this happening. RIP any semblance of balance once you make smurfs part of the equation. :lol:

Granted I know nothing about the original topic creator or his situation, but I just wanted to nip your generalization at the bud before any circle-jerk latched onto it as canon.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

enjoy2play wrote:
rsy wrote:why is this in patch discussion lol
[mention]1302[/mention] nah tvtotal isnt bobabu, tv's a teamplayer. I think bob's got totalchaos account which maybe causing ur confusion. it might actually b a good idea to make a list of smurfs and publish it on here for anyone interested in it, it's not against esoc laws :P

in RE atleast some play with the real accs, but do u ever see anyone on EP with his main account?

garja = 456,
umeu got like 18 accounts
mankle also
diarouage play on 15 accounts

fucking kids

lol all my accs have pretty much same stats dunno what the fuss about that
Image Image Image
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Playing 1v1 is kind of toxic for a player like myself. I am low rank, and I stay low rank cos I loose to many games playing 1V1. I cannot say for sure that I encounter many smurfs, but I have a good feeling that I do.
It got me off the game for a long time, and I am super rusty at it. Just started playing again, on a regular basis, because a player much better than myself, has been pushing me to come and play :? THX @matty1248 :love: :flowers:
I watched @
@_H2O playing on a smurf yesterday, of course bashing almost all he met. Wonder how that felt like, being bashed by a lance corporal, when you are a sergeant yourself - and loosing your rank??

Well, I can tell you :!: You just loose confidence in yourself, and interest in the game :shock:

Bottom line is; if we want the community to stay healthy and also recruit new players, KEEP THE SMURFING DOWN - cos your little FUNTIME bashing noobs or a lot worse player than yourself, could very well ruin the game in the long run :maniac:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Idk whats the big deal about smurfing. I'd rather play vs a PR35+ than vs a captain and I think most people would. The reason is I've got nothing to learn from people close to my pr. And I think its pretty obvious when someone is a smurf, you dont get outplayed by people on the same level as you (unless you got inflated rank but then you should be aware of it yourself).
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

tedere12 wrote:Idk whats the big deal about smurfing. I'd rather play vs a PR35+ than vs a captain and I think most people would. The reason is I've got nothing to learn from people close to my pr. And I think its pretty obvious when someone is a smurf, you dont get outplayed by people on the same level as you (unless you got inflated rank but then you should be aware of it yourself).

To the contrary, I believe you actually learn more from a close game where you get beat handily but not roflstomped. Getting raped by a PR30+ with no lube only a). shows that you suck comparatively and b.) gives you a bad taste for the person (in the case they are smurfing). The "in-crowd" here at ESOC believes the same way as I do about ideal opponent skill levels judging by the advice they've been giving in some other currently active threads asking how one can get better at the game.

I see nothing wrong with an imbalanced matchup if you know it's imbalanced when you ready up. I've fought vs people I knew would roll me, and I made sure they gave me advice along the way. Otherwise, the only good thing about playing vs PR35 is for the screenshot to say you met an AOE god (and even that you won't get in the case of getting smurfed). :lol:
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

Gear_Head wrote:
gustavusadolphus wrote:I like smurfs I think they keep people on there toes. The idea of the threat of a smurf kinda should act as a balancing matchmaker. If people respond to smurfs appropriately then they will play at there true or current skill level against the smurf.

Um, what? :huh:

If a 1st lieut agrees to play another 1st lieut without having any hint that his opponent is actually PR30+, how is that a "balancing matchmaker"?

Any PR30+ will wipe the floor with a PR 23-25, assuming both players play at their "true or current skill level." People are the level they're at for a reason. The PR system isn't perfect, but at least it helps to prevent garbage like this happening. RIP any semblance of balance once you make smurfs part of the equation. :lol:

Granted I know nothing about the original topic creator or his situation, but I just wanted to nip your generalization at the bud before any circle-jerk latched onto it as canon.

What I meant is that the pr 30 people will have to be on there a game all the time creating a situation where they must always play their pr instead of slacking off and getting upset when they lose.
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Smurfs are the most annoying thing possible in this game after cheaters.

Right now there are too few lt col/col level players. Japanese are all gone, many people decayed, most people above colonel either play team games with each other or use smurf accounts. Whenever I launch quicksearch (I'm lt col) I meet captains and majors 9 out of 10 times. I have to win 3-4 games to compensate for 1 loss. It is really hard to reach good rank with smurfs around.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I agree, smurfing is bad mkay.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I think a distinction should be drawn between having multiple accounts and smurfing. Smurfing implies having an intentionally lower PR or elo for the purpose of being able to play worse opponents. Having multiple accounts mean that you either want to hide your identity to have an unbiased game or that you want to have a second account which you use for QS and playing random games and not have to care about PR. I am personally okay with having multiple accounts, but smurfing can be bad if done in a certain way.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

umeu wrote:I agree, smurfing is bad mkay.

Well hello there Mr. Trump, how are you this fine evening?
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Well smurfing in general is bad for any given competitive game. Research the competitive aspect and matchmaking (ELO) if you don't understand why. Smurfing has always been rampant in AoE3, but I'm not sure why. I think it might have to do with ignorance from the community, as shown in this thread.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Indeed smurfing is pretty destructive, it's a real problem in this community. Pls stahp
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

where's gargamel when you need him