Is EP China too weak?

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Is EP China too weak?

Post by fei123456 »

I tried EP China a few days ago, and at around 10:00 the sheeps are stil not fatten lol.

changes:
lower herd fatten rate
no mamelukes in age 3
weaker old han reform
slower forbidden army

the 2nd one is a "bug fix", but the other three are all "nerfs".
goodspeed wrote in his guide 3.0 that "china is a weak civ". but after he lost to mongo10's china twice he decide to nerf china totally. ironic. and how he lost the two games? brit vs china, he choose to boom vc 200 pop on such a poor map, then 5v, then age up, and was killed before age 3. japan vs china, he goes 4v 4v 600g, and when china age 3 army were under his tc, he started to build golden pavilion. can this 2 games show china is an op civ?

i have to admit that china has strong age 3 timing, and old han reform is op too (though it rarely happens in 1v1). but chinese age 2 army are too weak, why isn't there any buff to them? when you nerf their cav and old han, you say "they're OP"; when you don't buff their colonial, you say "we don't want to change how we play this civ thoroughly". so isn't port 85f vill/sioux teepee "a thorough change"?
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Re: Is EP China too weak?

Post by Zhanson10 »

Couprider wrote:I tried EP China a few days ago, and at around 10:00 the sheeps are stil not fatten lol.

changes:
lower herd fatten rate
no mamelukes in age 3
weaker old han reform
slower forbidden army

goodspeed wrote in his guide 3.0 that "china is a weak civ". but after he lost to mongo10's china twice he decide to nerf china totally. ironic. and how he lost the two games? brit vs china, he choose to boom vc 200 pop on such a poor map, then 5v, then age up, and was killed before age 3. japan vs china, he goes 4v 4v 600g, and when china age 3 army were under his tc, he started to build golden pavilion. can this 2 games show china is an op civ?

i have to admit that china has strong age 3 timing, and old han reform is op too (though it rarely happens in 1v1). but chinese age 2 army are too weak, why isn't there any buff to them? when you nerf their cav and old han, you say "they're OP"; when you don't buff their colonial, you say "we don't want to change how we play this civ thoroughly". so isn't port 85f vill/sioux teepee "a thorough change"?

your grammar sucks ass but you have great points.

User was warned for this post.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Couprider wrote:I tried EP China a few days ago, and at around 10:00 the sheeps are stil not fatten lol.

changes:
lower herd fatten rate
no mamelukes in age 3
weaker old han reform
slower forbidden army

1) Effectively starting with +200w on livestock maps makes china's power fluctuate a lot which makes them alot harder to balance.
2)randomly getting mams is the saloon needed to be fixed for obvious reasons.
3)old han reforms was too op but didn't make any difference to most games so nerfing it makes sense.
4)This barely matters?

td;dr On a non livestock map where you don't gamble 200w for a chance for a free win, china is basically the same as re.
No Flag sudmakmak
Skirmisher

Post by sudmakmak »

buffalo = buffalo.
stupid logic = stupid logic.
noob = noob.
you can't teach noob to smart.
ex, you can't teach buffalo. buffalo can't learn to human speak.
play other game. have more fun.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

The legend
r]
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Nah China is mostly fine. Just boring to play.
Image Image Image
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Zhanson10 wrote:

changes:
lower herd fatten rate
no mamelukes in age 3
weaker old han reform
slower forbidden army

your grammar sucks ass but you have great points.

Let's see your Chinese then? Bet couprider's English is 100000x better.

@britishmusketeer the sword nerf matters quite a bit. Now you have a choice, don't use cover mode and maybe be able to kill cav but get rekt by range faster or use cover mode and you can't kill cav only block longer. China was already extremely weak to cav and this "bug fix" makes it worse.
mad cuz bad
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Why care about china in age 2 when their cav can kite pikes and muskets in melee in age 3 EleGiggle
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

They are all "small" nerfs, and don't hurt this civ much (like old han reform in 1v1); but many small nerfs may led to a big one. And it's annoying to see nerfs again and again, while no buffs to the significant weaknesses.
If forbidden army (flail+hammer) trains too fast, isn't territory army (sword+skirm) too slow? You always need two raxes to spam sword skirm combo, and as china trains units in batches they should train them faster.

My ideas:
1. Steppe rider HP 150 to 160.
2. Standrad army 3 ckn 2 steppe into 2 ckn 3 steppe.
(As no one plays chinese age 2, these won't "change too much".)
3. Add an age 1 shipment, "Chaos theory": you can train single-typed units, instead of flag batches.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Garja wrote:Nah China is mostly fine. Just boring to play.

Heresy.
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

sudmakmak wrote:buffalo = buffalo.
noob = noob.

Make this guy a moderator!
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

It already is 3ckn 2 steppe no?
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

tedere12 wrote:It already is 3ckn 2 steppe no?

I think he meant reverse.
No Flag sudmakmak
Skirmisher

Post by sudmakmak »

yurashic wrote:
sudmakmak wrote:buffalo = buffalo.
noob = noob.

Make this guy a moderator!

u play china often. and I seem your games. u will know, what problem for china. but If noob vs china lose? they don't know problem.
No Flag sudmakmak
Skirmisher

Post by sudmakmak »

Couprider wrote:They are all "small" nerfs, and don't hurt this civ much (like old han reform in 1v1); but many small nerfs may led to a big one. And it's annoying to see nerfs again and again, while no buffs to the significant weaknesses.
If forbidden army (flail+hammer) trains too fast, isn't territory army (sword+skirm) too slow? You always need two raxes to spam sword skirm combo, and as china trains units in batches they should train them faster.

My ideas:
1. Steppe rider HP 150 to 160.
2. Standrad army 2 ckn 3 steppe into 3 ckn 2 steppe.
(As no one plays chinese age 2, these won't "change too much".)
3. Add an age 1 shipment, "Chaos theory": you can train single-typed units, instead of flag batches.

?Buff Anti Cavalry? best problem for china. u can't shipment infinity.
Germany 666_X
Skirmisher
ESO: Einhornleiche

Post by 666_X »

well Iro and otto were too strong on RE so china obviously had to be nerfed harder
risi12345 : jerom ist fine
risi12345 : u make sam epiki wuth 700 Wood one barak
Hardcoar : what does the following have in common? 1. tibia best team-player;. 2. noel top seed of anything. 3. this game.
Hardcoar : all are indications of a #stronkera
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

china is fine i think, mediocre snipe, solid first pick, no real easy wins, no real hard defeats except vs brits and maybe russia.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

...and India's howdah/surgeon stagecoach boom.
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I dont think Brits beat China really.
Image Image Image
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

umeu wrote:china is fine i think, mediocre snipe, solid first pick, no real easy wins, no real hard defeats except vs brits and maybe russia.

Also India and France.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

nah, those mus arent bad for china, even at worst, probably slightly in chinas favor with the right reaction to what those civs will do
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Dont germany beat them
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

germany is probably favored again since the uhlan nerf doesnt have affect anymore i think, though im not 100% sure on that, but it was never a very easy mu for germany. on a no tp map china wins, on a livestock tp map its probably 50/50, maybe even in favor of china and on a normal no livestock tp map its germany favored
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Nerf their cav stats not training time imo.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Definitely not ā€“ it's fucking Chinese!

Then again, it is EP, I suppose...